The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Adventures Untold

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

571The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

(Once you guys post your characters going through, we will begin the Reign of Ashes~!)

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

572The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Awesome~ I will post a couple of my characters, wait for Silv to post hers and then post the other two. It seems fairer that way!)

573The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:50 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

The wolves and the birds listened carefully to Dalkota's instructions as he gave them. They switched their attention to the Rifts as they appeared, starting forward after Drellan and stepping quickly as the Gryphon ushered them on.

Najmah was close behind her mate before he stepped through the Rifts. She stared at the spot he had gone through, marveling at how the golden gateway hadn't even rippled as he passed. She let out a long breath and, just before she could take a step forward, she felt a nudge at her side. She looked back to see Rose standing there, looking at her with a shaken smile. The younger wolf, Najmah realized right then, looked awful.

"You look like you took a fall down the mountain side," she said with a soft smirk.

Rose blinked, caught in a moment of confusion. "I do?" she asked. Her voice cracked slightly as she said those two words.

Najmah chuckled and patted the top of Rose's head with a forepaw. "Yup. But who can blame you. It's been one heck of a week, hasn't it?"

"...Are you okay?" the red-eyed wolf asked softly.

The smirk faded and Najmah placed her paw back on the ground. Without replying, she looked passed everyone at Dalkota. After silently giving him a hard gaze that lasted for a moment, she turned back to the Rifts. But not before giving Jury and Rose a last look.

"...Well. See you guys soon."

With that, the daughter of the enemy, named for the stars like the ones that shone above, turned her back on her only friends and passed through the Rifts.

Soon after, a rustle of wings sounded as Finnican flew over the wolf sister's heads. He stopped and hovered where Najmah had been and looked past the she-wolves at the Gryphon.

"Hey. What you showed us. That... Well, it sucked," he admitted with a grimace, "But at the same time, I'm glad you did. Before, I thought Tyrin was dead, and was starting to believe that Syrune... But now I know they're not. So thank you for that." The falcon smiled happily at Dalkota before continuing, "The world is pretty messed up right now, so I'll do my best to help. I give you my word, I'll gather everyone together and we will come back. So... See you when I see you!"

Giving Dalkota one last bright smile, Finnican thrust his wings together and entered the golden gateway, not bothering to turn and face it as he did.

Rose, Fayru, Jury and Kurai were left. Rose looked to the Rifts where three of her friends had already gone through. She felt nervous, uneasy, and even a little sick. She was scared of going through, but she knew she had to. Hesitating longer than she should, the young wolf looked to her older sister.

574The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Dalkota continued to stare awkwardly at the remaining animals in the dead silence. 

"So... Just, whenever you're ready, step in please. It won't last forever....." 

575The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

"Nah!" Lupa sounded with a grin, "This things usually only disappear right after the last person goes through. Or whenever it's convenient for plot. They're fine!"

Noctura let out a long sigh and shook her head. "Dalkota, please tell her to stop breaking the fourth wall."

At this, Lupa blinked before peering up at the gryphon with wide, innocent eyes. "Daddy, how are fourth walls made?" she asked in a child-like voice.

"Oh my heavens," Noctura immediately grunted with a wing-slap to her face.

576The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:58 pm

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

(sorry this took me so long to get up ;-; )

Jury watched and listened to the guides with many, mixed emotions. It felt strange to be looking straight at the creature that lived with her sisters soul. Her eyes were just as unnatural and unsettling, though, and her cheering puplike attitude didn’t make it a less creepy situation in the least.

When the two were done with their explanation, Jury was staring at the wolf with brows furrowed as thoughts raced through her head, trying to sort through the information that had just been thrown at her. At least her mind was momentarily taken off of the terrible things that they were shown through the pool. That was one good thing to come from it.

The black wolf looked back to Dalkota as the mighty creature started to speak once more, taking in his regal appearance for what she thought may be the last time. Sure, they were meant to supposebly come back, but they were facing such horrible monsters and creatures of unimaginable strength, how would there be any way there wasn’t even the chance she would die before she would return to this place again? She didn’t want to forget, not the Grove and not Dalkota. It was peaceful here, and Dalkota was nice enough about it all. It would be a bit saddening if she would never remember him, even if they weren’t exactly friends. With a painful pang in her chest, she almost wished she could stay. She was tired of the fighting and bloodshed, and it would be naive to think they would lead any kind of calm life once they stepped through the Rifts.

Jury watched as they stepped through the Rifts one by one, uneasy as they disappeared to what was sure to be an awful sight, if the images they saw in the pool were any indication to go by. She watched as the owl flew by her after the rest of them, metal talons glinting in the light as she disappeared without a trace. With a deep breath, the wolf looked to her sister with a reassuring smile, refusing to let her see how uncomfortable she felt with the idea of this entire plan.

“It’s going to be alright,” she reassured softly, “We’re going to find our friends, and we’re going to save them all. We can do that. Afterward, life will be back to normal. Everything is going to fine, and I’m not going to let anything happen to you. I promise.” The older wolf spoke quietly, meaning every word she told her sister. She would die before she let the world break the young wolf beside her. “Don’t forget that, alright?”

Pressing her head against Rose’s shoulder, she slowly walked closer to the Rift, pausing to dip her head slightly towards Dalkota in silent thanks. Stopping in front of the Rifts, she looked over her shoulder to meet Rose’s eyes, giving a smile and small nod.

I’ll see you soon, Rose. Stay close, and stay safe.

With that, the wolf who had been stolen by death once already took a steady breath and stepped through the Rifts, prepared to whatever it would take in order to keep her family safe from the demons that now haunted her world.

577The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

I am going to cry if Jury actually dies for Rose ;-; *glomps Jury* DON'T LEAVE US!! Crying )

Rose listened to her sister, staring up at Jury in awe. Those words of comfort reached her heart, causing a warm smile to slowly spread across her face. She stepped into the black wolf and rubbed her head against hers in affection.
"I won't forget," she whispered before the older wolf pulled away.

Rose lifted her head and watched her sister approach the Rift. As yellow eyes met crimson orbs one final time, the young wolf grinned cheerfully and wagged her tail in farewell.
"I love you!" she called to Jury as she watched her sister disappear through the golden light.
With a small giggle to herself, the white and grey wolf started forward.

"Rose."

At the sound of her name, the young wolf came to a stop and turned to look at the one who had been with her since birth.

"It was nice the others got to finally meet you, huh?" she giggled.

Lupa grinned and nodded enthusiastically. "Ya! I never thought that would happen!" she laughed, "The looks on their faces when they realized who I was! That was awesome!"

The two she-wolves shared a moment of giggles before simultaneously ending in happy sighs. That was when Rose's face fell.

...Daddy...Pike...Everyone...They're really...

Lupa's smile faded, immediately noticing the change in Rose's demeanor, and why. After a moment, she sighed and looked away.

"...Noctura, Fayru. Before we go through the Rift, I have a message for you."

The birds, as well as Rose, looked to Lupa in surprise. Not waiting for them to question her, the Guide that took the form of a wolf continued.

"While Rose was unconscious, after she and Juryoku were captured by the humans, someone was able to get through to me. I'm not exactly sure who, how, where, or when, but I suspect the Rifts were somehow involved. I could be wrong though. But this is a message specifically for, and I quote, 'The other guide'. So Fayru, pay attention."

"I am listening," Fayru said immediately after Lupa ended her speech.

"Then here it is, exactly as it was given to me. ... Forgive him. It's the only path. Tell Finnican, Rinka, all of them... Tell them to forgive. And also... tell them goodbye."

Lupa paused before continuing.

"I was able to get a name. The name of the 'him' mentioned in this message. His name is..."

The Guide's jaws moved as she spoke his name. The name that one guide would know, but the other would not. The last syllable of this name was met by complete silence as the listeners registered the newly given information.

"...I see," Fayru finally spoke, "Thank you for relaying this message. You have my gratitude."

The violet eyed falcon humbly dipped her head to Lupa, then without another word, turned and walked passed Rose to the Rift.

"Hey, Fayru!" Lupa called before the Peregrine could step through.

The falcon paused and looked over her shoulder to the wolf.

"Good luck with your eyesight! It's going to take some time getting used to, but just you wait! Sooner or later, you'll be seeing just like any other bird!" the wolf Guide grinned.

At hearing Lupa's words, Rose blinked in surprise and whipped around to look at Fayru, who seemed to be comprehending those words. As the young wolf stared, her eyes grew wider as she realized the falcon's eyes did seem to be brighter, and have a sharper glint to them. Then, adding more to her shock, she watched as the edge of Fayru's beak pulled back into a small smile.

"...Thank you," the falcon said once more. With no reason to stay any longer in The Grove, she turned back and stepped through the Rift.

Silently, Rose looked back behind her. Noctura was gone, as Lupa had already noticed.

"So that's how it's going to be," she heard the Guide say under her breath.

The young wolf shifted her gaze to the gryphon, who was still watching after her. A surge of unexplainable joy went through her as she met his eyes, so she beamed happily at him.

We'll find everyone together, and we'll be back soon! I won't let anyone else die. Please, watch over us Dalkota, and help us when you can. And I won't let you down!

Without another moment of hesitation, Rose, the final member of the group to leave The Grove, faced the golden lights and leaped into the Rift after her family and friends.

With Rose gone, Lupa's body grew transparent and began to dematerialize. Streams of mist flowed from her being, settling in the yellow stalks that surrounded her. She looked back at Dalkota and grinned.

Later! she mouthed before the last of the mists floated away, leaving nothing of her form.

578The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 Empty Re: The Wild Adventures Untold Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Dalkota stared after Rose as she stepped through, watching as the pulsating Rift took her in and began to fade moments later. He looked away long enough to nod with a small smile at Lupa while she vanished, and when he looked back the Rift was gone. Everyone was gone.

The Gryphon took in a long sigh as he looked about the empty Grove, hearing nothing but the chirping of crickets and other small bugs. With a shuffle of his feathers, Dalkota sat down in place on his hind, lion-like haunches. He looked around the Grove again and shut his eyes for a moment, shaking his head lightly with worry. 

The sound of crackling energy caused the Gryphon's eyes to snap open, and he shifted his head to look beside him as a streak of light broke through the air. The center of the light formed a white ball that grew, like a puddle of light forming until it was a large enough white oval to compensate the shape that stepped through. 

With the Soul Key glowing around his right ankle, Tyrin stepped out of the portal with a calm demeanor, not noticing Dalkota as the lights swirled away to a close behind him. After a moment the glyphs on the Soul Key stepped glowing, and the last of the light died away behind the Red-Tailed Hawk. 

Tyrin shuffled his feathers when he finally spotted the Gryphon, giving him a kind nod and the beginnings of a smile. "It's heading North, like you said. The Elder Dragon is looking for more frigid waters to hibernate. In the meantime, I'd like to take another look at the Prison. I think that should be our first target. We'd get more on our side and cripple Zarrock's Shades in the process.... Why are you so quiet?" 

Dalkota blinked in surprise at Tyrin's question, eyeing the Hawk with s small shaking of his head. He stared his friend of many years, taking in each scar on Tyrin's beak and knowing about the ones he couldn't see. The Gryphon almost didn't know how to say it... 
"... They were here. Minutes ago... I would have kept them longer, but...."

Tyrin froze in place, staring at Dalkota before moving his eyes down the the dirt and grass, seeing the pawprints for the first time. He was quiet as he thought, swirling a blade of grass around his talon and shaking his head lightly. 
"It's okay... we would have just had to send them away anyways... It won't be too long until I can see them again... "

"... I'm sorry." Dalkota dipped his head softly in respect, but Tyrin replied with a smile. 

"It's fine... there are more important things to be done than catching up with friends and family. If we can't keep going, there won't be any families to catch up with at all... it's better this way." Tyrin decided, perhaps trying to convince himself as well as Dalkota. 

The Red-Tailed Hawk straightened up with a serious nod to the Gryphon. "If you see them before I do, send for me. And if Khiarra returns before dusk, tell her I'll be waiting at the Tavern. We still need to find out how that note got to Syrune."

Dalkota nodded in understanding, admiring Tyrin's ability to stay focused despite so much happening. As the Hawk fluttered off to the circular entrance platform above the lake, Dalkota turned to face where the Rift had been one last time, wishing them luck. He did the same for Tyrin, then shut his eyes again.

Be safe young ones. Stay strong. There is so much pain... so much death ahead... I hope only that you all can share a single day together in peace before the end. 

And that message between the Guides... I must uncover who sent it, and why. 

Your Guardian is watching, small ones. I will do my best to keep you safe.

TO BE CONTINUED IN: 

The Wild Adventures Untold - Page 20 The_wi12

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum