The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Outskirts)

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Behind the she-wolf was a large exit, where the sun shone and the outside could clearly be seen. There were patches of snow along the yellow ground, and some tree bases outside could be seen. The wind blew in, shuffling her fur in the slightest. Her eyes moved subtly to an area somewhat to the left-Drellan's right-to where the tunnel entrance was. She made eye contact with Silence and quietly willed him to stay put with her eyes and ears. As he was in Drellan's blind spot, she was sure the wounded wolf would not be able to see him unless he turned his head. She knew he would have scented him by now, however, but she was not worried. He would have scented the rabbits as well, so perhaps that would help put him at ease?

At Drellan's confusion, the she-wolf smiled apologetically. "I am sorry. That was a horrible introduction. My name is Gretta. My friend and I found you collapsed. We were worried for your safety, so we took you in to our temporary shelter." Her expression grew solemn as she focused on the side of his face that she had bandaged. "That wound... You must have been through something truly awful..."
"I... " Drellan stared forward at the she-wolf for a short while, then through her at nothing at all while his mind tried to catch up with his surroundings. A flash of the last few days seared into his vision for an instant, and the vivid, cold memory of T'Sone's laughing brought him back into reality. He still couldn't speak. A dryness in his throat and the trauma of everything stole his voice away. His body shivered lightly as everything came creeping back to him, he closed his eye and turned his head to obscure his wound from the new wolf. Obscure being a word which here means 'to hide his disgusting missing eye'

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Behind the she-wolf was a large exit, where the sun shone and the outside could clearly be seen. There were patches of snow along the yellow ground, and some tree bases outside could be seen. The wind blew in, shuffling her fur in the slightest. Her eyes moved subtly to an area somewhat to the left-Drellan's right-to where the tunnel entrance was. She made eye contact with Silence and quietly willed him to stay put with her eyes and ears. As he was in Drellan's blind spot, she was sure the wounded wolf would not be able to see him unless he turned his head. She knew he would have scented him by now, however, but she was not worried. He would have scented the rabbits as well, so perhaps that would help put him at ease?

At Drellan's confusion, the she-wolf smiled apologetically. "I am sorry. That was a horrible introduction. My name is Gretta. My friend and I found you collapsed. We were worried for your safety, so we took you in to our temporary shelter." Her expression grew solemn as she focused on the side of his face that she had bandaged. "That wound... You must have been through something truly awful..."
"I... " Drellan stared forward at the she-wolf for a short while, then through her at nothing at all while his mind tried to catch up with his surroundings. A flash of the last few days seared into his vision for an instant, and the vivid, cold memory of T'Sone's laughing brought him back into reality. He still couldn't speak. A dryness in his throat and the trauma of everything stole his voice away. His body shivered lightly as everything came creeping back to him, he closed his eye and turned his head to obscure his wound from the new wolf. Obscure being a word which here means 'to hide his disgusting missing eye'
Gretta's face softened in pity. "To be completely honest, I have seen worse. As horrible as that is to admit. But with those past experiences, I was able to learn how to care for the critically wounded. And so I cleaned your wound and bandaged it while you were unconscious. Speaking of which, it looked as if you'd been inflicted with it a week ago, and despite having found you alone and unbandaged, there were no signs of infection. What kind of treatment did you receive following...?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Gretta's face softened in pity. "To be completely honest, I have seen worse. As horrible as that is to admit. But with those past experiences, I was able to learn how to care for the critically wounded. And so I cleaned your wound and bandaged it while you were unconscious. Speaking of which, it looked as if you'd been inflicted with it a week ago, and despite having found you alone and unbandaged, there were no signs of infection. What kind of treatment did you receive following...?"
Drellan stood up slowly, opening his eye and staring far away as he ignored the question. The many bruises, scrapes, and cuts he suffered all over his body from his week long trek through unfamiliar woods felt as though they were recovering. Whether it was something Gretta did or not, the wolf did not know. He started wearily towards the sunlight when he finally noticed Silence with a jolt. He took a step back in surprise at the larger wolf, the fur along his neck and spine beginning to raise.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence dipped his head, moving forward and to the side, into the light but not directly towards Drellan. He set the prey from his jaws on the ground, but kept his gaze focused on the other male, not threatening, but not in submission either. "The hunt was not as successful as could be hoped for," his first words were directed at Gretta, the latter more of a statement to the air, "But it can be split equally with those in need."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Drellan would have seen Silence eventually, she supposed, but it had happened sooner than she would have liked. Gretta had hoped the wounded wolf would have had a chance to get comfortable first before meeting a much larger wolf. Nevertheless, she smiled softly as Silence exited the tunnel.
"I am glad you were able to find those at least, friend," she replied, "Thank you."
The she-wolf picked the smaller of the two rabbits and started to walk it over to Drellan. Then sensing he may not feel comfortable with her getting too close, set it down a good distance away from him and backed up to where she had stood before. She made no move to get even a piece of the other rabbit.
"Please, go ahead. You will need all the meat you can get."

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Drellan would have seen Silence eventually, she supposed, but it had happened sooner than she would have liked. Gretta had hoped the wounded wolf would have had a chance to get comfortable first before meeting a much larger wolf. Nevertheless, she smiled softly as Silence exited the tunnel.
"I am glad you were able to find those at least, friend," she replied, "Thank you."
The she-wolf picked the smaller of the two rabbits and started to walk it over to Drellan. Then sensing he may not feel comfortable with her getting too close, set it down a good distance away from him and backed up to where she had stood before. She made no move to get even a piece of the other rabbit.
"Please, go ahead. You will need all the meat you can get."
Drellan's gaze darted from Silence to Gretta, studying them both intensely. A hundred thoughts ran through his head on who they could be, but the one he kept returning to warned him of the worst possible conclusion. 

It's some kind of test. Has to be. The want to know that I understand them...

He turned back to Gretta and shook his head lightly. He swallowed the dryness in his mouth and cleared his throat, a hoarse voice finally replying. "... I won't. I understand. I spoke to no one..."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Gretta furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked him up and down before dipping her head.
"We mean you no harm. We only wish to assist an injured wolf in a cruel world. And so I insist. Please eat, so that you may keep your strength up."

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Gretta furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked him up and down before dipping her head.
"We mean you no harm. We only wish to assist an injured wolf in a cruel world. And so I insist. Please eat, so that you may keep your strength up."
Drellan stared forward, his eyes still hardened. Flickers of confusion washed through his vision as he listened to Gretta's tone. "I.... you're not... you're not one of them?"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Gretta furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She looked him up and down before dipping her head.
Drellan stared forward, his eyes still hardened. Flickers of confusion washed through his vision as he listened to Gretta's tone. "I.... you're not... you're not one of them?"
"One of...whom?" Gretta asked in true curiosity. If she had to guess, this wolf was mistaking them for the ones who had taken his eye. But she remained silent to let him answer.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
"One of...whom?" Gretta asked in true curiosity. If she had to guess, this wolf was mistaking them for the ones who had taken his eye. But she remained silent to let him answer.
The wolf spoke up, his brows now matching Gretta's in confusion. His reply came matter-of-factly, as if everyone should know already. "...The dead ones."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
The wolf spoke up, his brows now matching Gretta's in confusion. His reply came matter-of-factly, as if everyone should know already. "...The dead ones."
Gretta nodded slowly. "Creatures of violet flame. Most call them shades, though 'dead ones' is not far off. They were the ones who harmed you?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Gretta nodded slowly. "Creatures of violet flame. Most call them shades, though 'dead ones' is not far off. They were the ones who harmed you?"
Drellan nodded even slower, his voice soft and his gaze turning away. "... Yes... "

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Drellan nodded even slower, his voice soft and his gaze turning away. "... Yes... "
Gretta tilted her muzzle toward the ground. It softly moved before committing to the words she shared.

"They also... I had family and they..."

She clamped her jaws shut. Her head twitched to the side, her eyes shut tightly as well. Then a moment later, she let out a long breath. She opened her eyes to stare coldly at the wall.

"They must truly be 'dead ones' for everything they have done."

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Gretta tilted her muzzle toward the ground. It softly moved before committing to the words she shared.

She clamped her jaws shut. Her head twitched to the side, her eyes shut tightly as well. Then a moment later, she let out a long breath. She opened her eyes to stare coldly at the wall.

Drellan swallowed the dryness in his throat, "... I'm sorry..." 

The wolf breathed deeply in relief, taking in the surroundings with less apprehension than before and eventually eyed the rabbit again. He took a small step forward and glanced up at Gretta as if asking for permission again.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Drellan swallowed the dryness in his throat, "... I'm sorry..." 

The wolf breathed deeply in relief, taking in the surroundings with less apprehension than before and eventually eyed the rabbit again. He took a small step forward and glanced up at Gretta as if asking for permission again.
Gretta shook her head with a silent sigh. "It's in the past now," she muttered.

Seeing the movement in the corner of her eye, she glanced over to Drellan. It took a moment, but after realizing his intentions, she gave him a soft smile and nodded.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence moved to the other side of the small den as the other two conversed, curling up and laying against the earthen wall, head resting on his paws. "I do not know much of the evils of this land... but we fear the Shades as you do, and wish to fight them."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum