The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands)

+2
Ruki
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Just as Agathar finished speaking, Abanak soared into the room. He bowed after he landed.
"My teams have been informed of three hawks who have reason to be suspected of treason. Some have already left to search for information on the whereabouts of those three," he reported.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Just as Agathar finished speaking, Abanak soared into the room. He bowed after he landed.
"My teams have been informed of three hawks who have reason to be suspected of treason. Some have already left to search for information on the whereabouts of those three," he reported.
Agathar gave only a rumble of approval as Abanak spoke, while Zarrock simply nodded. As instructed, the Harris Hawk stepped back several feet, having been the only one in the room to hear about how deadly the Kahiir was. After a moment of thought and a glance at the other Shades, he stepped back even more.

"Now we are ready... earlier we spoke of several problems to solve, here will be the answer to some of them. This creature is a hunter, and does not stop. I'll call him Spindle, after a pet of my father's... but you will know his a Kahiir. A rare find from my land. They grow double their size in days, and they emit a poison so potent it can cause even Dragons to hallucinate. We will loose it on the Hawks, and then on whatever comes from the Rifts. At the same time, Zarrock has prepared a solution to drawing Rinka out... A very special, small team of Shades will be sent to her city at nightfall. That is all you need to know."

As Agathar spoke, he ran his tail over the egg several times, investigating for cracks. Satisfied, he brought both of his front wings to the table, using the small claws at their joint to steady the egg while he lowered his muzzle down to it. He closed his eyes and opened his jaws, and for a moment nothing happened. The Dragon breathed in deeply, and a small flicker of black fire appeared at the back of his tongue. 

Dragon magic. Zarrock noted as he watched, having seen it only twice before.

The black fire rose from his jaws and began to swirl around the egg, gaining speed until it seemed a solid orb of black fire. Agathar moved his wings out of the way and let go of the egg, letting them swirling fire do it's work.

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:(*cheering* it's like the beginning of a TV show, all these different scenes all around the world! Wacko )

Kale looked again at the tracking disk, pausing to hover with his wings in midair. It continued to blink and buzz as if he were right on top of a Rift, yet all he saw below him was snow. With a frown and the shake of his head, he dove downwards again in search. The wind howled in his ears on the way back down the mountainside. It had taken all of his courage to come back to another mountain after the last time.

He was somewhere North, but that's about all he was sure on. The Falcon had made his way up the Pridelands and into the snowy Northern Mountains region, following a valley that used to hold the Snow Wolves' territory up into the mountainous forest above it. When the tracking disk had initially went off, it took Kale almost a full day to understand it there were so many different Rifts all appearing at the same time that he did what all intelligent minds did when there was no logical answer: he guessed. This Rift was somewhere just North of Drellan's old camp and birthplace. If he and Najmah were ever going to appear, this would make the most logical place. So he set off, arriving at the site only to discover a thick blanket of snowfall obscuring the mountainside. On his way out of the Pridelands, some of the other Rifts had started to appear on the tracking disk. He made note of two in particular; One on the Island of Storms that particularly moved him, and the one near the wolves' current camp. If Drellan wasn't here, that would be his next choice.

The Disk buzzed and flashed as if he had arrived, but he could not see anyone or any sort of area that might reveal a Rift. To add to it, whether it was new fear of large mountains or something else, the whole area was thick with dread.

The Falcon felt it in the air as he landed on the snow-covered branches of a nearby fir tree. Perhaps the wolf isn't on the surface? Maybe there is a cave nearby?
XD It's awesome, isn't it? Wacko

"Crap it's cold!" the male falcon gasped, backing back into the cave as a gust of wind blew flakes of snow into his face. He continued backing up until his back hit a wall. He wings were wrapped tightly around his form, but even that, along with his feathers completely bristled, didn't feel like enough to warm the bird.
"Why's it so cold?" he shivered, "I don't remember there being snow! I... I don't remember..."
He paused in his shivering, now very confused.
"...Where am I? ...How did I even get here?"

The adult Peregrine felt as if he had woken up from a long nap, but without the the post-sleepy feeling. Grogginess was the word!
He felt disoriented, as if he lost all sense of time. He also had trouble remembering anything right before he woke up, which was what usually happened whenever he napped. So he'd remember everything in just a moment, right?

"I remember my name, so it's not like I have amnesia," Finnican churred to himself, "And before now..."
He stood there for a full minute, thinking hard in an effort to regain the memories that alluded him. And just like that, he remembered.
"...That's right. I...I committed treason against his majesty, didn't I?" Finnican whispered with slumping shoulders. As he said those words, his gaze grew distant and his voice took on a somber tone. "There's...no way I can go back, is there? The entire Roost will know by now. There's no way they wouldn't, right?"
Finnican slid to the cold, hard ground. With a long sigh that turned his breath into plumes of faint steam in the cold air, he lifted his ching and rested the back of his head against the wall. The corners of his beak pulled back in a soft smile as he gazed at the raggedy ceiling in sorrow.
"Sorry little sis," he chuckled with a heavy heart, "I left you behind again, didn't I? Some older brother I am, huh?"

It was for the best anyway, As long as she wasn't with him, then the Roost would accept and love her in his place. He probably would never see her again, but... He'd made his choice. And so he was reaping the consequences.

The smile not leaving his face, Finnican closed his eyes and pictured his younger sister. He...couldn't recall what she looked like. He knew she was growing into a beautiful young she-falcon, but her face was a blue. It hadn't been that long since he'd last seen her.

"Ya," he muttered with a bitter smile, "Some older brother indeed."
His poor little sister. She hadn't done anything to deserve having a sorry exuse of a brother like him. He would miss her, but she was better off. He wished he could have stayed with her a little longer.
I'm sorry I never got to tell you before everything, but I love you... ...

Her name would not come to him. It took a moment to realize he did not know it. His snapped wide open and he jolted straight up. Finnican could not remember his sister's name. Forgetting his sister's looks was one thing, but forgetting her name? How was that even possible?!

It was then that Finnican began looking over his past. He remembered the hollow he grew up in. It wasn't a clear picture, but he did remember growing up in it. ...With...hawks?
He remembered...fighting, hunting, racing. He remembered doing those things. ...Why did he do that again?
There was something a few years ago... Something horrible happened. It had caused so much heartache and grief. What was it that happened?
As he rattled his brain for his memories, and uncomfortable feeling settled in his chest and only grew stronger the more time he spent thinking back on his life. A life that he could only recollect through bits and pieces.

"...Maybe I have amnesia afterall..." Finnican shakily whispered to himself.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Just as Agathar finished speaking, Abanak soared into the room. He bowed after he landed.
Agathar gave only a rumble of approval as Abanak spoke, while Zarrock simply nodded. As instructed, the Harris Hawk stepped back several feet, having been the only one in the room to hear about how deadly the Kahiir was. After a moment of thought and a glance at the other Shades, he stepped back even more.

"Now we are ready... earlier we spoke of several problems to solve, here will be the answer to some of them. This creature is a hunter, and does not stop. I'll call him Spindle, after a pet of my father's... but you will know his a Kahiir. A rare find from my land. They grow double their size in days, and they emit a poison so potent it can cause even Dragons to hallucinate. We will loose it on the Hawks, and then on whatever comes from the Rifts. At the same time, Zarrock has prepared a solution to drawing Rinka out... A very special, small team of Shades will be sent to her city at nightfall. That is all you need to know."

As Agathar spoke, he ran his tail over the egg several times, investigating for cracks. Satisfied, he brought both of his front wings to the table, using the small claws at their joint to steady the egg while he lowered his muzzle down to it. He closed his eyes and opened his jaws, and for a moment nothing happened. The Dragon breathed in deeply, and a small flicker of black fire appeared at the back of his tongue. 

Dragon magic. Zarrock noted as he watched, having seen it only twice before.

The black fire rose from his jaws and began to swirl around the egg, gaining speed until it seemed a solid orb of black fire. Agathar moved his wings out of the way and let go of the egg, letting them swirling fire do it's work.
Abanak watched the Kahiir egg in curiosity. This rare creature that would soon hatch interested him, but at the same time he was wary of it, now knowing what it was capable of.
He stood where he was, leaning forward slightly to get a better view. He noticed Zarrock taking several steps back, which intrigued him, but he felt no need to move. He felt he was at a good enough distance, though he did want to get closer to observe the Kahiir once it hatched. But now did not seem the right time, as approaching the egg would mean approaching Agathar, who was busy...doing whatever he was doing to the egg...
The eagle glanced to Zarrock, briefly wondering about the small, "special" team of Shades that would be sent to Rinka's City, before turning his attention back to the king and the Kahiir egg.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

After several more seconds, the black fire flashed and grew slightly in size, the orb now slightly larger than the table. Agathar leaned hi head back and shut his jaws, wrapping his tail around his legs calmly and sitting back as the fire slowed. With another flash, something inside the veil of black fire began to stir, letting out various clicks and other strange noises. It sounded as if something wet had started sliding across the black stone table through the flames, and as the flames finally fell away to dissolve, the Kahirr was born.

It's body was nearly the same size as the egg. It's eight, fur and slime covered legs began to wriggle about. It's set of mandibles began to click and skitter, some kind of liquid spraying out with each movement. It's six green eyes began to flicker about the room. It's long, sticky, tail uncurled from it's hard, shiny back. Somewhere between a beetle, a spider, and a scorpion was the Kahiir.

Agathar's eyes glowed with satisfaction as he beheld the dark green and black creature with admiration. 

"Spindle..."  

Agathar slid the bundle of nest over to the creature slowly, unfurling the leaves to reveal the scent. 

As soon as the leaves were off, Spindle's jowls started clicking, a high-pitched screech building in it's throat. It breathed in the scent through it's clicking face, and opened it's mandibles to emit a scream so high-pitched and otherworldly, even Zarrock shut his eyes.

Spindle looked up at the Dragon and the Shades around him, slime dripping eagerly from it's pointy mouth-talons. Agathar rumbled the order deeply, a bit of excitement in his growing smile.

"... Kill! " 

Without another second, Spindle released another scream, spraying his slimy saliva about the room as his wriggling legs began to skitter forward. Over the table, across the floor, up the side of the wall, and over to the edge of the landing platform entrance. Down the Spire it creeped, trails of slime in it's wake. Hungry.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Uuuuugh!.... *cringes*

Rinka: O_O

Nykoru: O.e ...Well we're screwed...

Abanak watched, not taking his eyes from the flames as the Kahiir hatched. At the appearance of the oversized, slimy insect, the eagle grimaced. It was only when it screeched, forcing him to fight the urge to cover his ears, that he began to realize how terrible this creature was. He watched it leave with slightly widened eyes.

"...So this will take care of the three?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

A crack of lightning flashed through the sky as Syrune landed on the slick branches, rain streaming through the canopy. Thunder rumbled a moment later, and the she-hawk tried not to let it ruffle her feathers as she stepped forward, one wing held close to her side and the other out for balance. She moved...

Syrune closed her eyes as she stepped up to the moss-strung door, her breathing picking up as she began to panic. Talons shaking, she reached out and parted the moss, slowly stepping into the dimly lit hollow. She made eye-contact with the bird inside and flinched instinctively, not expecting anyone to be...

She took a step back, tears streaming from her face mixed with the rain on her feathers as she backed out of the hollow. As soon as she was out, amidst the storm she released a long and painful wail to the clouds. What have I done?! WHAT HAVE I DONE?! She screamed internally to herself, the sobs shaking her whole body as she...

Syrune's eyes snapped open, her beak thrown open into a silent gasp for air as she awoke. She froze in horror as she quickly swiveled her head about the cramped hollow, desperately hoping Ambyra and Nykoru had not heard her wake so violently. She paused as she watched them, assured they were still sleeping, and and began to sit up. The haunting seconds of her dream still lingering, as they always did.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Nykoru flinched, his heart jumping and his eyes flying open at the sharp gasp. The organ in his chest pounded as he lay beside Syrune and his sister, now wide awake. The young Falhawk normally slept soundly, and apparently could sleep through thunder storms, but he'd noticed over the past years that he would wake up when he needed to. For example, on several occasions he would suddenly wake up without any obvious reason, and then only moments later his sister would be at his side to get him up.

Then again, maybe those instances he could recall were simply coincidences? Maybe 9 times out of 10 he was sound asleep when someone came to get him and then just let him be? He wouldn't know, he would've been asleep at the time.

But now Nykoru was awake and he did not move a muscle. He quickly steadied his breathing and listened to the sounds of his aunt shifting beside him. Then, as she moved to sit up, his eyes shifted to watch her, but he still remained silent. He briefly considered closing his eyes, feeling somewhat paranoid that Syrune would be able to see them open despite the darkness of the hollow. Then he decided that there was no point. If she could see them open, she would have noticed by now, or would notice right before he closed his eyes.

After considering his options, which were a) Pretend to sleep and hope to actually fall back to sleep in the process, b) Stay awake but mind his own business, c) Let Syrune know you're awake, Nykoru chose what felt like the option that wouldn't be a waste of his time. He waited a moment before stretching out his wing and gently placing it against her's.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik looked down at the clearing in front of him, his silver-clad talons clicking thoughtfully against the large tree branch he was perched on. The foothills of a small mountain range lay scattered around him, this particular glade he had chosen for its position; it was nestled back between two tall ridges, and surrounded mostly by tall conifers, which made it an excellent hideout currently.

His gaze wandered from the skies and the surrounding trees back down to the clearing again, where a group of animals was gathered. He addressed one of them with a tilt of his head, his gaze locking for a moment with the other male peregrine falcon, then wandering around as if thinking about what he was saying.

"Vex. I want you to take a few others and go out hunting. We are not lacking in prey, but that does not mean we need to slack off. Also, if we wish to find others, the area needs thorough exploring, especially along the streams. We are still few in number, but I believe that there are others nearby who would rally to our cause. Talk to those you meet, and sway them to us." As Manik spoke, his talons continued to click, the sharp silver battle-claws leaving small marks on the tree branch. He forced himself to stop as he finished speaking, mentally reminding himself that nervous habits such as that were no good in a leader.

---

Vex nodded slowly as Manik spoke, taking careful attention to details and formulating a route and plan in his mind already, as well as who he was going to bring along. The Peregrine Falcon was young, probably a good but younger than Manik, but he had proven himself capable through strategic planning and combat both. When something needed done, Vex volunteered, and usually did it well. And when Manik needed someone, he looked for Vex first usually. He liked it somewhat, being almost esteemed among the group, but also it bothered him slightly. Special attention could cause strife among the group, and if they became divided, there was no way they could defeat a Phoenix. Vex kept this to himself though, he was not a leader, only a good bird at what he did.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Ninx flew in with a sort of silent grace, feathers hardly making a sound as she landed beside the falcon, her own talons clinking softly as she reached the bark, silver shining in the sunlight. Over the past couple of years she had gained her quiet movements as they traveled, slowly becoming what she had to become if they were to ever see their dreams become reality.

"Have you heard from the group of hawks yet? After what they told me, I thought they seemed like they agreed with our cause. I expected them to have arrived already," she said with a frown, settling herself beside the smaller bird. Just the other day she had met with a small family of Red-Shouldered Hawks who seemed very adamant on the terror and destruction the Phoenix had caused and were capable of, and yet she hadn't heard from them since. She turned her head slightly to watch Vex fly off, casting her gaze back to Manik as she spoke, "Where's Vex off to? Hopefully he'll run into those hawks, if he's out exploring."

(I'll think of my new birds name soon enough I hope xD)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik shook his head, looking over as his mate landed with silent grace. She did that more often now it seemed, it took his breath away almost. "I haven't heard from them, no. If I know Vex though, he's already put them on his list of stops. I sent him hunting but also recruiting, he knows the drill." Manik spoke confidently, but his thoughts were elsewhere than the Hawks.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Ninx nodded slightly as she watched the younger falcon before bringing her gaze back to her mates face, noticing that he wasn't quite focused on the conservation. "Something on your mind?" she prodded, nudging him gently with a wing in order to draw his attention back.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik sighed and smiled slightly. "You always know, don't you?" He chuckled, but his face became serious again. "I was just thinking about Sonya. Wondering how she's been doing, she must be fully healed by now. It's unfortunate we never got to meet her friend though. A healer would be a valuable ally..." he trailed off.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Ninx only responded with a smile as she listened to him, waiting until he was finished before speaking. "We could always go see her, you know. We have several recruits capable of looking after the animals here for us to take a bit of time off to make sure she's alright, and meet this healer. Maybe they'll even come with us. I doubt Sonya would like to fight, I don't recall her ever liking to, but she's always supported us just like we have her. I'd be nice to have the three of us back together again, at least for a little while," she reasoned, adding "Vex would probably be glad to take over for a while, no? If not, there are plenty of other trying to help in whatever way they can, I'm sure someone is dying for a chance at such an opportunity to take charge."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

"It's a good thought," Manik agreed slowly, "But there are more important things right now I suppose. It's good to remember old friends and old times, but I'm realizing that it can't get in the way of the present, and the new tasks we have ahead of us." Manik said, almost talking to convince himself. He continued, lowering his voice slightly, "Vex is good at what he does for us, yes, but I don't think he's a leading type. Besides, our faces are what the others look up to. they put hope in us, and if we're not dedicated to moving forwards and upwards, they may lose that hope."

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

"I guess you're right," she agreed with a small frown. "It would be nice to see her, but...what kind of message would that send if we leave for something that has nothing to do with our task, while they must remain and continue our work?" she wondered aloud, ending with a small sigh. It truly would have been nice to see Sonya. It had been so long, and they never even got to make sure she was alright. 

(about my last post before I need to go)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik nodded. "Exactly." He was silent for a moment, then spoke again. "What of our silver supply? Did you find a smith or someone who knows of one while you were out?"

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Ninx nodded. "Yes, one of the hawks from the other day had told me they knew of a metal worker, though they said she could be rather...impolite, at best. I'll pay her a visit, but I'm not sure where she stands on our issue with the Phoenix. I'm sure she can't be that hard to win over either way. As for silver, I sent off a few of the recruits to go searching for any they might find- there seemed to be bits and pieces of it near a small river not too far off."

(i am suddenly very tempted to have my merlin charrie be a very tiny hotheaded little metalworker)
(also going to sleep now so goodnight, hopefully i manage to hop on again tmo!)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

"Good, good," Manik said, nodding. "I'm sure you will be able to deal well with her," He said, "And good call on the silver hunt, we will need to gather as much as possible, to arm everyone well."

[xD That would be awesome! You should totally do that cx]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:(*cheering* it's like the beginning of a TV show, all these different scenes all around the world! Wacko )

Kale looked again at the tracking disk, pausing to hover with his wings in midair. It continued to blink and buzz as if he were right on top of a Rift, yet all he saw below him was snow. With a frown and the shake of his head, he dove downwards again in search. The wind howled in his ears on the way back down the mountainside. It had taken all of his courage to come back to another mountain after the last time.

He was somewhere North, but that's about all he was sure on. The Falcon had made his way up the Pridelands and into the snowy Northern Mountains region, following a valley that used to hold the Snow Wolves' territory up into the mountainous forest above it. When the tracking disk had initially went off, it took Kale almost a full day to understand it there were so many different Rifts all appearing at the same time that he did what all intelligent minds did when there was no logical answer: he guessed. This Rift was somewhere just North of Drellan's old camp and birthplace. If he and Najmah were ever going to appear, this would make the most logical place. So he set off, arriving at the site only to discover a thick blanket of snowfall obscuring the mountainside. On his way out of the Pridelands, some of the other Rifts had started to appear on the tracking disk. He made note of two in particular; One on the Island of Storms that particularly moved him, and the one near the wolves' current camp. If Drellan wasn't here, that would be his next choice.

The Disk buzzed and flashed as if he had arrived, but he could not see anyone or any sort of area that might reveal a Rift. To add to it, whether it was new fear of large mountains or something else, the whole area was thick with dread.

The Falcon felt it in the air as he landed on the snow-covered branches of a nearby fir tree. Perhaps the wolf isn't on the surface? Maybe there is a cave nearby?
XD It's awesome, isn't it? Wacko

"Crap it's cold!" the male falcon gasped, backing back into the cave as a gust of wind blew flakes of snow into his face. He continued backing up until his back hit a wall. He wings were wrapped tightly around his form, but even that, along with his feathers completely bristled, didn't feel like enough to warm the bird.
"Why's it so cold?" he shivered, "I don't remember there being snow! I... I don't remember..."
He paused in his shivering, now very confused.
"...Where am I? ...How did I even get here?"

The adult Peregrine felt as if he had woken up from a long nap, but without the the post-sleepy feeling. Grogginess was the word!
He felt disoriented, as if he lost all sense of time. He also had trouble remembering anything right before he woke up, which was what usually happened whenever he napped. So he'd remember everything in just a moment, right?

"I remember my name, so it's not like I have amnesia," Finnican churred to himself, "And before now..."
He stood there for a full minute, thinking hard in an effort to regain the memories that alluded him. And just like that, he remembered.
"...That's right. I...I committed treason against his majesty, didn't I?" Finnican whispered with slumping shoulders. As he said those words, his gaze grew distant and his voice took on a somber tone. "There's...no way I can go back, is there? The entire Roost will know by now. There's no way they wouldn't, right?"
Finnican slid to the cold, hard ground. With a long sigh that turned his breath into plumes of faint steam in the cold air, he lifted his ching and rested the back of his head against the wall. The corners of his beak pulled back in a soft smile as he gazed at the raggedy ceiling in sorrow.
"Sorry little sis," he chuckled with a heavy heart, "I left you behind again, didn't I? Some older brother I am, huh?"

It was for the best anyway, As long as she wasn't with him, then the Roost would accept and love her in his place. He probably would never see her again, but... He'd made his choice. And so he was reaping the consequences.

The smile not leaving his face, Finnican closed his eyes and pictured his younger sister. He...couldn't recall what she looked like. He knew she was growing into a beautiful young she-falcon, but her face was a blue. It hadn't been that long since he'd last seen her.

"Ya," he muttered with a bitter smile, "Some older brother indeed."
His poor little sister. She hadn't done anything to deserve having a sorry exuse of a brother like him. He would miss her, but she was better off. He wished he could have stayed with her a little longer.
I'm sorry I never got to tell you before everything, but I love you... ...

Her name would not come to him. It took a moment to realize he did not know it. His snapped wide open and he jolted straight up. Finnican could not remember his sister's name. Forgetting his sister's looks was one thing, but forgetting her name? How was that even possible?!

It was then that Finnican began looking over his past. He remembered the hollow he grew up in. It wasn't a clear picture, but he did remember growing up in it. ...With...hawks?
He remembered...fighting, hunting, racing. He remembered doing those things. ...Why did he do that again?
There was something a few years ago... Something horrible happened. It had caused so much heartache and grief. What was it that happened?
As he rattled his brain for his memories, and uncomfortable feeling settled in his chest and only grew stronger the more time he spent thinking back on his life. A life that he could only recollect through bits and pieces.

"...Maybe I have amnesia afterall..." Finnican shakily whispered to himself.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Nykoru flinched, his heart jumping and his eyes flying open at the sharp gasp. The organ in his chest pounded as he lay beside Syrune and his sister, now wide awake. The young Falhawk normally slept soundly, and apparently could sleep through thunder storms, but he'd noticed over the past years that he would wake up when he needed to. For example, on several occasions he would suddenly wake up without any obvious reason, and then only moments later his sister would be at his side to get him up.

Then again, maybe those instances he could recall were simply coincidences? Maybe 9 times out of 10 he was sound asleep when someone came to get him and then just let him be? He wouldn't know, he would've been asleep at the time.

But now Nykoru was awake and he did not move a muscle. He quickly steadied his breathing and listened to the sounds of his aunt shifting beside him. Then, as she moved to sit up, his eyes shifted to watch her, but he still remained silent. He briefly considered closing his eyes, feeling somewhat paranoid that Syrune would be able to see them open despite the darkness of the hollow. Then he decided that there was no point. If she could see them open, she would have noticed by now, or would notice right before he closed his eyes.

After considering his options, which were a) Pretend to sleep and hope to actually fall back to sleep in the process, b) Stay awake but mind his own business, c) Let Syrune know you're awake, Nykoru chose what felt like the option that wouldn't be a waste of his time. He waited a moment before stretching out his wing and gently placing it against her's.
Syrune froze at the touch, having hoped the young bird was still sleeping. She waited an extra moment before moving, savoring the friendly touch. She pulled away, self-loathing keeping her from enjoying the kindness for very long. The hawk quietly cleared her throat and began shuffling her feathers as she stretch awake. 
"Good morning." She whispered, a small smile across her beak.

Ambyra however remained quietly sleeping throughout the exchange. She often had a habit of sleeping far too much than she needed.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

If it is a cave, I should try flying lower to the ground, but that means getting snow-clogged at the wings.

Kale frowned, deciding the extra half hour it would take to preen the snow from his feathers was worth the sacrifice in order to assemble a team to save the entire world. A world he still cared little for. Despite the small decision-making, the falcon descended from the treeline down the mountain, searching with eyes and ears for any sign of a large enough cave for a wolf.

Last edited by Jaystep on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Nykoru flinched, his heart jumping and his eyes flying open at the sharp gasp. The organ in his chest pounded as he lay beside Syrune and his sister, now wide awake. The young Falhawk normally slept soundly, and apparently could sleep through thunder storms, but he'd noticed over the past years that he would wake up when he needed to. For example, on several occasions he would suddenly wake up without any obvious reason, and then only moments later his sister would be at his side to get him up.

Syrune froze at the touch, having hoped the young bird was still sleeping. She waited an extra moment before moving, savoring the friendly touch. She pulled away, self-loathing keeping her from enjoying the kindness for very long. The hawk quietly cleared her throat and began shuffling her feathers as she stretch awake. 

Ambyra however remained quietly sleeping throughout the exchange. She often had a habit of sleeping far too much than she needed.
"Well...There've been worse, so... Ya. Good morning," Nykoru replied with a wry smile of his own. He pulled his wing back as Syrune moved. The smile disappeared and, after a moment, shifted so that he lay on his chest rather than his side.
"...Are you okay?" he asked quietly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye, but keeping his face tilted away so that she would not have his face directly in her's.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"Well...There've been worse, so... Ya. Good morning," Nykoru replied with a wry smile of his own. He pulled his wing back as Syrune moved. The smile disappeared and, after a moment, shifted so that he lay on his chest rather than his side.
"...Are you okay?" he asked quietly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye, but keeping his face tilted away so that she would not have his face directly in her's.
"Hmm? .... Yeah." Syrune answered, almost automatically. Her eyes were pointed towards the light outside, but her gaze was somewhere much farther than that. She blinked back into reality after a pause, and turned just enough to check on Ambyra, who was still heavily sleeping. 

Syrune wriggled her talons one by one, stretching each foot out and stretching to her full height. "It's your turn." she tried to joke, nodding towards the other falhawk.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:If it is a cave, I should try flying lower to the ground, but that means getting snow-clogged at the wings.

Kale frowned, deciding the extra half hour it would take to preen the snow from his feathers was worth the sacrifice in order to assemble a team to save the entire world. A world he still cared little for. Despite the small decision-making, the falcon descended from the treeline down the mountain, searching with eyes and ears for any sign of a large enough cave for a wolf.
"..."

Finnican let out a long sigh, another cloud of frost leaving his beak. No amount of wracking his brain would give him what he wanted: solid memories. Even just one clear memory of something from his past would be enough. What did he have to do to get it? What a little bit? Find someone who knew him to explain everything to him? Where could he even find such a bird? Where even was he?

The male Peregrine lifted his head. He was in a cave, that much he'd realized. It was a dirty, cold cave that was dark, but he could see the exit due to the light from the outside pouring in. He was standing in the dark shadows of the cave, but it wasn't like there was anything to see where he was standing-

...The stone was glowing. No, that wasn't right. There were large marks, scouring the ground around him, the walls behind him, even the ceiling above him. It was these specific gouges that radiated a sickly violet.
Finnican clenched his feet, the sandy texture of the floor sifting through his talons. At that moment he realized that the crushing, prickling weight he had felt in his chest wasn't because of the cold. It was a feeling, one that he suddenly recognized as dread. A dread so intense that he suddenly had difficulty breathing. The image of being held underwater came to mind. Was that a memory, or was it his mind giving him a visual to what he felt inside?

Finnican's feet moved before he even realized he needed to leave. As he hurried for the exit, the falcon found himself stumbling across pieces of rock, kicking up the loose dirt as he repeatedly tripped. Finally, just as he was entering the light from the exit, he stepped right on top of a spherical object, one of his talons slipping through a hole of some sort. This sphere, now stuck on his foot, was the reason why Finnican fell over face first. He lay there for a moment, not even bothering to groan at the throbbing in his beak. Finally, after sitting up and shaking it off, the falcon brought his talon up to see what had caught on it.

Staring right back at him from where it sat on his talon was the skull of another bird.

Finnican's scream not only bounced against the walls of the cave, but it also bellowed out from the cave entrance, loud enough to alert anyone nearby of his presence. Seconds later, the falcon himself shot out of the cave and tumbling in the snow outside.

The skull was still skidding across the cave floor after having been thrown.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"Hmm? .... Yeah." Syrune answered, almost automatically. Her eyes were pointed towards the light outside, but her gaze was somewhere much farther than that. She blinked back into reality after a pause, and turned just enough to check on Ambyra, who was still heavily sleeping. 

Syrune wriggled her talons one by one, stretching each foot out and stretching to her full height. "It's your turn." she tried to joke, nodding towards the other falhawk.
Nykoru turned his head slightly to watch Syrune. He said nothing in reply.

The young falhawk turned to Ambyra at her aunt's direction and smiled, letting out a slow chuckle.
"You know I'm no good at this," he sighed good-naturedly, but even so, he got up and stepped towards his sister. He took a moment to stretch and yawn, shaking stares from his eyes, before leaning over Ambyra. He paused before stepping over her and leaning down even more so that he was right in her face.

"Ambyra...Wakey wakey before the tickle monster strikes again," Nykoru murmured with the most serious look on his face, staring intently down at his sister.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:If it is a cave, I should try flying lower to the ground, but that means getting snow-clogged at the wings.

"..."

Finnican let out a long sigh, another cloud of frost leaving his beak. No amount of wracking his brain would give him what he wanted: solid memories. Even just one clear memory of something from his past would be enough. What did he have to do to get it? What a little bit? Find someone who knew him to explain everything to him? Where could he even find such a bird? Where even was he?

The male Peregrine lifted his head. He was in a cave, that much he'd realized. It was a dirty, cold cave that was dark, but he could see the exit due to the light from the outside pouring in. He was standing in the dark shadows of the cave, but it wasn't like there was anything to see where he was standing-

...The stone was glowing. No, that wasn't right. There were large marks, scouring the ground around him, the walls behind him, even the ceiling above him. It was these specific gouges that radiated a sickly violet.
Finnican clenched his feet, the sandy texture of the floor sifting through his talons. At that moment he realized that the crushing, prickling weight he had felt in his chest wasn't because of the cold. It was a feeling, one that he suddenly recognized as dread. A dread so intense that he suddenly had difficulty breathing. The image of being held underwater came to mind. Was that a memory, or was it his mind giving him a visual to what he felt inside?

Finnican's feet moved before he even realized he needed to leave. As he hurried for the exit, the falcon found himself stumbling across pieces of rock, kicking up the loose dirt as he repeatedly tripped. Finally, just as he was entering the light from the exit, he stepped right on top of a spherical object, one of his talons slipping through a hole of some sort. This sphere, now stuck on his foot, was the reason why Finnican fell over face first. He lay there for a moment, not even bothering to groan at the throbbing in his beak. Finally, after sitting up and shaking it off, the falcon brought his talon up to see what had caught on it.

Staring right back at him from where it sat on his talon was the skull of another bird.

Finnican's scream not only bounced against the walls of the cave, but it also bellowed out from the cave entrance, loud enough to alert anyone nearby of his presence. Seconds later, the falcon himself shot out of the cave and tumbling in the snow outside.

(Last RP post for the night, I gotta get to bed soon)

Kale had been gliding through the falling snow about two hundred feet away when he heard the scream. At first, his feathers poofed out in surprise, his eyes shooting open wide in shock. It was only when he recognized the sound that the panic set in. 

Oh no! What am I gonna do?! There's a little girl-hatchling in trouble somewhere down there!

The falcon took a deep breath, put on his bravest face, and banked right over the edge of a nearby cliff to see if he could save the chick. He flew over the cliffside and scanned the ground below, spotting a wide cave entrance poking through the mountainside. He barreled downwards towards a shape struggling in the snow...and he finally saw it.

It was too late to freeze. Too late to turn around and pretend he heard nothing. Too late to run away. Why? Why in all of creation did it have to be Finnican in the snow?! Kale had absolutely no idea what to do. None of this made sense. He skimmed over the line of fresh snow to come to a landing a few feet away from the bird. The bird who ruined his life. He tried his best to stop the wave of memories and emotion from rushing back into his head.

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kale cleared his throat and did his best to fake a smile. "... Well hi! You are... not who was supposed to be here..."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"..."

Kale had been gliding through the falling snow about two hundred feet away when he heard the scream. At first, his feathers poofed out in surprise, his eyes shooting open wide in shock. It was only when he recognized the sound that the panic set in. 

Oh no! What am I gonna do?! There's a little girl-hatchling in trouble somewhere down there!

The falcon took a deep breath, put on his bravest face, and banked right over the edge of a nearby cliff to see if he could save the chick. He flew over the cliffside and scanned the ground below, spotting a wide cave entrance poking through the mountainside. He barreled downwards towards a shape struggling in the snow...and he finally saw it.

It was too late to freeze. Too late to turn around and pretend he heard nothing. Too late to run away. Why? Why in all of creation did it have to be Finnican in the snow?! Kale had absolutely no idea what to do. None of this made sense. He skimmed over the line of fresh snow to come to a landing a few feet away from the bird. The bird who ruined his life. He tried his best to stop the wave of memories and emotion from rushing back into his head.

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kale cleared his throat and did his best to fake a smile. "... Well hi! You are... not who was supposed to be here..."
Kk!)

...Pfft! Little girl-hatchling! XD)

After thrashing in the snow, causing himself to get buried in the white powder multiple times, Finnican finally poked his head up with a loud gasp, clumps of white falling from his feathers. He then struggled with his wings, thrusting one out of the snow while clumsily tugging at the other. He was so busy trying to free himself that he did not notice the newcomer even as he landed.

"Well hi!" the newcomer said, causing Finnican to choke on a screa-shout. Manly...shout...

Finnican whipped his head to the other male falcon, his yellow eyes large and wide as he listened to the rest of what he had to say.

You are not supposed to be here, was what he understood. Immediately, Finnican's mind was thrown back to the cave he was just in, with the skull... Of course, the image of a bird's remains gave him the wrong idea about why the falcon was here of all places, confronting him with that awkward smile of his. A smile that, in Fin's moment of hyperactive imagination, looked downright menacing and hid murder.

"Look man, I wasn't in the cave with the dead bodies! I swear I saw nothin'!" Finnican spouted in his panic after letting out a horrified shriek, thrusting both wings in the air as a sign of his compliance.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Nykoru turned his head slightly to watch Syrune. He said nothing in reply.

The young falhawk turned to Ambyra at her aunt's direction and smiled, letting out a slow chuckle.
"You know I'm no good at this," he sighed good-naturedly, but even so, he got up and stepped towards his sister. He took a moment to stretch and yawn, shaking stares from his eyes, before leaning over Ambyra. He paused before stepping over her and leaning down even more so that he was right in her face.

"Ambyra...Wakey wakey before the tickle monster strikes again," Nykoru murmured with the most serious look on his face, staring intently down at his sister.
In an instant, one of Ambyra's eyes snapped open with the rage of a hundred sons. The young Phoenix stared into her brother's eyes with her one open, fire-swirling eye. "If you touch me, I will kill you.

Syrune used all of her morning strength not to burst out laughing, and started out of the hollow.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"..."

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kk!)

...Pfft! Little girl-hatchling! XD)

After thrashing in the snow, causing himself to get buried in the white powder multiple times, Finnican finally poked his head up with a loud gasp, clumps of white falling from his feathers. He then struggled with his wings, thrusting one out of the snow while clumsily tugging at the other. He was so busy trying to free himself that he did not notice the newcomer even as he landed.

"Well hi!" the newcomer said, causing Finnican to choke on a screa-shout. Manly...shout...

Finnican whipped his head to the other male falcon, his yellow eyes large and wide as he listened to the rest of what he had to say.

You are not supposed to be here, was what he understood. Immediately, Finnican's mind was thrown back to the cave he was just in, with the skull... Of course, the image of a bird's remains gave him the wrong idea about why the falcon was here of all places, confronting him with that awkward smile of his. A smile that, in Fin's moment of hyperactive imagination, looked downright menacing and hid murder.

"Look man, I wasn't in the cave with the dead bodies! I swear I saw nothin'!" Finnican spouted in his panic after letting out a horrified shriek, thrusting both wings in the air as a sign of his compliance.
"Y- what?" Kale raised a brow and tilted his head slightly, thoroughly confused by Finnican's reaction. Bodies?

"Wait, wh- there are bodies in that cave?! Finnican, what are you talking about?" Kale's confusion was slowly molding into frustration. None of this was supposed to be happening...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum