The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands)

+2
Ruki
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Nykoru flinched, his heart jumping and his eyes flying open at the sharp gasp. The organ in his chest pounded as he lay beside Syrune and his sister, now wide awake. The young Falhawk normally slept soundly, and apparently could sleep through thunder storms, but he'd noticed over the past years that he would wake up when he needed to. For example, on several occasions he would suddenly wake up without any obvious reason, and then only moments later his sister would be at his side to get him up.

Then again, maybe those instances he could recall were simply coincidences? Maybe 9 times out of 10 he was sound asleep when someone came to get him and then just let him be? He wouldn't know, he would've been asleep at the time.

But now Nykoru was awake and he did not move a muscle. He quickly steadied his breathing and listened to the sounds of his aunt shifting beside him. Then, as she moved to sit up, his eyes shifted to watch her, but he still remained silent. He briefly considered closing his eyes, feeling somewhat paranoid that Syrune would be able to see them open despite the darkness of the hollow. Then he decided that there was no point. If she could see them open, she would have noticed by now, or would notice right before he closed his eyes.

After considering his options, which were a) Pretend to sleep and hope to actually fall back to sleep in the process, b) Stay awake but mind his own business, c) Let Syrune know you're awake, Nykoru chose what felt like the option that wouldn't be a waste of his time. He waited a moment before stretching out his wing and gently placing it against her's.
Syrune froze at the touch, having hoped the young bird was still sleeping. She waited an extra moment before moving, savoring the friendly touch. She pulled away, self-loathing keeping her from enjoying the kindness for very long. The hawk quietly cleared her throat and began shuffling her feathers as she stretch awake. 
"Good morning." She whispered, a small smile across her beak.

Ambyra however remained quietly sleeping throughout the exchange. She often had a habit of sleeping far too much than she needed.
"Well...There've been worse, so... Ya. Good morning," Nykoru replied with a wry smile of his own. He pulled his wing back as Syrune moved. The smile disappeared and, after a moment, shifted so that he lay on his chest rather than his side.
"...Are you okay?" he asked quietly, glancing at her from the corner of his eye, but keeping his face tilted away so that she would not have his face directly in her's.
"Hmm? .... Yeah." Syrune answered, almost automatically. Her eyes were pointed towards the light outside, but her gaze was somewhere much farther than that. She blinked back into reality after a pause, and turned just enough to check on Ambyra, who was still heavily sleeping. 

Syrune wriggled her talons one by one, stretching each foot out and stretching to her full height. "It's your turn." she tried to joke, nodding towards the other falhawk.
Nykoru turned his head slightly to watch Syrune. He said nothing in reply.

The young falhawk turned to Ambyra at her aunt's direction and smiled, letting out a slow chuckle.
"You know I'm no good at this," he sighed good-naturedly, but even so, he got up and stepped towards his sister. He took a moment to stretch and yawn, shaking stares from his eyes, before leaning over Ambyra. He paused before stepping over her and leaning down even more so that he was right in her face.

"Ambyra...Wakey wakey before the tickle monster strikes again," Nykoru murmured with the most serious look on his face, staring intently down at his sister.
In an instant, one of Ambyra's eyes snapped open with the rage of a hundred sons. The young Phoenix stared into her brother's eyes with her one open, fire-swirling eye. "If you touch me, I will kill you.

Syrune used all of her morning strength not to burst out laughing, and started out of the hollow.
Nykoru stood completely still, seemingly frozen in place. Nothing about his appearance changed. Then, after a moment, he lowered his head so that the flat end of his beak booped against the flat end of hers. (Like a nose touch, he's not kissing her XD)
"Touch," he monotonically stated, fully prepared to face the consequences of his action.

The truth was, he was intimidated. If not for the training over the years, his fear of "morning time" Ambyra, the only thing that truly shook him now, would have shown. But, even so, despite the intimidation, despite knowing what would happen after he did exactly what she told him not to do, it was still amusing to do exactly that. Besides, he wasn't going to let his sister get the best of him that easily.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:If it is a cave, I should try flying lower to the ground, but that means getting snow-clogged at the wings.

Kale frowned, deciding the extra half hour it would take to preen the snow from his feathers was worth the sacrifice in order to assemble a team to save the entire world. A world he still cared little for. Despite the small decision-making, the falcon descended from the treeline down the mountain, searching with eyes and ears for any sign of a large enough cave for a wolf.
"..."

Finnican let out a long sigh, another cloud of frost leaving his beak. No amount of wracking his brain would give him what he wanted: solid memories. Even just one clear memory of something from his past would be enough. What did he have to do to get it? What a little bit? Find someone who knew him to explain everything to him? Where could he even find such a bird? Where even was he?

The male Peregrine lifted his head. He was in a cave, that much he'd realized. It was a dirty, cold cave that was dark, but he could see the exit due to the light from the outside pouring in. He was standing in the dark shadows of the cave, but it wasn't like there was anything to see where he was standing-

...The stone was glowing. No, that wasn't right. There were large marks, scouring the ground around him, the walls behind him, even the ceiling above him. It was these specific gouges that radiated a sickly violet.
Finnican clenched his feet, the sandy texture of the floor sifting through his talons. At that moment he realized that the crushing, prickling weight he had felt in his chest wasn't because of the cold. It was a feeling, one that he suddenly recognized as dread. A dread so intense that he suddenly had difficulty breathing. The image of being held underwater came to mind. Was that a memory, or was it his mind giving him a visual to what he felt inside?

Finnican's feet moved before he even realized he needed to leave. As he hurried for the exit, the falcon found himself stumbling across pieces of rock, kicking up the loose dirt as he repeatedly tripped. Finally, just as he was entering the light from the exit, he stepped right on top of a spherical object, one of his talons slipping through a hole of some sort. This sphere, now stuck on his foot, was the reason why Finnican fell over face first. He lay there for a moment, not even bothering to groan at the throbbing in his beak. Finally, after sitting up and shaking it off, the falcon brought his talon up to see what had caught on it.

Staring right back at him from where it sat on his talon was the skull of another bird.

Finnican's scream not only bounced against the walls of the cave, but it also bellowed out from the cave entrance, loud enough to alert anyone nearby of his presence. Seconds later, the falcon himself shot out of the cave and tumbling in the snow outside.

The skull was still skidding across the cave floor after having been thrown.
(Last RP post for the night, I gotta get to bed soon)

Kale had been gliding through the falling snow about two hundred feet away when he heard the scream. At first, his feathers poofed out in surprise, his eyes shooting open wide in shock. It was only when he recognized the sound that the panic set in. 

Oh no! What am I gonna do?! There's a little girl-hatchling in trouble somewhere down there!

The falcon took a deep breath, put on his bravest face, and banked right over the edge of a nearby cliff to see if he could save the chick. He flew over the cliffside and scanned the ground below, spotting a wide cave entrance poking through the mountainside. He barreled downwards towards a shape struggling in the snow...and he finally saw it.

It was too late to freeze. Too late to turn around and pretend he heard nothing. Too late to run away. Why? Why in all of creation did it have to be Finnican in the snow?! Kale had absolutely no idea what to do. None of this made sense. He skimmed over the line of fresh snow to come to a landing a few feet away from the bird. The bird who ruined his life. He tried his best to stop the wave of memories and emotion from rushing back into his head.

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kale cleared his throat and did his best to fake a smile. "... Well hi! You are... not who was supposed to be here..."
Kk!)

...Pfft! Little girl-hatchling! XD)

After thrashing in the snow, causing himself to get buried in the white powder multiple times, Finnican finally poked his head up with a loud gasp, clumps of white falling from his feathers. He then struggled with his wings, thrusting one out of the snow while clumsily tugging at the other. He was so busy trying to free himself that he did not notice the newcomer even as he landed.

"Well hi!" the newcomer said, causing Finnican to choke on a screa-shout. Manly...shout...

Finnican whipped his head to the other male falcon, his yellow eyes large and wide as he listened to the rest of what he had to say.

You are not supposed to be here, was what he understood. Immediately, Finnican's mind was thrown back to the cave he was just in, with the skull... Of course, the image of a bird's remains gave him the wrong idea about why the falcon was here of all places, confronting him with that awkward smile of his. A smile that, in Fin's moment of hyperactive imagination, looked downright menacing and hid murder.

"Look man, I wasn't in the cave with the dead bodies! I swear I saw nothin'!" Finnican spouted in his panic after letting out a horrified shriek, thrusting both wings in the air as a sign of his compliance.
"Y- what?" Kale raised a brow and tilted his head slightly, thoroughly confused by Finnican's reaction. Bodies?

"Wait, wh- there are bodies in that cave?! Finnican, what are you talking about?" Kale's confusion was slowly molding into frustration. None of this was supposed to be happening...
Holy-why does he know my name?!

Finnican laughed a nervous, forced laugh.

"D-Did I say bodies? I meant to say skele-I mean I saw nothing! Nothing at all! I wasn't in the cave and I didn't discover your stash and I didn't see weird glowing purple scratches-"

Finnican rambled on and on, too panicked and scrambled in the brain to stop and speak logically. It was only after 10 heartbeats that finally, a coherent thought popped into his mind, causing him to shut his beak mid sentence.

Wait... How DOES he now my name?

Slowly, the fear ebbed from his face, a look of wonder replacing it as he looked to Kale.

"Do you...know me?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

The instant Nykoru touched her, Ambyra flung herself forward to tackle him playfully. She had just barely shoved him against the tiny hollow's wall when Syrune was already speaking up.

"Hey hey, come on!" Syrune started in a harsh whisper, looking back into the hollow from her perch on the lip of the entrance. "No noise until I make sure it's clear. We-"

Without warning, Syrune's mark on the bottom of her center talon on the right foot lit up like a brush-fire. The orange glow erupted at the same time on her mark and in her eyes, immobilizing the Phoenix. Images and emotions shot through her head like wildfire, flashes of every single moment she had spent with Finnican slammed into her head. Everything she had ever felt for him came hitting her all at once, like every moment was being relived in an instant. Across the world, Finnican had just appeared from the Rift, and the re-connection of Syrune's mark to her mate's soul rocked her whole body. The hawk's eyes flew open, the air left her lungs. All she could see in her mind's eye was her mate, alive, in the snow. She clenched her talons as the glowing intensified before stopping completely. 

"...Fin..." She breathed, her stunned gaze focused far away, the memories still washing over her.

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:If it is a cave, I should try flying lower to the ground, but that means getting snow-clogged at the wings.

Kale frowned, deciding the extra half hour it would take to preen the snow from his feathers was worth the sacrifice in order to assemble a team to save the entire world. A world he still cared little for. Despite the small decision-making, the falcon descended from the treeline down the mountain, searching with eyes and ears for any sign of a large enough cave for a wolf.
"..."

Finnican let out a long sigh, another cloud of frost leaving his beak. No amount of wracking his brain would give him what he wanted: solid memories. Even just one clear memory of something from his past would be enough. What did he have to do to get it? What a little bit? Find someone who knew him to explain everything to him? Where could he even find such a bird? Where even was he?

The male Peregrine lifted his head. He was in a cave, that much he'd realized. It was a dirty, cold cave that was dark, but he could see the exit due to the light from the outside pouring in. He was standing in the dark shadows of the cave, but it wasn't like there was anything to see where he was standing-

...The stone was glowing. No, that wasn't right. There were large marks, scouring the ground around him, the walls behind him, even the ceiling above him. It was these specific gouges that radiated a sickly violet.
Finnican clenched his feet, the sandy texture of the floor sifting through his talons. At that moment he realized that the crushing, prickling weight he had felt in his chest wasn't because of the cold. It was a feeling, one that he suddenly recognized as dread. A dread so intense that he suddenly had difficulty breathing. The image of being held underwater came to mind. Was that a memory, or was it his mind giving him a visual to what he felt inside?

Finnican's feet moved before he even realized he needed to leave. As he hurried for the exit, the falcon found himself stumbling across pieces of rock, kicking up the loose dirt as he repeatedly tripped. Finally, just as he was entering the light from the exit, he stepped right on top of a spherical object, one of his talons slipping through a hole of some sort. This sphere, now stuck on his foot, was the reason why Finnican fell over face first. He lay there for a moment, not even bothering to groan at the throbbing in his beak. Finally, after sitting up and shaking it off, the falcon brought his talon up to see what had caught on it.

Staring right back at him from where it sat on his talon was the skull of another bird.

Finnican's scream not only bounced against the walls of the cave, but it also bellowed out from the cave entrance, loud enough to alert anyone nearby of his presence. Seconds later, the falcon himself shot out of the cave and tumbling in the snow outside.

Kale had been gliding through the falling snow about two hundred feet away when he heard the scream. At first, his feathers poofed out in surprise, his eyes shooting open wide in shock. It was only when he recognized the sound that the panic set in. 

Oh no! What am I gonna do?! There's a little girl-hatchling in trouble somewhere down there!

The falcon took a deep breath, put on his bravest face, and banked right over the edge of a nearby cliff to see if he could save the chick. He flew over the cliffside and scanned the ground below, spotting a wide cave entrance poking through the mountainside. He barreled downwards towards a shape struggling in the snow...and he finally saw it.

It was too late to freeze. Too late to turn around and pretend he heard nothing. Too late to run away. Why? Why in all of creation did it have to be Finnican in the snow?! Kale had absolutely no idea what to do. None of this made sense. He skimmed over the line of fresh snow to come to a landing a few feet away from the bird. The bird who ruined his life. He tried his best to stop the wave of memories and emotion from rushing back into his head.

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kale cleared his throat and did his best to fake a smile. "... Well hi! You are... not who was supposed to be here..."
Kk!)

After thrashing in the snow, causing himself to get buried in the white powder multiple times, Finnican finally poked his head up with a loud gasp, clumps of white falling from his feathers. He then struggled with his wings, thrusting one out of the snow while clumsily tugging at the other. He was so busy trying to free himself that he did not notice the newcomer even as he landed.

"Well hi!" the newcomer said, causing Finnican to choke on a screa-shout. Manly...shout...

Finnican whipped his head to the other male falcon, his yellow eyes large and wide as he listened to the rest of what he had to say.

You are not supposed to be here, was what he understood. Immediately, Finnican's mind was thrown back to the cave he was just in, with the skull... Of course, the image of a bird's remains gave him the wrong idea about why the falcon was here of all places, confronting him with that awkward smile of his. A smile that, in Fin's moment of hyperactive imagination, looked downright menacing and hid murder.

"Look man, I wasn't in the cave with the dead bodies! I swear I saw nothin'!" Finnican spouted in his panic after letting out a horrified shriek, thrusting both wings in the air as a sign of his compliance.
"Y- what?" Kale raised a brow and tilted his head slightly, thoroughly confused by Finnican's reaction. Bodies?

"Wait, wh- there are bodies in that cave?! Finnican, what are you talking about?" Kale's confusion was slowly molding into frustration. None of this was supposed to be happening...

"D-Did I say bodies? I meant to say skele-I mean I saw nothing! Nothing at all! I wasn't in the cave and I didn't discover your stash and I didn't see weird glowing purple scratches-"

Finnican rambled on and on, too panicked and scrambled in the brain to stop and speak logically. It was only after 10 heartbeats that finally, a coherent thought popped into his mind, causing him to shut his beak mid sentence.

Slowly, the fear ebbed from his face, a look of wonder replacing it as he looked to Kale.

"Do you...know me?"
"..."

Somewhere in the back of Kale;s head he knew memory damage was possible from the Rifts, he had studied them at length. However, given the current situation and the bird who was now questioning him, none of these rational thoughts went through the falcon's head. His first instinct was that yet again, Finnican had forgotten him entirely.

"Do I know you?! You- you don't know who I am?! KALE. The PREY GATHERER!" Kale glared at the other bird, taking a step towards him. 
"Quit pretending you don't know who I am! You did it at the prisons too! You don't remember when I broke your amulet? You don't remember training every single day?! You don't remember lying about-....." 
Kale tapered off, watching Finnican's reaction growing more and more confused. He started to wonder if maybe something had happened to the other falcon.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:The instant Nykoru touched her, Ambyra flung herself forward to tackle him playfully. She had just barely shoved him against the tiny hollow's wall when Syrune was already speaking up.

"Hey hey, come on!" Syrune started in a harsh whisper, looking back into the hollow from her perch on the lip of the entrance. "No noise until I make sure it's clear. We-"

Without warning, Syrune's mark on the bottom of her center talon on the right foot lit up like a brush-fire. The orange glow erupted at the same time on her mark and in her eyes, immobilizing the Phoenix. Images and emotions shot through her head like wildfire, flashes of every single moment she had spent with Finnican slammed into her head. Everything she had ever felt for him came hitting her all at once, like every moment was being relived in an instant. Across the world, Finnican had just appeared from the Rift, and the re-connection of Syrune's mark to her mate's soul rocked her whole body. The hawk's eyes flew open, the air left her lungs. All she could see in her mind's eye was her mate, alive, in the snow. She clenched her talons as the glowing intensified before stopping completely. 

"...Fin..." She breathed, her stunned gaze focused far away, the memories still washing over her.
The seriousness on Nykoru's face broke as he was tackled. He let out a laugh that was a little on the noisy side, wrapped his wings around Ambyra and began pushing her back across the hollow. He glanced at Syrune as she spoke to them and flashed her a grin before putting his focus back on his sister, just barely missing the light of her talon. He wanted to play just a moment longer.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:The instant Nykoru touched her, Ambyra flung herself forward to tackle him playfully. She had just barely shoved him against the tiny hollow's wall when Syrune was already speaking up.

The seriousness on Nykoru's face broke as he was tackled. He let out a laugh that was a little on the noisy side, wrapped his wings around Ambyra and began pushing her back across the hollow. He glanced at Syrune as she spoke to them and flashed her a grin before putting his focus back on his sister, just barely missing the light of her talon. He wanted to play just a moment longer.
Ambyra laughed along with her brother, pushing back against him and trying to trip him with her talons while they tussled. 

"...We need to go..." Syrune said quietly, still out of breath and now leaning against the side of the hollow for support. Finnican! Where are you?! How am I going to find you, find this Grove, and evade Agathar at the same time? I need a new plan.

Ambyra didn't hear the first part of what Syrune had said, only catching the last bit about them needing to leave. From where she struggled with Nykoru, she couldn't really see what Syrune was doing, and thus missed her strange reactions. 
"Time for you to give up!" She giggled at her sibling.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"..."

Ugh, kill me now... 

Kk!)

"Do you...know me?"
"..."

Somewhere in the back of Kale;s head he knew memory damage was possible from the Rifts, he had studied them at length. However, given the current situation and the bird who was now questioning him, none of these rational thoughts went through the falcon's head. His first instinct was that yet again, Finnican had forgotten him entirely.

"Do I know you?! You- you don't know who I am?! KALE. The PREY GATHERER!" Kale glared at the other bird, taking a step towards him. 
"Quit pretending you don't know who I am! You did it at the prisons too! You don't remember when I broke your amulet? You don't remember training every single day?! You don't remember lying about-....." 
Kale tapered off, watching Finnican's reaction growing more and more confused. He started to wonder if maybe something had happened to the other falcon.
Finnican flinched back at the outburst, almost hiding behind his wings as if they were a shield. He stared at Kale with wide eyes as he ranted, none of what was coming out of the other's beak making any sense to him.

...Well at least I know he doesn't seem to be the owner of the cave. So maybe he's not a psycho murderer?...

At least, that was his hope because Kale seemed very ticked off. Which was not a good thing considering Finnican seemed to be the reason he was ticked off... But this other falcon seemed to know him. They didn't seem to be on the best of terms, a fact that Finnican barely acknowledged through everything else that was running through his mind, but this bird knew him. It was exactly what he needed.

"I'm...sorry," Finnican started carefully, slowly lowering his wings to the ground, "I don't know... ...There's very little I..."
He was trying his best to choose his words carefully so as not to set Kale off again. But there was literally nothing he could think to say "I have no idea what you're talking about" gently. So instead, he fell silent and gave Kale a helpless look.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

Ambyra laughed along with her brother, pushing back against him and trying to trip him with her talons while they tussled. 

"...We need to go..." Syrune said quietly, still out of breath and now leaning against the side of the hollow for support. Finnican! Where are you?! How am I going to find you, find this Grove, and evade Agathar at the same time? I need a new plan.

Ambyra didn't hear the first part of what Syrune had said, only catching the last bit about them needing to leave. From where she struggled with Nykoru, she couldn't really see what Syrune was doing, and thus missed her strange reactions. 
"Never!" Nykoru playfully growled, avoiding her talons as he pushed back while starting to try stepping on her talons to trip her up. As they played, they turned so that Ambyra's back was facing Syrune, giving Nykoru a full view of his aunt. He was laughing, his gaze sweeping past the hawk outside, but he immediately looked back at her a second time, the smile dropping in an instant.

"Wait wait wait, hold on!" he hissed lowly to his sister, holding her still while not taking his gaze off of his aunt.

"...Syrune?" he questioned hesitantly.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Kale observed Fin carefully, his feathers beginning to settle as he started thinking rationally. Finnican was far too convincing to be playing a joke, he decided. Now both Falcons were almost equally as confused. 
"Finnican... what is the last thing you remember?" Kale asked quietly, his voice returning to calm.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"Never!" Nykoru playfully growled, avoiding her talons as he pushed back while starting to try stepping on her talons to trip her up. As they played, they turned so that Ambyra's back was facing Syrune, giving Nykoru a full view of his aunt. He was laughing, his gaze sweeping past the hawk outside, but he immediately looked back at her a second time, the smile dropping in an instant.

"Wait wait wait, hold on!" he hissed lowly to his sister, holding her still while not taking his gaze off of his aunt.

"What?" Ambyra asked with half a laugh, glancing at Nyko's puzzled face. After a moment of confusion, she stopped moving and followed his gaze, turning to see Syrune. The falhawk fell quiet, watching the red-tail outside with worry and bewilderment. Her beak opened to speak but Syrune had already begun to answer. 

Syrune paused at the sound of the noises and turned slowly to look upon the hatchlings, her eyes swelling with happy tears. "It's... It's Finnican... he's alive! I can- I can feel him again!" 

(Ambyra: Wait how does that work again? 

You can feel your mate's presence as a Phoenix, family too, but mostly mates.

Ambyra: So that's how she feels Fin? But that's also how she feels Tyrin... so then...

Yup!

Ambyra: .... That's a whole mess that I don't want to get into! 

Correct Lol )

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:Kale observed Fin carefully, his feathers beginning to settle as he started thinking rationally. Finnican was far too convincing to be playing a joke, he decided. Now both Falcons were almost equally as confused. 
"Finnican... what is the last thing you remember?" Kale asked quietly, his voice returning to calm.
Finnican blinked in surprise. He looked at Kale with wavering eyes for a moment before lowering his gaze to the snow beneath him.
"I... The only thing I remember clearly..." he said softly, "Is waking up in that cave, just moments ago. I know...I know before then that I fled the roost... I don't remember why...what I did..."
His eyes widened and he looked back up at Kale. "But you... You're from the Roost, right? That's why you know me! There's no other reason why you'd be here! Can you tell me what happened? Why I'm here?"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"What?" Ambyra asked with half a laugh, glancing at Nyko's puzzled face. After a moment of confusion, she stopped moving and followed his gaze, turning to see Syrune. The falhawk fell quiet, watching the red-tail outside with worry and bewilderment. Her beak opened to speak but Syrune had already begun to answer. 

Syrune paused at the sound of the noises and turned slowly to look upon the hatchlings, her eyes swelling with happy tears. "It's... It's Finnican... he's alive! I can- I can feel him again!" 

(Ambyra: Wait how does that work again? 

You can feel your mate's presence as a Phoenix, family too, but mostly mates.

Ambyra: So that's how she feels Fin? But that's also how she feels Tyrin... so then...

Yup!

Ambyra: .... That's a whole mess that I don't want to get into! 

Correct Lol )
Nykoru's stare became more disbelieving by the minute. When his beak finally fell open, it took him a moment to formulate his words.
"U-Uncle Fin?! But-! But you said-! It's been three years! How-? Why do you even-!"
The young falhawk took in a sharp breath and shut his beak, forcing himself back to a state of calm before speaking again.
"Why are you saying this all of the sudden?" he asked seriously, pulling away from Ambyra to stand closer to Syrune, "What happened?

(Rinka: Wait, hold on! Then how come I haven't been feeling Tyrin this entire time? I'm his mate, aren't I?

*raises both hands and backs away* I'm staying out of this.)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence Returns

Now is the time. The Hero from another world, coming again. Silence.

Somewhere in the far distant past, so ancient, no memory would remain, a voice whispered.
"Aurora Borealis."

Somewhere, in a very distant past, long ago and forgotten, a voice echoed.
"Aurora Borealis."

Somewhere, in a time of desperate need, in a cold and barren place far north of what is called the Northern Mountains, another echo came.
"Aurora Borealis."

And He returned.
In a cave beneath the tundra, a lone wolf exhaled the ancient words, his call, his herald.
Silence, still unconscious, breathed the words.
"Aurora Borealis."

Silence awoke, and as he looked around in wonder at the strangely shaped icy walls of the cave, he began to realize that this place was far different than he could've imagined, yet somehow...comfortingly familiar. He exhaled slowly, gathering his emotions together, his breath a wisp of frosty white on the sharp northern air. He exited the cave slowly, each step careful and purposeful at first, but as he moved out of the depths and his nose poked out into the wind, blowing bits of soft white snow against his muzzle, his steps became more natural, fluid even, and he moved away from the cave at an almost giddy trot.
He turned and looked back at the cave for a moment, and saw a ripple of reddish-gold light waving from the mouth of the cave and floating, vanishing now, into the sky. Silence turned and set a pace, the early morning sun sliding above the horizon on his left, traveling looking for something, he wasn't sure what, but if his dream, for some reason feeling fuzzy in the very distant past, were to be believed, he would soon find out what needed to be done.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

A black wolf slowly opened her eyes, trying to blink away the grogginess that clouded her head. Hoisting herself up to a sitting position, Jury took in her surroundings, hardly noticing the chill that crept up from the icy stone beneath her paws until she made sense of the whiteness that she started to realize was everywhere. With a shake of her head, her eyes focused what was outside the small cave she now found herself in, eyes narrowing in confusion before she jumped to her paws so quick it was as if someone had yelled right into her ear, the cold finally reaching her senses enough for her to jolt.

Why is it so cold?! 

Her breath was frosty as she stared out, mind racing for some explanation as to why she had woken up in an icy cave. She didn't remember seeing so much snow in a very long time- and she was not happy with it. She hated the bitter cold. Hesitantly stepping out into the open, Jury grumbled to herself quietly, vaguely remembering that she shouldn't be surprised about having ended up somewhere new but couldn't recall where she'd gotten that idea no matter how much she tried. With a sigh, she climbed up the small hill the cave was nestled into, ears flat as she growled at the snow settling on her fur. She was about to set off in search of something- anything- that might tell her how to get back to her family when she recognized a familiar scent. 

Whirling around, trying to find the source, she could have jumped with joy as she saw the large wolf in the distance. She hadn't seen Silence in a long time, but without the faintest idea of where she was, he was the best bet she seemed to have in figuring that out. Plus, she might be able to figure out where he had run off to when he disappeared. "Hey! Silence!" the black wolf called, almost calling him Yukon rather than his name, deciding he probably wouldn't be pleased to see her as it was, and she didn't need to go make it worse when she needed his help. She quickly started off toward him, stumbling a moment in the snow but soon running. She stopped when she got close, not wanting to crash into him if she tripped again, trotting up to him from his side. "Silence-hey!" she managed to get out as she shook herself off, trying to free herself of the frosty snow. "Long time no see."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence, mostly focused on walking, didn't see the black wolf approach until she was nearly next to him. He turned quickly, almost flinching, and spoke with genuine surprise. "Who--What--Uh, Sorry. I wasn't expecting anyone..." he trailed off, now confused as to both who this wolf was and where she had come from. Then a thought came to him. His name. "How do you know my name?" He inquired, trying to make sense of the unexpected turn of events.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury stared at him as if he had asked if she was a wolf or an elk. "Are you kidding me? How do you think I know your name? Look, I know we didn't exactly get along, but pretending you don't know me is just unnecessary," she snapped, glaring at him. She was already annoyed due to the cold biting at her toes, and was not in the mood for games.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence hesitated, unsure of how to respond. "I certainly do not recall ever meeting you before, but since you seem to already know my name, I feel it would be only fair to inquire, what is your name?" He asked.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury just glared at him. "Seriously? You're really going with this?" she asked in unamused disbelief, letting out a sigh when she realized he wasn't going to go back on what he said. "Fine. I'm Jury. Juryoku. Even though you already knew that," she told him, muttering the last bit to herself. "Well, great. Now that we know each other-" she paused with a pointed looked of annoyance at the larger wolf, "-you can tell me where we are, and how to find my family."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

"Pleased to meet you, Juryoku," Silence said with a slight inclination of his head. "As to the latter, I believe we are somewhere...far North. That is all I know. As for your family..." He trailed off, not sure how to respond to that part seeing as he had never really been around much of his own family and therefore didn't quite grasp to concept of "family".

"I suggest, however, that we find our way back to slightly, ah, warmer, climates," He said, noticing her looking rather cold. "I am willing to travel together for a while if you would like, until you can find...what you are looking for."

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury nodded a bit when he spoke. "Yeah, alright. Warmer climates it is. That's where everyone else should be, anyway," she agreed, "Why I ended up in the snow of all places is beyond me." She once again tried to shake off the snow clinging to her fur, briefly wondering why any sane wolf would live in the tundra when the forests existed. "So, when we find them, are you planning on sticking with us or running off again? Rose was worried, you know. We didn't know where you went. Rose will be glad to know you're alright." She didn't bother replying to the idea of them traveling together, she assumed that's what they were doing anyway. Why he bothered offering was a bit confusing, but she didnt dwell on it.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence began to walk as she spoke, but slowed slightly when she said something about him running off. "Rose?" He asked, tilting his head. "Is she someone else you're looking for?" Something about the name tingled far in the back of his mind, like an echo after an echo, and then was lost.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury quickly followed him, listening intently, if not a bit confused. She thought he'd have stopped pretending by now. "Rose? My sister? You traveled with us long enough that you should at least remember our names," she snapped, growing frustrated. She bit back another remark, settling for a glare as she continued more calmly. "Yes, I'm looking for Rose. And Najmah and Drellan. I don't know where they are, but no doubt some place warmer, so getting out of the snow is as good a plan as any."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence nodded. "Then head south we shall," he said, falling back beside her so that she could set the pace. He tried to think, but no matter what he did he couldn't quite wrap his mind around what was happening. Maybe this was just how it was supposed to be...but he still felt lost, and confused. If this was what saving a world was all about, he could accept it. If only things were less confusing...but in due time, he thought.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury gave a quiet sigh at his short reply, still looking for an answer on if he was staying or leaving once they found the others- and where he even left to without telling anyone. She understood not telling herself or Najmah, but he had to have known it would have worried Rose to no end to have him suddenly disappear without a trace. "So, are you planning on staying, or leaving again when we find them?" she prodded again, glancing at his face for a reply before quickly turning her attention back to where they were headed, keeping a steady pace in the hopes that soon she'll start to see melting snow.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence trotted along quietly for a few moments, then spoke slowly and quietly. "Jury..." he said, almost adding the -oku but figuring she liked to be called Jury, "I'm not sure what you want to hear from me, but I don't think I'm going to be leaving you, or your group." He choked a bit mentally and physically at the next part, unaccustomed to interacting at this level with others, "I'm a firm believer in honesty, so I'll be honest with you. Even though I don't understand what's happening, maybe I'm wrong in thinking I don't know you, maybe you're wrong in thinking you know me, but whatever the case, I'm dedicated to figuring it out. You seem like a good, honest wolf to me, Jury. And I like that. I value honesty. So although this whole thing is odd and confusing right now..." he paused, then decided in his heart and mind on the next part, "I promise, I will not leave. We will figure this out." And hopefully, I'll figure out why I'm here in the first place.

[<3 Silence xD gotta love the big silly furball]

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury blinked in surprise at his response looking back at him with her surprise written clean on her face, head titled to the side in silent question. Was he serious about not knowing her? Did he hit his head or something? She honestly hadn't expected him to say he would stay, either. Running off to wherever he went before seemed more likely, or so she had thought. 

"Alright," she spoke slowly, as if trying to gather her thoughts, the fact he considered a her to be a good wolf adding to her surprise considering the amount of times she's snapped at him just today, "Rose will be glad to hear it. I'm rather curious in why you don't remember me or the others, too, that's for sure." She quieted down to think before just a few moments later quietly adding, "I'm holding you to not leaving, you know." She had a feeling she'd miss his calm presence if after all the time it might take to find her family, he just left again.

(Oh my god Silence is precious ;v; he's the cutest fluffball. And Jury is starting to be nicer to him. It's about time my anger fluff calmed down and made a friend of him)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence was slightly surprised, to see her surprise, but he kept it mostly in check. He simply nodded at what she said, and was silent. After a moment, he leaned his head down and nosed her shoulder. "I mean it. You're a good wolf. You obviously care for your friends and family. And you're not afraid to stand up for what you think and believe in." He grinned at her, "Plus, where I come from, anyone who can make someone like me promise something like that is a real keeper."

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

(okay before I even type up RP can I just say SILENCE IS THE DEFINITION OF PRECIOUS OH MY GOD)

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

When the larger wolf nosed her shoulder, Jury didn't quite know what to do at first. She hadn't expected him to be so nice this time around, and she certainly wasn't used to it enough to have an idea on how to react. She just stared at him a moment, thoughts racing as he spoke. She mostly dwelled on her treatment of him before today, recalling it not being the nicest. In her defense, she didn't exactly have the best experience with animals she didn't know, and a huge male wolf hanging around her family certainly wasn't to her liking, but if he truly didn't remember her or her family... then at least he didn't remember her attitude before, either. A clean start. 

Jury was pulled from her own thoughts when he grinned and spoke again, causing her to grin back, visibly relaxing a bit. "Well then, guess you're going to be around for a long while, huh? I don't know how long it'll take to find my pack, but I think you'll like them. Najmah might not care for you so much as Rose, but she doesn't like anyone."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence was slightly surprised, to see her surprise, but he kept it mostly in check.
And I was surprised that Silence was surprised to see Jury surprised.

Najmah: *grabs Wild by the back of her shirt* Off Topic
SilverstarWarrior wrote:(okay before I even type up RP can I just say SILENCE IS THE DEFINITION OF PRECIOUS OH MY GOD)
Shout out to this post! That's amazing! XD And might I add...

SHIP!!! SIRYOKU!!! I SHIP IT!!! Wacko Wacko Wacko

Najmah: Quit spamming, you moron! *throws Wild out* And you! *points to Jury* *makes the "I'm watching you" sign* *squints eyes* *leaves*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum