The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands)

+2
Ruki
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 24]

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:At Ki's words, Krono blushed under his feathers. "Aw, thanks! That's sweet of you!" he laughed. It helped a bit, but he still felt uneasy.

He looked up at Tyrin's approach. He appreciated the kindness in the smile, and nodded along with what the hawk was saying.

"Right, right. I mean, I would feel more comfortably hearing your side of the story first. I think you would understand where I'm coming from. Um... But... I guess..." He let out a long sigh, exasperated at himself for stumbling over words. "Ya, I guess I-uh, what would you like to know? I'll answer your questions the best I can."
"How much does Rinka say to you about her own affairs? I assume if she chose you that you must be close in her guard. Has she told you anything in regards to her hatchlings? More specifically, does she know that they're alive? Also, I'd like a run down of your activities outside the city, where troops are stationed and what they're doing. And before you say it, I know you can't tell me those things under her orders, but the information I have to share greatly depends on the things I don't know as well. For the sake of the Pridelands, please answer my questions. If you know who I am, then you know why I'm here."
Oh gosh.

Krono could barely keep up with the questions. His beak was open, but he just didn't know what to say or where to start. Before long, he was just staring at Tyrin with his mind in a swirl.

"...O...kay. I... I'm not... Sorry, let's back up a bit. Um... Look, you even said so yourself. You're going to be explaining yourself to the Queen. So why not have her tell you these things? I know you are Tyrin, last King of The Council. I know that you're here to help, and it's only natural you need information if you're going to help. But she's in a better position to be explaining things, so why not exchange information with her when she gets here?"
Tyrin was quiet at first, unwavering in his stare towards Krono, before a quiet reply came through a leveled voice. "... Because I don't think she's going to tell me. It's been... it's been three seasons and she sent me away. She didn't even flinch. There wasn't any happiness in her eyes..."

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Raiya had been slowly shaking her head as soon as Rinka started to leave. "She didn't even smile... How could she be so cold? She didn't even... " The wolf's voice trailed off as she couldn't finish her thought. Unlike the panther, she had spoken loudly enough that she hoped Rinka had heard. After all, Rinka hadn't even been over to see her yet. She understood perfectly the Queen had a lot on her mind, but Rinka had always been very close to Drellan's daughter, and this didn't seem like her at all.
Hearing her, Rinka glanced to the side without turning her head. Having already passed the wolf, she slowed her pace and looked ahead once more.

"Raiya." With a firmness to her tone, the Queen beckoned the young she-wolf to follow with a wing.

In response to that, Karna looked to Raiya with wide "uh-oh" eyes.
Raiya blinked and turned to exchange a glance with Karna. She didn't seem scared by the Queen's order, or at least not as concerned as some of the others. The wolf had always thought of Rinka as family, and hoped whatever was going on with her wasn't about to bleed into their relationship as well. The wolf hesitated for a moment, but then nodded a goodbye to Karna and padded after the Queen.
Karna returned the nod and watched Raiya leave with the Queen. Before long, the black bear approached her and assigned her on a supply run to a southern healing station.

Rinka led Raiya into the building. Wounded animals lay in areas along both sides of the path. Some were being attended to while others were awaiting their turn. Some that could walk were being led up sloping paths to levels above in order to lessen the crowding. As Rinka quickly led Raiya through, most of the wounded were staring off into space, and only a few spared glances in their direction. Before long, the duo had traveled all the way through the building only to emerge back outside opposite of where they came in. Rinka continued onward through the shadow of the building, until they arrived at an empty den of boulder and rubble. There was no one else in sight.

The falcon pointed to a spot beside the entrance as she stopped in the entryway.
"I need you to wait here." Her voice cracked at the first words. She continued on in a hoarse voice. "Please, don't let me take too long. There's so much I need to do. But right now, I-"
And finally, at the moment, a high pitched sob burst from her beak. She pressed one wing to her face, tears sliding down her feathered cheeks before she stumbled completely inside.
Raiya bristled at Rinka's sobbing, taking a few steps after her. Concern washed over her own face, and seeing someone she cared about so sad brought a swell of tears to her own eyes, but she fought them back. Every part of her wanted to run after Rinka, but she closed her eyes slowly and stood in the spot the Queen had indicated, not sure how to respond to all this.
Huddling in a corner with her face in her wings, Rinka cried. She tried to keep it quiet, but she couldn't stop the sobs from being audible this time around. Every so often, there was a sob that escaped her that was so loud, it would border on a short, sharp wail, before she returned to a normal volume. And she continued to cry for the next little while with no signs of stopping.
Raiya couldn't stand it any longer. She turned and ducked into the building after Rinka, her pawsteps soft as she approached the corner. She waited an extra second before placing her head on Rinka's shoulder in as best of a hug as the wolf could manage. Why is she so sad? She-she should be so happy...
When contact was made, Rinka knew she had spent too long crying. But she couldn't make herself stop. Not this time.

"I-I have to..." she whimpered as she sobbed, "Su-Supplies... Search a-and rescue... Bo... Body count, defe-nse lines..." She listed her responsibilities out loud, trying to snap herself out of this state. "Me-eting. I have to ca-call- I can't-I can't do this! Not again! Raiya, I can't-!"

And the crying got worse with incoherent babble coming from Rinka's beak.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:At Ki's words, Krono blushed under his feathers. "Aw, thanks! That's sweet of you!" he laughed. It helped a bit, but he still felt uneasy.

He looked up at Tyrin's approach. He appreciated the kindness in the smile, and nodded along with what the hawk was saying.

"Right, right. I mean, I would feel more comfortably hearing your side of the story first. I think you would understand where I'm coming from. Um... But... I guess..." He let out a long sigh, exasperated at himself for stumbling over words. "Ya, I guess I-uh, what would you like to know? I'll answer your questions the best I can."
"How much does Rinka say to you about her own affairs? I assume if she chose you that you must be close in her guard. Has she told you anything in regards to her hatchlings? More specifically, does she know that they're alive? Also, I'd like a run down of your activities outside the city, where troops are stationed and what they're doing. And before you say it, I know you can't tell me those things under her orders, but the information I have to share greatly depends on the things I don't know as well. For the sake of the Pridelands, please answer my questions. If you know who I am, then you know why I'm here."
Oh gosh.

Krono could barely keep up with the questions. His beak was open, but he just didn't know what to say or where to start. Before long, he was just staring at Tyrin with his mind in a swirl.

"...O...kay. I... I'm not... Sorry, let's back up a bit. Um... Look, you even said so yourself. You're going to be explaining yourself to the Queen. So why not have her tell you these things? I know you are Tyrin, last King of The Council. I know that you're here to help, and it's only natural you need information if you're going to help. But she's in a better position to be explaining things, so why not exchange information with her when she gets here?"
Tyrin was quiet at first, unwavering in his stare towards Krono, before a quiet reply came through a leveled voice. "... Because I don't think she's going to tell me. It's been... it's been three seasons and she sent me away. She didn't even flinch. There wasn't any happiness in her eyes..."
Krono, with a tight smile, had a look that said he wished he was anywhere else right at that moment. This was starting to go into territory he didn't even know how to navigate. After a moment, he loosened up and gave Tyrin as much of an encouraging smile as he could.

"H-Hey, don't say that! She's probably in shock! I mean, we all were, with the Council's king suddenly coming back from the dead and all... I mean, she's having you wait here for her in her home. Why would she do that if she wasn't going to talk to you!"

Is this coming off as 'too forced'? Oh, I am not qualified for this...

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Raiya had been slowly shaking her head as soon as Rinka started to leave. "She didn't even smile... How could she be so cold? She didn't even... " The wolf's voice trailed off as she couldn't finish her thought. Unlike the panther, she had spoken loudly enough that she hoped Rinka had heard. After all, Rinka hadn't even been over to see her yet. She understood perfectly the Queen had a lot on her mind, but Rinka had always been very close to Drellan's daughter, and this didn't seem like her at all.
Hearing her, Rinka glanced to the side without turning her head. Having already passed the wolf, she slowed her pace and looked ahead once more.

"Raiya." With a firmness to her tone, the Queen beckoned the young she-wolf to follow with a wing.

In response to that, Karna looked to Raiya with wide "uh-oh" eyes.
Raiya blinked and turned to exchange a glance with Karna. She didn't seem scared by the Queen's order, or at least not as concerned as some of the others. The wolf had always thought of Rinka as family, and hoped whatever was going on with her wasn't about to bleed into their relationship as well. The wolf hesitated for a moment, but then nodded a goodbye to Karna and padded after the Queen.
Karna returned the nod and watched Raiya leave with the Queen. Before long, the black bear approached her and assigned her on a supply run to a southern healing station.

Rinka led Raiya into the building. Wounded animals lay in areas along both sides of the path. Some were being attended to while others were awaiting their turn. Some that could walk were being led up sloping paths to levels above in order to lessen the crowding. As Rinka quickly led Raiya through, most of the wounded were staring off into space, and only a few spared glances in their direction. Before long, the duo had traveled all the way through the building only to emerge back outside opposite of where they came in. Rinka continued onward through the shadow of the building, until they arrived at an empty den of boulder and rubble. There was no one else in sight.

The falcon pointed to a spot beside the entrance as she stopped in the entryway.
"I need you to wait here." Her voice cracked at the first words. She continued on in a hoarse voice. "Please, don't let me take too long. There's so much I need to do. But right now, I-"
And finally, at the moment, a high pitched sob burst from her beak. She pressed one wing to her face, tears sliding down her feathered cheeks before she stumbled completely inside.
Raiya bristled at Rinka's sobbing, taking a few steps after her. Concern washed over her own face, and seeing someone she cared about so sad brought a swell of tears to her own eyes, but she fought them back. Every part of her wanted to run after Rinka, but she closed her eyes slowly and stood in the spot the Queen had indicated, not sure how to respond to all this.
Huddling in a corner with her face in her wings, Rinka cried. She tried to keep it quiet, but she couldn't stop the sobs from being audible this time around. Every so often, there was a sob that escaped her that was so loud, it would border on a short, sharp wail, before she returned to a normal volume. And she continued to cry for the next little while with no signs of stopping.
Raiya couldn't stand it any longer. She turned and ducked into the building after Rinka, her pawsteps soft as she approached the corner. She waited an extra second before placing her head on Rinka's shoulder in as best of a hug as the wolf could manage. Why is she so sad? She-she should be so happy...
When contact was made, Rinka knew she had spent too long crying. But she couldn't make herself stop. Not this time.

"I-I have to..." she whimpered as she sobbed, "Su-Supplies... Search a-and rescue... Bo... Body count, defe-nse lines..." She listed her responsibilities out loud, trying to snap herself out of this state. "Me-eting. I have to ca-call- I can't-I can't do this! Not again! Raiya, I can't-!"

Raiya squeezed her tighter before nosing her around to look her in the eyes, "Rinka! Rinka! Stop. Listen. Just stop! ..... You have captains, guards, advisers, who are doing all of this for you right now. You have an entire city's worth of animals that have watched you protect them time and time again. Just stop... let us handle ourselves for once. Let us help you like you helped us..."

Raiya's own voice cracked as her tears finally came out. She swallowed a sob and held Rinka again, "Y-You've done so much, you-- We're here for you. We're always here for y-you!"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Raiya squeezed her tighter before nosing her around to look her in the eyes, "Rinka! Rinka! Stop. Listen. Just stop! ..... You have captains, guards, advisers, who are doing all of this for you right now. You have an entire city's worth of animals that have watched you protect them time and time again. Just stop... let us handle ourselves for once. Let us help you like you helped us..."

Raiya's own voice cracked as her tears finally came out. She swallowed a sob and held Rinka again, "Y-You've done so much, you-- We're here for you. We're always here for y-you!"
Rinka wailed as she buried her face in Raiya's fur.
"You don't understand! I can't do this again! I can't lose him again! I can't lose them again! They keep coming back, over and over. And they keep dying, over and over! Why did he do this to me? Why can't it just stop, why-why-why-why are they coming back-it's happening again-they can't die on me again-why can't they all just stay dead if they're going to leave me behind again?!"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Oh gosh.

Krono, with a tight smile, had a look that said he wished he was anywhere else right at that moment. This was starting to go into territory he didn't even know how to navigate. After a moment, he loosened up and gave Tyrin as much of an encouraging smile as he could.

"H-Hey, don't say that! She's probably in shock! I mean, we all were, with the Council's king suddenly coming back from the dead and all... I mean, she's having you wait here for her in her home. Why would she do that if she wasn't going to talk to you!"

"In her-- ...." Tyrin paused, and looked again at the hollow around him. In her home.... In her home. Suddenly the room made sense to him. The map he had thought was for war planning, the letters, he assumed were for her guards. This wasn't a meeting chamber, or a court, or a prison... this was a place for things that belonged, that she had no idea how to handle. They weren't being cast out. The sinking suspicion Tyrin had felt during the moments he stared away started to make sense. Maybe Rinka wasn't doing this to seem like she was angry at his return, maybe she was doing this because she was lost in it all.

Tyrin turned back to Krono, his small smile returning. "You're right. I apologize for putting you on the spot like that, and if possible you can forget everything I said. If you have any questions from me that would put your mind at ease, feel free... "

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"You don't understand! I can't do this again! I can't lose him again! I can't lose them again! They keep coming back, over and over. And they keep dying, over and over! Why did he do this to me? Why can't it just stop, why-why-why-why are they coming back-it's happening again-they can't die on me again-why can't they all just stay dead if they're going to leave me behind again?!"
"RINKA!" Raiya barked sharply, harshly, in the Queen's face to snap her out of her state. The she-wolf stared her down for several seconds, until her anger burst and her sobs came harder. "You do not get to say-- you do not get-- you-- ! NO! Do you have any idea what I would give to see my family again?! Any at all!? You don't say-- No! I don't care if they came back a hundred times-- they'd be back! I don't get the chances you've had! You think my mother is going to fly out of a light in the sky and tell me she loves me?! I will never see her again! You- you just get this chance and you-- and you're just so-- STUPID!"

Raiya broke off for a moment, trying to control her own crying. "I know... that this is hard, but you... You're a Phoenix for stars' sake! Coming back is what you do! No matter how many times you lose your family, you actually get that small hope that you'll see them again.... Nobody else gets to feel that way.... Your happily ever after just came flying back to you and you're angry about that?! You don't even know how, or why! You haven't heard anything he has to say! I know you're scared too.... I know that... But Rinka... Your mate is waiting for you at your hollow, after all these years. That's your Tyrin. I've heard your stories, and I have fleeting memories of my own. Now tell me.... what's worse, losing him again... Or being too scared to love him at all?"

Last edited by Jaystep on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Lieuna stayed to the background even as they entered the hollow beneath the tree. Nobody had so much as glanced at her with more than acknowledgement that she was part of the Guard, and she was perfectly fine with that. Lieuna was an Osprey, with not much to distinguish her from others of her kind, save for her smaller size, and the slight limp she displayed when not in Phoenix form. Her left leg was somewhat misshapen so that it appeared shorter than her right. Just one of the reminders of her near-death experience from which she had been saved by the King.

The King was talking to their escort, Krono had been his name, and Khiarra and Ki stood off to one side shooting dark looks at them. Drathema was over by the desk, which left Lieuna alone on the south side of the room. She turned, looking out the small window, idly wondering why it was there when you couldn't even see past the hanging branches.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"RINKA!" Raiya barked sharply, harshly, in the Queen's face to snap her out of her state. The she-wolf stared her down for several seconds, until her anger burst and her sobs came harder. "You do not get to say-- you do not get-- you-- ! NO! Do you have any idea what I would give to see my family again?! Any at all!? You don't say-- No! I don't care if they came back a hundred times-- they'd be back! I don't get the chances you've had! You think my mother is going to fly out of a light in the sky and tell me she loves me?! I will never see her again! You- you just get this chance and you-- and you're just so-- STUPID!"

Raiya broke off for a moment, trying to control her own crying. "I know... that this is hard, but you... You're a Phoenix for stars' sake! Coming back is what you do! No matter how many times you lose your family, you actually get that small hope that you'll see them again.... Nobody else gets to feel that way.... Your happily ever after just came flying back to you and you're angry about that?! You don't even know how, or why! You haven't heard anything he has to say! I know you're scared too.... I know that... But Rinka... Your mate is waiting for you at your hollow, after all these years. That's your Tyrin. I've heard your stories, and I have fleeting memories of my own. Now tell me.... what's worse, losing him again... Or being too scared to love him at all?"
"You naive wolf..."

Up until that point, Rinka had been staring up at Raiya through rounded eyes. With her tear streaked face, and no longer making a sound, the falcon looked to be in a daze.

Stupid?

She lowered her head as the wolf continued in her rant. She was listening, but she did not share the sentiment. And thus the hoarse whisper was uttered.

"You have no idea what it's like. They die and they die and they die, leaving behind broken, bloodied bodies that I can't even lay to rest. I've watched them die, I've heard their screams. Those horrible, twisted screams that echo in my head long after they've died!"

Rinka cut herself off with a ragged breath. What was she saying to this young wolf? She didn't need to know this. She didn't need that image in her mind. Shaking her head, the falcon turned away.

"They don't come back to live a 'happily ever after'. At some point they always die, and I'm always there to watch it happen. And when they die for the final time-when Tyrin lost his final life, I was so used to-I nearly lost my mind waiting-..." Rinka buried her face in her wing again. "He's doomed me, Raiya. When I'm stripped of everything yet again, I will be cursed to a life of waiting. Waiting for everyone's return. Waiting for everyone's demise. Seeing them die again and again and again, in one endless cycle. Always leaving me alone with the memories of their excruciating final moments."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Oh gosh.

"In her-- ...." Tyrin paused, and looked again at the hollow around him. In her home.... In her home. Suddenly the room made sense to him. The map he had thought was for war planning, the letters, he assumed were for her guards. This wasn't a meeting chamber, or a court, or a prison... this was a place for things that belonged, that she had no idea how to handle. They weren't being cast out. The sinking suspicion Tyrin had felt during the moments he stared away started to make sense. Maybe Rinka wasn't doing this to seem like she was angry at his return, maybe she was doing this because she was lost in it all.

Tyrin turned back to Krono, his small smile returning. "You're right. I apologize for putting you on the spot like that, and if possible you can forget everything I said. If you have any questions from me that would put your mind at ease, feel free... "
The sudden change of mood was welcome. Krono had no idea what he said, but he was glad it worked. Maybe he was qualified for this kind of thing after all?

The falcon beamed at Tyrin. "Don't worry about it!"

Questions, huh? What could I ask him... Let's see...

He glanced around at the Phoenix behind the King.

"Alright. Well, I know about you, your majesty. But I'm curious about your companions. Would you introduce me to them, if that's alright?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"You naive wolf..."

Up until that point, Rinka had been staring up at Raiya through rounded eyes. With her tear streaked face, and no longer making a sound, the falcon looked to be in a daze.

Stupid?

She lowered her head as the wolf continued in her rant. She was listening, but she did not share the sentiment. And thus the hoarse whisper was uttered.

"You have no idea what it's like. They die and they die and they die, leaving behind broken, bloodied bodies that I can't even lay to rest. I've watched them die, I've heard their screams. Those horrible, twisted screams that echo in my head long after they've died!"

Rinka cut herself off with a ragged breath. What was she saying to this young wolf? She didn't need to know this. She didn't need that image in her mind. Shaking her head, the falcon turned away.

"They don't come back to live a 'happily ever after'. At some point they always die, and I'm always there to watch it happen. And when they die for the final time-when Tyrin lost his final life, I was so used to-I nearly lost my mind waiting-..." Rinka buried her face in her wing again. "He's doomed me, Raiya. When I'm stripped of everything yet again, I will be cursed to a life of waiting. Waiting for everyone's return. Waiting for everyone's demise. Seeing them die again and again and again, in one endless cycle. Always leaving me alone with the memories of their excruciating final moments."
Raiya stared down at the falcon, her tears having stopped and nearly dried while the bird spoke. She was quiet for a long time after Rinka finished, her anger still evident on her face. "... You see all your blessings as curses... You think the pain of loss is so strong it sours the joy of getting everything you've ever wanted brought back to you.... I can think of so many out there right now who would kill to see their loved ones again... You're a Queen who see's only the bad.... how can you hope to lead any of us to the good?"

Raiya stood up and backed away from Rinka, shaking her head lightly while frustration flashed in her eyes. "What kind of Phoenix can't handle coming back?"

The she wolf turned on the falcon and stormed out of the building, a tornado of emotions swirling in her stomach from anger to sympathy, but her head was filled to the brim with more jealousy than anything. She didn't believe anything Rinka said about being doomed or broken. It was nonsense in her eyes, to have someone you love come back to you so many times, it would be a blessing to her. At least they came back for you.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Rinka didn't say anything as Raiya left. With her head down, she hugged herself with her wings.

"You don't know a thing," she whispered in the empty room.

"Why can't they all just stay dead if they're going to leave me behind again?"

Why had she said that? In that moment, her mind had been rampant with everything she'd held in for so long. But that line specifically wasn't at all the point she was trying to make. Was she really so lonely?

Rinka shook her head. She stood up from her corner and walked to the den's exit. She paused right before it as her trail of thought switched course.

It was a mistake, bringing Raiya here with her. The young wolf, whom the falcon had watched grow from a small pup, had issues similar to hers. She had also lost family. How could Rinka have expected her to listen without interjecting as she did with her own feelings on the matter. 

Stop being selfish, she chided herself.

How could she have expected the wolf to understand, when she didn't have the pleasure watching a Phoenix's blessing turn into a curse. Rinka should have chosen someone else to bring along. 

Stop it.

Or better yet, she should have just come to this den on her own. 

Enough.

So why did she feel the need to bring Raiya to listen to her cries?

Stop thinking about this.

Rinka stepped outside, trying not to oblige the dark thoughts now appearing in her head. Though she was in the shadow of the great building, her eyes squinted at the brightness of the outside. A thought tickled her mind, something she could have sworn she had thought before. Suddenly feeling uneasy, she turned around after stepping away from the den. There was nothing there. Of course there wasn't. Regardless, the feathers on the nape of her neck prickled as she swiftly took to the air. The thought from earlier was forgotten.

As she soared lowly away from the skyscraper, her eyes landed on a certain patch of rubble.

The meeting has already been called, she missed, I really did take too long in that den.

The Queen dove out of sight.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Oh gosh.

The sudden change of mood was welcome. Krono had no idea what he said, but he was glad it worked. Maybe he was qualified for this kind of thing after all?

The falcon beamed at Tyrin. "Don't worry about it!"

Questions, huh? What could I ask him... Let's see...

He glanced around at the Phoenix behind the King.

"Alright. Well, I know about you, your majesty. But I'm curious about your companions. Would you introduce me to them, if that's alright?"
Tyrin nodded slowly, still thinking for a second before turning all his attention to the falcon. "Of course! Let's see... You've already met Ki... " 

The hawk nodded to the distant little bird with an apologetic smile. "And here we have Khiarra, my second. As well as Drathema and Lieuna, two of my best fighters."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Krono smiled and waved.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you all! I'm Krono!"

The falcon looked over to Khiarra.

"So you're King Tyrin's second in command?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Krono smiled and waved.

The kite looked at the falcon closely before giving a brisk nod. "That's right..."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Lieuna gave as elegant of a curtsy as was possible with her leg when Tyrin spoke her name. "We are honored to fight alongside you in our service to the King, Master Krono. May your days be long and the sun shine bright for you and your kin." At the lowest point, when her face was towards the floor, a minuscule twitch at the corner of her beak spoke of a hidden smile, but her face was serene and smooth as she rose back to face the King.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:

The kite looked at the falcon closely before giving a brisk nod. "That's right..."

The Great Random Member wrote:Lieuna gave as elegant of a curtsy as was possible with her leg when Tyrin spoke her name. "We are honored to fight alongside you in our service to the King, Master Krono. May your days be long and the sun shine bright for you and your kin." At the lowest point, when her face was towards the floor, a minuscule twitch at the corner of her beak spoke of a hidden smile, but her face was serene and smooth as she rose back to face the King.

Since Lieuna spoke before Krono spoke to Khiarra Krono was surprised at Lieuna's introduction, taken in by her elegance. Her leg did draw his eye as she courtsied, but he politely kept his beak shut.

Master Krono? Oh man, I've never been called that before! He blushed.

"Thank you! Same to you, Lady Lieuna." Krono responded in the same style she'd used with him, ending with a bow.

He fidgeted awkwardly on his way back up. That was when he had turned to Khiarra and spoken to her. After the kite's response, he smiled at her a moment longer having expected her to continue. His gaze darted to the side when she didn't.

I guess she's not much of a talker...

"So you guys are Phoenix! There are more of you than anyone thought. Are you the only ones, besides Queen Rinka?"

His gaze flitted from Khiarra to Lieuna to Tyrin, not sure who was going to answer.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(You guys are welcome to do more with your Phoenix than just have them chill if you guys are bored with that. Just do whatever! You can even call for a time skip if you want?)

(I'm satisfied having the characters talk, but if you guys would like to do something else, then you're good to do it! I have nothing exciting planned XD)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Lieuna's gaze shifted expectantly to Tyrin at Krono's question. They hadn't been in hiding in the Grove for so long for no reason, and it was up to Tyrin to talk of such things, or not to, anyways.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

The Great Random Member wrote:Lieuna gave as elegant of a curtsy as was possible with her leg when Tyrin spoke her name. "We are honored to fight alongside you in our service to the King, Master Krono. May your days be long and the sun shine bright for you and your kin." At the lowest point, when her face was towards the floor, a minuscule twitch at the corner of her beak spoke of a hidden smile, but her face was serene and smooth as she rose back to face the King.

Since Lieuna spoke before Krono spoke to Khiarra Krono was surprised at Lieuna's introduction, taken in by her elegance. Her leg did draw his eye as she courtsied, but he politely kept his beak shut.

Master Krono? Oh man, I've never been called that before! He blushed.

"Thank you! Same to you, Lady Lieuna." Krono responded in the same style she'd used with him, ending with a bow.

He fidgeted awkwardly on his way back up. That was when he had turned to Khiarra and spoken to her. After the kite's response, he smiled at her a moment longer having expected her to continue. His gaze darted to the side when she didn't.

I guess she's not much of a talker...

"So you guys are Phoenix! There are more of you than anyone thought. Are you the only ones, besides Queen Rinka?"

His gaze flitted from Khiarra to Lieuna to Tyrin, not sure who was going to answer.
"... There are more." Tyrin finally answered, a respectful nod following. "At least double what you see here. Some are newer to this than others, but none have been Phoenix here longer than the Queen, Syrune, and I. Hence why you haven't heard of them yet. I rebuilt the Phoenix Guard to destroy Agathar and the Shades."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Krono looked to Tyrin with growing awe as he spoke.

"...What's the Phoenix Guard?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Krono looked to Tyrin with growing awe as he spoke.

"...What's the Phoenix Guard?"
Tyrin raised a brow, a small smile forming on his beak. "Not into history? Fair enough... The Phoenix Guard were the first group of protectors for the world after the fall of humans. The first few wars of our kind were fought by the original Phoenix Guard, until over the years they either disappeared or were killed as time moved on."

Last edited by Jaystep on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

(Rinka can come and interrupt them anytime Very Happy )

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

In that case, time skip! We're going to say that about an hour or two has passed. So if there's anything you guys wanted your Phoenix to have talked about, you can do a flashback scene!)

(And if it's alright, I'm going to say Krono has had a full on conversation with Tyrin about the things Tyrin is going to tell Rinka, and more. We should probably talk about what exactly the Phoenix have told him and if he's had a chance to converse with the others. Doesn't have to be a scene, we can just say X told him this, so this is what he knows.)

Rinka hovered outside the branches of her Willow tree. After her meeting, she had felt more awake, and ironically, more in control. But now, thinking about what was ahead of her, her heart pounded in her chest. She hadn't felt like this since the first few times she'd gone on stealth missions to free prisoners captive in now former shade camps to the East. She almost wished for the emptiness she had felt when she faced Tyrin earlier that day. Where had that gone? Why had that gone? What was it she was feeling now?

The falcon took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She was wasting time again. She dove through the branches.

The silence was suffocating as Rinka touched down just inside the hollow. The atmosphere felt tense as everyone turned her eyes on her, like they were studying her apprehensively. Or maybe it was just her?

Whatever the case, she found her right eye twitching for a second  a the mess of papers across her floor (her hate for Zarrock briefly reignited in the moment). Then, raising her beak, she looked at each bird around the hollow, pausing to nod a greeting at Krono, before her eyes finally landed on Tyrin. 

She didn't wear the guarded expression she had worn earlier this time. Instead, she looked distant, and uneasy with the way her brows furrowed. She slowly stepped towards Tyrin, and started to raise a wing up as if to touch him. Before it stretched out too far, she brought the wings back to her side. She shifted her gaze to the side.

"How long have you been alive?" she finally asked, her somewhat soft voice bordering on a professional tone.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:In that case, time skip! We're going to say that about an hour or two has passed. So if there's anything you guys wanted your Phoenix to have talked about, you can do a flashback scene!)

(And if it's alright, I'm going to say Krono has had a full on conversation with Tyrin about the things Tyrin is going to tell Rinka, and more. We should probably talk about what exactly the Phoenix have told him and if he's had a chance to converse with the others. Doesn't have to be a scene, we can just say X told him this, so this is what he knows.)

Rinka hovered outside the branches of her Willow tree. After her meeting, she had felt more awake, and ironically, more in control. But now, thinking about what was ahead of her, her heart pounded in her chest. She hadn't felt like this since the first few times she'd gone on stealth missions to free prisoners captive in now former shade camps to the East. She almost wished for the emptiness she had felt when she faced Tyrin earlier that day. Where had that gone? Why had that gone? What was it she was feeling now?

The falcon took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She was wasting time again. She dove through the branches.

The silence was suffocating as Rinka touched down just inside the hollow. The atmosphere felt tense as everyone turned her eyes on her, like they were studying her apprehensively. Or maybe it was just her?

Whatever the case, she found her right eye twitching for a second  a the mess of papers across her floor (her hate for Zarrock briefly reignited in the moment). Then, raising her beak, she looked at each bird around the hollow, pausing to nod a greeting at Krono, before her eyes finally landed on Tyrin. 

She didn't wear the guarded expression she had worn earlier this time. Instead, she looked distant, and uneasy with the way her brows furrowed. She slowly stepped towards Tyrin, and started to raise a wing up as if to touch him. Before it stretched out too far, she brought the wings back to her side. She shifted her gaze to the side.

"How long have you been alive?" she finally asked, her somewhat soft voice bordering on a professional tone.
Tyrin had his eyes on Rinka's from the moment she touched down, searching for any hint at her emotions. He had thought about his answer to her question for a long time. So many night he lay, unable to sleep and thinking about the next time he saw her, and what he would say. He had thought about lying. He had thought about explaining himself. He believed he had thought of everything, but when it was her... when it was really Rinka here and asking him that question, he was never so unprepared. The hawk took a deep breath, and told the truth.

"Since five moons after."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

With her face turned to the side, Rinka's eyes widened. Her brows furrowed in anger as her beak tightened. She remained this way for a moment before closing her eyes, her face maintaining this tight expression.

"You..." Her voice was not just soft now. It was like a dying breath as she spoke. (Think John Watson's attempts to speak when he's really angry.)

"Two and a half..." Rinka swallowed, shook her head in sharp, short jolts. Finally she turned her head to fully face him as she opened her eyes again, tears forming in them. "At any time... You could've... You should have..."

It was at this point that Krono realized that maybe the Queen and King should be alone... He opened his beak, but he was intimidated into Silence by the heavy atmosphere. After opening and closing his beak again, he finally spoke in spite of his beating heart.

"You're majesty, shall I take everyone but the King to the barracks?"

The sharp flick of her wing told him 'yes'.

His voice gone, Krono nodded to himself and motioned the other Phoenix to follow him out the hollow.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:With her face turned to the side, Rinka's eyes widened. Her brows furrowed in anger as her beak tightened. She remained this way for a moment before closing her eyes, her face maintaining this tight expression.

"You..." Her voice was not just soft now. It was like a dying breath as she spoke. (Think John Watson's attempts to speak when he's really angry.)

"Two and a half..." Rinka swallowed, shook her head in sharp, short jolts. Finally she turned her head to fully face him as she opened her eyes again, tears forming in them. "At any time... You could've... You should have..."

It was at this point that Krono realized that maybe the Queen and King should be alone... He opened his beak, but he was intimidated into Silence by the heavy atmosphere. After opening and closing his beak again, he finally spoke in spite of his beating heart.

"You're majesty, shall I take everyone but the King to the barracks?"

The sharp flick of her wing told him 'yes'.

His voice gone, Krono nodded to himself and motioned the other Phoenix to follow him out the hollow.
Tyrin grit his beak tight, trying to kill any rising emotion in his throat. He slowly turned to his Guard and gave them a signal to wait outside. The hawk waited until the room was empty except the two of them, but the one rping him did not, so feel free to still post. Despite his own desperate attempts to stay strong, his eyes started to cloud with tears as he shook his head. "... I couldn't. There was a plan... there was too much to do... I wanted to. I wanted every day to be they day I came back to you, but if I had... "

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Where's Ki? I need her sass right now XD)

"You could have..." Again, with her words fading to breaths, Rinka raised and shook her head, shuffling in agitation before speaking again. "One sign. Any sign. Anything to let me know-even a note. You let me think you-for two and a half years after you came back!"

She wasn't shouting yet, but finally, she could feel her own anger. The feeling had died after igniting far too many times over her first year as Queen, only coming back now in immediate crisis. But in this moment, in this situation, as her mind continued reeling in all her thoughts, she felt a fire in her chest. She could almost imagine it using the decay surrounding her heart as its fuel.
She looked to Tyrin with this new fire and silently demanded he explain, and that he do so quickly.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Where's Ki? I need her sass right now XD)

"You could have..." Again, with her words fading to breaths, Rinka raised and shook her head, shuffling in agitation before speaking again. "One sign. Any sign. Anything to let me know-even a note. You let me think you-for two and a half years after you came back!"

She wasn't shouting yet, but finally, she could feel her own anger. The feeling had died after igniting far too many times over her first year as Queen, only coming back now in immediate crisis. But in this moment, in this situation, as her mind continued reeling in all her thoughts, she felt a fire in her chest. She could almost imagine it using the decay surrounding her heart as its fuel.
She looked to Tyrin with this new fire and silently demanded he explain, and that he do so quickly.
A spark of anger flew into Tyrin's own eyes as she continued, there was so much she didn't know. "Rinka! Rinka! I couldn't. There was nothing I could do! Any change in your behavior caused by a visit from me, if anyone found a note that I'd left, if I had been spotted-- Rinka do you think so little of me that I would have done this to you, to myself, for no good reason at all? I need you to listen to me."

Tyrin had taken a step forward while he spoke, putting himself in range to touch her shoulders gently with his wings. "Agathar, Zarrock, all of them... they've been watching everything. They know everything that happens in your city, everything you think you've kept a secret, they know. Agathar has turned so many animals against you already. Non-shades. Almost undetectable.... He could destroy this place in a heartbeat but he won't. He wants you to come to him on your own."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Where's Ki? I need her sass right now XD)

A spark of anger flew into Tyrin's own eyes as she continued, there was so much she didn't know. "Rinka! Rinka! I couldn't. There was nothing I could do! Any change in your behavior caused by a visit from me, if anyone found a note that I'd left, if I had been spotted-- Rinka do you think so little of me that I would have done this to you, to myself, for no good reason at all? I need you to listen to me."

Tyrin had taken a step forward while he spoke, putting himself in range to touch her shoulders gently with his wings. "Agathar, Zarrock, all of them... they've been watching everything. They know everything that happens in your city, everything you think you've kept a secret, they know. Agathar has turned so many animals against you already. Non-shades. Almost undetectable.... He could destroy this place in a heartbeat but he won't. He wants you to come to him on your own."
At information that was new to her, some of which she had already suspected, Rinka stiffened. Then, with a frustrated growl, she lowered her chin and stared him down.

"Explain," she hissed. And then immediately realizing acting this way wasn't going to do her any favors, she stepped back and inhaled deeply through her nostrils. She was still furious, but sensing a horrible argument was imminent, she tried to be civil for both their sakes.

"I need you to explain everything from the day you came back. The good reason for letting me believe you were dead for three years, the plan that you didn't let me in on, how they've been watching me and how you know they've been watching me. Everything. Explain everything to me right now, and don't leave one detail out." "...Please."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum