The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Outskirts)

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

SilverstarWarrior wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
SilverstarWarrior wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
SilverstarWarrior wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
SilverstarWarrior wrote:Jury was already on her way up the hill, calling out over her shoulder in answer. "I don't know what the Ice Bridge is, but they would probably try and meet you there, right? It's the only place they would know they might find you."
"The Ice Bridge is a formation that connects this land to another called The Howls," Kae informed, "That's what I heard at least. I've never been there before, but I heard the Ice Bridge is the only way to reach one of the few safe havens left. The Land of Blossoms, I think it's called. But the Ice Bridge is still several miles out. It would take at least another day or two, if not more to reach it. And the territory we have to cross is dangerous. We can't be split up before we even... They should know better than go on ahead without me."
The she-wolf sighed in frustration. Then after a moment, she forced a smile.
"...I'm sorry. I'm just really worried."
Wildwing wrote:
DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence, lost somewhat in his own thoughts, walked almost straight through the dip in the snow, and unsurprisingly stubbed his paw on the slightly protruding icicle. He let out a low growl, bending down to inspect what he had hit. "Interesting..." He muttered, trying to make out what it was.
The icicle, which seemed to be more metal-like rather than frozen water, moved at the stub. It still stuck straight up from the snow, but it was loose, like it could be pulled out or pushed down. Snowflakes still covered the top, but enough had been knocked off to reveal that the etched in symbol seemed to be a circle. But part of the symbol was still covered.
Jury offered an understanding smile at the she-wolf as she rambled. "Do you think they'd have moved on, then? Maybe if they're close enough still, they'd hear you howl. That'd get their attention, no?" the black wolf suggested with a glance toward Silence for his opinion of the matter. Seeing as he was distracted, she excused herself from Kae for the moment to investor what had caught his attention. "Find something?"
Kae looked hesitant at the suggestion, but after a moment, she nodded in agreement.
"Ya... Hopefully, their's is the only attention I get," she murmured as Jury walked back to Silence. She took a deep breath before raising her head and letting out a long, deep howl. When she finished, she pricked her ears to listen for a reply. None came.

(*holds up Silence puppet* *in high pitched, fake Silence voice* Yes Jury! I found an icicle doo-hickey! Think I should touch it?)
(*holds up Jury puppet* Yes, touch it! It's just an icicle, nothing could ever happen!

Jury: I am literally right here there is no need for that)
(Lol

*Silence Puppet*: You are absolutely right! *bouncing back and forth in front of icicle* I will touch it, after I sing this happy song! Join me, my love!)
(*Jury Puppet*: *gasp* But what will we sing?! I'm a wolf! I don't know any songs!)
(*Silence Puppet*: We shall make one up! And we shall howl it with heart! Come! Follow along! *starts howling the tune to 'Let it Go'.)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

[Silence: Seriously. Like really? Why must you impersonate me?

Oh Silence, get over it, it's funny! xD]

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(What? You were gone and I had to entertain Silv somehow! Lol *waves Silence Puppet in front of Silence*)

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Fayru hesitated, seeming to ponder it for a moment. Then, with a somewhat forced smile, she nodded.
"Yes. I believe I will have the strength to fly tomorrow morning," she replied. She turned away to face the staircase. She placed a wing over her chest and was silent for an uncomfortably long moment.
"...Will we be discussing the story behind this island's curse soon?"
Roth smiled through his mask, "Glad to hear it, but if you need more time you need only ask." 

He watched as Fayru seemed hesitant, nodding after she finally spoke. "Of course. And even better, how to break it! I've got some notion, I just need to do a bit of reading tonight. You might do the same, I'm sure there are dozens of scrolls and books in that hollow. Look for any marked by an owl named Huuro. He was the one we think started this ordeal. Any notes left may reveal a clue."

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Fayru hesitated, seeming to ponder it for a moment. Then, with a somewhat forced smile, she nodded.
"Yes. I believe I will have the strength to fly tomorrow morning," she replied. She turned away to face the staircase. She placed a wing over her chest and was silent for an uncomfortably long moment.
Roth smiled through his mask, "Glad to hear it, but if you need more time you need only ask." 

He watched as Fayru seemed hesitant, nodding after she finally spoke. "Of course. And even better, how to break it! I've got some notion, I just need to do a bit of reading tonight. You might do the same, I'm sure there are dozens of scrolls and books in that hollow. Look for any marked by an owl named Huuro. He was the one we think started this ordeal. Any notes left may reveal a clue."
"Thank you," Fayru said with a dip of her head, "That is what I will do then."
She started up the stairs, but after reaching the third, she stopped. She stayed still for a moment, her beak slightly open as she was about to say something. Then, finally, she turned somewhat to Roth and gave him a grateful smile.
"Thank you, again, for all you've done for me thus far," she chirped humbly, "I will do my best to assist in the breaking of this curse."
The falcon then continued her way up to the hollow, the smile, now out of Roth's sight, wavering.

The hollow was surprisingly clean. That was her first thought when the she-falcon entered the room. It was a small hollow with only a desk and a bookshelf to occupy it. The desk was part of the wall. Someone had carved into the wall to create it, the she-falcon inferred as she stood in front of the desk. This bird had also carved three circular windows above the desk so they would have light while they worked at the desk.
She then turned to the bookshelf. It was part of the right wall, with four slots one above the other carved just deep and big enough to fit the books and scrolls that sat in them. She brushed one of her wing tips across one shelf, watching as her feather left a clean trail through the light coat of dust.
She went to touch one of the books, but halfway through the motion, her wing twisted and touched the spot directly over her heart. The edges of her blurry vision began to darken and her other senses were beginning to fade. She knew what was happening. And even though she knew it would not help, she whispered...

"Fayru, please... Wait just a little longer..."

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

(I knew there was something off about her! XD)

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:(I knew there was something off about her! XD)
Yes, you were right! She was being too nice and polite to be Fayru! XD)

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Wildwing wrote:
SilverstarWarrior wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
SilverstarWarrior wrote:Jury was already on her way up the hill, calling out over her shoulder in answer. "I don't know what the Ice Bridge is, but they would probably try and meet you there, right? It's the only place they would know they might find you."
"The Ice Bridge is a formation that connects this land to another called The Howls," Kae informed, "That's what I heard at least. I've never been there before, but I heard the Ice Bridge is the only way to reach one of the few safe havens left. The Land of Blossoms, I think it's called. But the Ice Bridge is still several miles out. It would take at least another day or two, if not more to reach it. And the territory we have to cross is dangerous. We can't be split up before we even... They should know better than go on ahead without me."
The she-wolf sighed in frustration. Then after a moment, she forced a smile.
"...I'm sorry. I'm just really worried."
Wildwing wrote:
DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence, lost somewhat in his own thoughts, walked almost straight through the dip in the snow, and unsurprisingly stubbed his paw on the slightly protruding icicle. He let out a low growl, bending down to inspect what he had hit. "Interesting..." He muttered, trying to make out what it was.
The icicle, which seemed to be more metal-like rather than frozen water, moved at the stub. It still stuck straight up from the snow, but it was loose, like it could be pulled out or pushed down. Snowflakes still covered the top, but enough had been knocked off to reveal that the etched in symbol seemed to be a circle. But part of the symbol was still covered.
Jury offered an understanding smile at the she-wolf as she rambled. "Do you think they'd have moved on, then? Maybe if they're close enough still, they'd hear you howl. That'd get their attention, no?" the black wolf suggested with a glance toward Silence for his opinion of the matter. Seeing as he was distracted, she excused herself from Kae for the moment to investor what had caught his attention. "Find something?"
Kae looked hesitant at the suggestion, but after a moment, she nodded in agreement.
"Ya... Hopefully, their's is the only attention I get," she murmured as Jury walked back to Silence. She took a deep breath before raising her head and letting out a long, deep howl. When she finished, she pricked her ears to listen for a reply. None came.

(*holds up Silence puppet* *in high pitched, fake Silence voice* Yes Jury! I found an icicle doo-hickey! Think I should touch it?)
(@DwelleroftheEarth psst you should reply to this when you get time)

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"Thank you," Fayru said with a dip of her head, "That is what I will do then."
She started up the stairs, but after reaching the third, she stopped. She stayed still for a moment, her beak slightly open as she was about to say something. Then, finally, she turned somewhat to Roth and gave him a grateful smile.
"Thank you, again, for all you've done for me thus far," she chirped humbly, "I will do my best to assist in the breaking of this curse."
The falcon then continued her way up to the hollow, the smile, now out of Roth's sight, wavering.

The hollow was surprisingly clean. That was her first thought when the she-falcon entered the room. It was a small hollow with only a desk and a bookshelf to occupy it. The desk was part of the wall. Someone had carved into the wall to create it, the she-falcon inferred as she stood in front of the desk. This bird had also carved three circular windows above the desk so they would have light while they worked at the desk.
She then turned to the bookshelf. It was part of the right wall, with four slots one above the other carved just deep and big enough to fit the books and scrolls that sat in them. She brushed one of her wing tips across one shelf, watching as her feather left a clean trail through the light coat of dust.
She went to touch one of the books, but halfway through the motion, her wing twisted and touched the spot directly over her heart. The edges of her blurry vision began to darken and her other senses were beginning to fade. She knew what was happening. And even though she knew it would not help, she whispered...

"Fayru, please... Wait just a little longer..."
A few hours later, long enough for Roth to complete most of his daily errands and continue with some light reading, the masked bird knocked politely on the bark along the entryway to the hollow he had seen Fayru leave towards. He paused outside the moss door, waiting for a reply.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence nodded to Jury's question. He blew gently on the top of the icicle thing, trying to reveal the symbol etched in the top of it, frowning when it was revealed; it was unlike anything he had seen before.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence nodded to Jury's question. He blew gently on the top of the icicle thing, trying to reveal the symbol etched in the top of it, frowning when it was revealed; it was unlike anything he had seen before.
(Kae: To quote Eco-"This post is totally lame.")

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury frowned, sniffing at the object for a hint of what it was. Figuring out nothing, she watched Silence try to reveal the symbol, and when he did nothing else she just stared at him with a look that read Is that it? Is that all the effort you're willing to use? When it was obvious he was just content to stare and wonder, she poked it with a paw, and seeing as that did nothing, she grabbed it in her jaws and yanked.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jury, I love you and your sassiness XD Alright, typing a reply!)

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

The symbol, now revealed, was a lopsided circle covered in faont, intricate designs. Surrounding the circle were countless small nicks in the ice.

When Jury yanked the cylinder, it shot up past her jaw, now three times taller. Simultaneously, the ground beneath the two wolves's paws dropped a foot. A heartbeat later, it disappeared all together. Now there was nothing holding them above the snow covered floor of the cavern that had been beneath them.

Kae raised her head and let out a howl once more. But, hearing a rumbling sound behind her, she cut herself off halfway through to see what was happening. She only had a moment to experience the shock of seeing her two aquaintences falling out of sight before the snow beneath her paws lurched towards the new hole. The golden-brown she-wolf, caught in a mini avalanche, could only yell out as she was pulled down the hill and into the opening after Silence and Jury.

Lol The floor is covered in a soft pile of snow, so they won't get hurt unless they land awkwardly. As for the cavern, it's a basic circular room with four large, arching entryways, each of them dark, short tunnels that each lead somewhere. 
Above each entryway, carved into the stone, are simple symbols that signify which direction (North, East, South, West) each tunnel leads. I will let whoever replies first decide what those symbols are. They can be anything-arrows, letters, drawings of animals, whatever!
The West tunnel, however, is completely closed off by a large stone slab. At first glance, it looks like part of the cavern wall.
Also, I am going to use basic structure to describe this underground location, so I will leave it up to you guys to create the detail as the characters go through this place. So what's in this room? Is it empty with just the snow, or is there more~)

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence let out as manly of a yelp as possible when he was suddenly falling into the hole. Somehow, he managed to land on his paws, probably a bad thing, as it jarred his joints quite a bit, but his 'grace' was immediately interrupted by Jury falling on top if him. It took all of Silence's willpower to not let out another she-pup like yelp as he was knocked to the snowy floor in a tangle of limbs and fur.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury made a noise of surprise as the thing in her jaws shot through her teeth, heart lurching as the ground beneath her paws fell the foot. She steadied herself, about her pick herself up from her slight crouch she'd been in to keep on her feet when the rest of the ground suddenly vanished. She let out a startled yelp as they fell, not having a chance to process much before crashing on top of Silence. Lucky for her, the giant Yukon and his fluffy pelt broke her fall quite well, though she didn't land very gracefully. A heap of confused fur and legs described her landing more accurately in all honesty, though she'd never admit to that. 

The black wolf grumbled as she blinked her eyes open with a shake of her head to clear the snow from her face. She stared up at where they'd fallen from with narrowed eyes, squinting at the snow still clinging to her face and bright sheen of the snow. A quick look around the cavern revealed Kae nearby, seemingly fine, to her relief. Her pups still needed her. Another glance around showed no Silence- until she noticed the snowy fur under her and promptly shoved herself off of him in embarrassment, kicking him in the process and landing in one of the many new snow piles. She was on her feet in a heartbeat, choosing to focus on where they were instead of her ungraceful landing on the poor wolf. 

The archways caught her curiosity fairly quick, causing her to once more shake off in a futile effort to clear the snow stuck to her fur and walk up to the closest one. The North, marked with the head of a wolf. She glanced at the others, each having a similar theme. The East bore a carving of a bobcats face, the South a snake, and the West an elks head. 

"Hey- you guys should stop lounging around and come look at these," Jury quipped, of course knowing full well why they were on the ground and that they weren't resting.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence made an incoherent noise when Jury kicked him in the process of getting off top of him, and eventually managed to scramble to his feet as well, only just as Jury was saying something about lounging around. He opened his jaws to reply, before truly taking in the room for the first time, and shut them. 

Indeed, it was a strange place they had now entered, and for some reason, the part that caught his eye first was that although there seemed to be tunnels leading in three directions, at a closer glance, the western archway was blocked off. He walked slowly over, looking up at the carving of an elk's head marking the blocked tunnel. "What...is this place?" He asked, half to himself, half to the others.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

(Silence and Jury Lol )

Kae had landed in a soft pile of snow right in front of Silence, sending up a poof of flakes upon impact. Snow fell on top of her, and sprinkled on the two wolves behind her, waterfalling from above until stopping. She lay buried for a moment before wriggling and bursting out of the pile on her own. She shook the snow from her pelt checking to make sure her two acquaintances were alright.
Seeing that they were, she looked up to where they fell from. She was able to catch a small circle of daylight before the hole completely closed up. It should have left the three in complete darkness, but there were clusters of crystals scattered across the ceiling that glowed an unnatural blue, giving them enough light to see.
Hearing Jury and Silence talking, she turned her attention to them.

"This can't be a naturally formed cavern," Kae stated as she followed after the Yukon while looking over her surroundings, "It's too...neat. Too symmetrical."

The golden-brown she-wolf then turned her focus to the elk carving above the closed off West tunnel. Who created this place?

In the center of the stone slab that blocked the tunnel was a large symbol that looked like this:

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Outskirts) - Page 3 344zhnr
Kae had only looked over the symbol a moment when she picked up two familiar scents in front of the slab.

"M-My pups! I smell them!" she cried out in surprise as she bounded past the Yukon wolf. The slab preventing her from going further, she whimpered and pawed at the stone. Then she stiffened, pricking her ears. Was it her imagination, or-

"Is someone there?" a muffled voice called from the other side.

"Oh my goodness! Ruhn! Kwin!" Kae barked excitedly.

"Mom!"

"Mom? It's really her?! Mom!"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Hearing no reply, Roth entered the hollow on mere curiously. Having not seen Fayru ever leave, he wondered what she could be doing that kept her so busy. 

"Fayru?

The masked bird pushed past the moss doorway and studied the dim room, searching with his eyes for an answer. He finally spotted the falcon after a moment, standing by the bookcase across the room. "Oh, there you are."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:Hearing no reply, Roth entered the hollow on mere curiously. Having not seen Fayru ever leave, he wondered what she could be doing that kept her so busy. 

"Fayru?

The masked bird pushed past the moss doorway and studied the dim room, searching with his eyes for an answer. He finally spotted the falcon after a moment, standing by the bookcase across the room. "Oh, there you are."
Sorry, I could have replied to the last post, but I forgot about Fayru. My bad XD)

Fayru was standing between the bookcase and a small dip in the floor diagonal from it, nested in the corner of the room. She was turned somewhat away from Roth with an open book in her wings. She was looking down at the letters through squinted eyes, seeming to be reading slowly and carefully.
The second time Roth spoke, she lifted her head towards him in surprise.

"Oh! Roth! How long...?" Without finishing her sentence, she chuckled sheepishly and closed the book. "My apologies. I was really focused, wasn't I?"

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Wildwing wrote:(Silence and Jury Lol )

Kae had landed in a soft pile of snow right in front of Silence, sending up a poof of flakes upon impact. Snow fell on top of her, and sprinkled on the two wolves behind her, waterfalling from above until stopping. She lay buried for a moment before wriggling and bursting out of the pile on her own. She shook the snow from her pelt checking to make sure her two acquaintances were alright.
Seeing that they were, she looked up to where they fell from. She was able to catch a small circle of daylight before the hole completely closed up. It should have left the three in complete darkness, but there were clusters of crystals scattered across the ceiling that glowed an unnatural blue, giving them enough light to see.
Hearing Jury and Silence talking, she turned her attention to them.

"This can't be a naturally formed cavern," Kae stated as she followed after the Yukon while looking over her surroundings, "It's too...neat. Too symmetrical."

The golden-brown she-wolf then turned her focus to the elk carving above the closed off West tunnel. Who created this place?

In the center of the stone slab that blocked the tunnel was a large symbol that looked like this:

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Outskirts) - Page 3 344zhnr
Kae had only looked over the symbol a moment when she picked up two familiar scents in front of the slab.

"M-My pups! I smell them!" she cried out in surprise as she bounded past the Yukon wolf. The slab preventing her from going further, she whimpered and pawed at the stone. Then she stiffened, pricking her ears. Was it her imagination, or-

"Is someone there?" a muffled voice called from the other side.

"Oh my goodness! Ruhn! Kwin!" Kae barked excitedly.

"Mom!"

"Mom? It's really her?! Mom!"
Jury's ears pricked up, swiveling a bit to face the noise of the pups before her head did so as well, quickly trotting over to Kae. She could hear them better now, too, picking up on their scent behind the stone.

"Thank the stars they're okay, I was getting worried when we weren't seeing any trace of them," she started, her relief and excitement quickly fading as she realized she had no clue how to reach them. She stared at the symbols with a worried frown, trying to think. Well, it was obviously pictures of the moon, but she didn't see how that would help. 

"How can we get to them? It's a wall- how did they even get there?" the black wolf wondered aloud, voicing her concerns as she looked at Silence, hoping he or Kae had some sort of idea.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence felt an eerie shiver go through him when he saw the symbols of the Moon. For some reason, he almost felt like he was being guided along as he went, and he felt it was...right, to follow the guidance. He began to sniff around the edges of the slab...there had to be a way to move it.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

By the sounds of their voices, the ages of the two male pups were closer to adulthood, yet still young enough to be in their mother's care. However, one of the two sounded significantly older than the other.

"Who's mom with?" the younger of the two asked after hearing Jury's voice. Then louder, "Mom, who is that?"

"Hold on, Kwin," the elder stated quickly. "The tunnel closed behind us after we stepped in," he informed in reply to Jury's question, "When we were dropped into that room-the one you guys are in-we didn't know what to do. So we decided to try and find a way out. We thought we could come back the way we came, but as soon as we entered this tunnel, we heard a loud crash behind us and this wall was suddenly here."

"You're trapped?!" Kae exclaimed in horror.

"There's another room behind us," Kwin said quickly to soothe his mother, "It's only three strides before this tunnel opens into it. We haven't gone in yet though."

"We're afraid the tunnel might close again if we do," Ruhn explained, "But we might not have a choice, because we can't find a way to open this back up..."

"It looks like this room is the same as the one you're in," Kwin continued, "I can see an Elk Head carving above the entryway straight across from us."

As the pups spoke, Kae helped Silence try and find a way to open the slab. But there was nothing she could find. No pressure slabs, no levers, no soft dirt to dig through... Not even enough space under the slab to wedge it open, if they could even find something to wedge through it with. And though one of the moons on the door seemed larger than the rest, they seemed to be just carvings. And even if they were something else, they were high enough that Silence would barely be able to reach the bottoms of the half-moons if he jumped. Unless he could jump higher than what Kae was estimating.

Kae backed away from the slab as her pups fell silent. She looked to Silence and Jury helplessly, and then at the slab that blocked her from her pups. She seemed to be at a loss. Opening the slab didn't seem to be an option. So what were the wolves to do?

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:Hearing no reply, Roth entered the hollow on mere curiously. Having not seen Fayru ever leave, he wondered what she could be doing that kept her so busy. 

"Fayru?

Sorry, I could have replied to the last post, but I forgot about Fayru. My bad XD)

Fayru was standing between the bookcase and a small dip in the floor diagonal from it, nested in the corner of the room. She was turned somewhat away from Roth with an open book in her wings. She was looking down at the letters through squinted eyes, seeming to be reading slowly and carefully.

"Oh! Roth! How long...?" Without finishing her sentence, she chuckled sheepishly and closed the book. "My apologies. I was really focused, wasn't I?"
Roth churred politely, his mask partially hiding his humor. "I've spent many nights just as lost in a good book. I trust the read gave you some knowledge of our circumstances? Or perhaps not. I doubt the owner of this hollow had many books on curses or storms."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"Fayru?

Roth churred politely, his mask partially hiding his humor. "I've spent many nights just as lost in a good book. I trust the read gave you some knowledge of our circumstances? Or perhaps not. I doubt the owner of this hollow had many books on curses or storms."
"Well... This particular book appears to be the journal of one named 'Nora'. Actually, it even says on the first page, 'Hello, this is Nora's journal'. I actually hesitated to read this, because I am not one to poke into another's private life. However, I... rationalized that it would be like reading an ancestor's journal, as Nora is long gone. I do hope she forgives me, should we ever meet..."

The she-falcon faded on that thought, forgetting to answer the question.

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Silence backed away from the closed off tunnel a pace or so, sitting back on his haunches and looking at the slab with a puzzled look. He looked over to the other tunnels; not much could be seen beyond the darkness in them. Suddenly he had an idea, and he slowly approached the north tunnel, marked with the wolf's head. The pull again, seeming to warn him. He stopped, and tilted his head slowly to one side. that would be a bad idea, he decided. Then his plans changed. He looked around, a quick scan revealing nothing much besides the piles of snow they had landed in. However, he did notice a few small bits of rubble in a nook near one of the tunnels. He trotted over, and, scooting a pebble along with his paws, brought it to the North tunnel, and flung it into the darkness.

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Jury frowned, staring at the moon symbols on the slab. They didn't look like anything at all, but why would they be there if they meant nothing? 

"Any ideas?" she asked to neither wolf in particular, trying to figure something out in her head before looking to see what Silence was doing. "Why exactly are you throwing pebbles?" she managed, giving him a dry glare, obviously seeing no purpose for it.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence backed away from the closed off tunnel a pace or so, sitting back on his haunches and looking at the slab with a puzzled look. He looked over to the other tunnels; not much could be seen beyond the darkness in them. Suddenly he had an idea, and he slowly approached the north tunnel, marked with the wolf's head. The pull again, seeming to warn him. He stopped, and tilted his head slowly to one side. that would be a bad idea, he decided. Then his plans changed. He looked around, a quick scan revealing nothing much besides the piles of snow they had landed in. However, he did notice a few small bits of rubble in a nook near one of the tunnels. He trotted over, and, scooting a pebble along with his paws, brought it to the North tunnel, and flung it into the darkness.

SilverstarWarrior wrote:Jury frowned, staring at the moon symbols on the slab. They didn't look like anything at all, but why would they be there if they meant nothing? 

"Any ideas?" she asked to neither wolf in particular, trying to figure something out in her head before looking to see what Silence was doing. "Why exactly are you throwing pebbles?" she managed, giving him a dry glare, obviously seeing no purpose for it.
Kae shook her head helplessly and stared at the slab, as if trying to see through it to her pups. And then, hearing Jury's dry tone, turned to see what Silence was doing.

The pebble Silence had thrown had something of a bluish tint to it, like most of the rocky structure it had been part of. When it sailed into the tunnel, nothing happened. Not until it hit the ground. The pebble skittered across the tunnel floor, and every time it connected, thin webs of dull blue sparks shot into existence, forming the weak outline of...Something, and followed after the pebble. These sparks, easy to miss as they were so short and spontaneous, stopped when the pebble stopped rolling.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

"Fayru?

"Well... This particular book appears to be the journal of one named 'Nora'. Actually, it even says on the first page, 'Hello, this is Nora's journal'. I actually hesitated to read this, because I am not one to poke into another's private life. However, I... rationalized that it would be like reading an ancestor's journal, as Nora is long gone. I do hope she forgives me, should we ever meet..."

The she-falcon faded on that thought, forgetting to answer the question.
".... Well, nevermind that. We had best be off as soon as you can fly. Clues can only help us for so long... we should visit the source." Roth turned to face a nearby window as he spoke.

"In the center of this island is a cave. Everything I've read and witnessed leads me to believe this cave somehow harbors the origins of these storms. If we're to ever leave, we need to know what's in this cave."

SilverstarWarrior

SilverstarWarrior
Bear

Wildwing wrote:
DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Silence backed away from the closed off tunnel a pace or so, sitting back on his haunches and looking at the slab with a puzzled look. He looked over to the other tunnels; not much could be seen beyond the darkness in them. Suddenly he had an idea, and he slowly approached the north tunnel, marked with the wolf's head. The pull again, seeming to warn him. He stopped, and tilted his head slowly to one side. that would be a bad idea, he decided. Then his plans changed. He looked around, a quick scan revealing nothing much besides the piles of snow they had landed in. However, he did notice a few small bits of rubble in a nook near one of the tunnels. He trotted over, and, scooting a pebble along with his paws, brought it to the North tunnel, and flung it into the darkness.

SilverstarWarrior wrote:Jury frowned, staring at the moon symbols on the slab. They didn't look like anything at all, but why would they be there if they meant nothing? 

Kae shook her head helplessly and stared at the slab, as if trying to see through it to her pups. And then, hearing Jury's dry tone, turned to see what Silence was doing.

The pebble Silence had thrown had something of a bluish tint to it, like most of the rocky structure it had been part of. When it sailed into the tunnel, nothing happened. Not until it hit the ground. The pebble skittered across the tunnel floor, and every time it connected, thin webs of dull blue sparks shot into existence, forming the weak outline of...Something, and followed after the pebble. These sparks, easy to miss as they were so short and spontaneous, stopped when the pebble stopped rolling.
Jury stared after the thrown pebble, squinting a bit as if not quite sure what she had seen. Humming in question, she quickly turned and grabbed another pebble in her jaws. She trotted back to stop beside Silence, staring at the already tossed pebble for a moment as if to mentally will it to allow the one in her mouth to do the same as it. The black wolf quickly tossed it, watching closely and then grinning and giving a jump after it, keeping quick pace beside it as she watched the blue spark to life and fade. 

Standing beside her pebble with a grin and wagging tail, her head shot up to face Kae and Silence. "Did you guys see that? What caused that? Gotta be some cave secret. Maybe something to do with all these caves and that closed section?" 

(my heart... i love Jury getting excited and not being mean and grumpy. she just needs some friends and cool science magic rocks)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum