The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands)

+2
Ruki
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 24]

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:(In Kale's hollow's remains there is only one book left that wasn't burned by the explosion and would be sitting at the edge of the treeline, half buried by debris, in the direction Kale left. It's a collection of short stories written by some owl, and looks innocent, but the bookmarked page is a story about a Panda's escape from a bamboo prison. Wink It was totally not left propped against the window where Kale calculated it would remain intact and slide exactly where it did, and totally not left behind as a sign to any allies that would come looking for him. It was also totally not a gift from Rinka for Kale's last hatchday, which would definitely not remind Rinka that she missed this years. Do with this information what you will... XD)
(Ah yes. The book's survival was totally not on purpose, I see. Kale is totally not that bad-A when it comes to stuff like that. And Rinka would totally not feel guilty about forgetting this year's hatchday, since she totally did not get him that specific book that just so happened to survive and coincidentally land in the direction he left. Totally would never happen... XD)
( Lol Oh, good, then we're agreed! XD)

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:(( Cardboard Cut Out of Thallus: ...... *falls over* ))

((One sec! I need to make his character bio!! *using a hair dryer to defrost the real Thallus*))
(Lol)
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Far north of the Queen's City, a small flock of birds of prey approached a circle of destroyed tree in the midst of a forest. From the head of the formation, Rinka looked to the center of the explosion, the horribly splintered home of her friend, with a grim expression on her face. Silently, the female Peregrine led her followers to hover above the destruction.

"Split up and scour the area for objects of interest. This includes anything that would not naturally be a part of this forest, such as items he might've had in his hollow, or..."

His body...

"Anything that could inform us of his whereabouts, I want to see it for myself. Bring it to me if you can. And if you can't, bring me to it. Also, stay in partnerships. Do not go anywhere if you cannot see or be seen by your partner. I will be here. Thallus, with me."

As her birds departed to carry out her orders, Rinka turned and swooped to a landing on the open space of the tree that used to be Kale's hollow. Once there, she began to examine what remained around her.

((Thallus: *busts out of the ice* I'm here! *kicks away cardboard cutout of himself))

The kite landed on a splinter of the destroyed hollow behind the falcon queen.

What happened here...

Thallus took a deep breath and sighed. "It doesn't smell like dragon fire... perhaps the falcon managed to escape."
(Yay! He's out of cryo now! XD)

Rinka nodded with her guard's assessment, having realized the same thing.
"I...I really hope he did," she murmured quietly. After a moment, she approached what used to be a wall of the hollow.
"There was an explosion that was powerful enough to knock Agathar back," she recited what she had been told, louder this time, "It blew this place apart. It even ripped some of the surrounding trees from the ground. But I'm not seeing any scorch marks. I don't think fire was involved..."
As she paused in thought, she scooped up a pile of ash and let it sift through her talons back to the splinters below.

The kite fluttered down from his perch and started shifting through ash, trying to see if he could find anything of use.

I'm a soldier not a detective...

The kite abandoned his digging in the ash and as he was walking over to Rinka to explain this was more than likely pointless--he let out a sharp cry of pain that quickly melted away into a stoic look. The kite picked up his talon and sticking out of it was a small golden splinter, blood starting to trickle out of the stab and onto the floor. "Huh... Your majesty! I may have found something!"
Rinka was not finding much either, but still she tried to find something. Even despite her lack of hope, she still tried to find anything that would show where Kale was, or even if he survived.

And what exactly would have survived an explosion to tell me that, she thought, not for the first time.

The Queen was standing in front of what used to be his desk, sifting through ash and tattered pieces of parchment halfheartedly. It was obvious that even though she was trying, she did not expect to find much. So she was in for a real surprise when she heard Thallus' cry of pain.
She whirled around with wide eyes to see the kite looking at his raised talon. From what she could see, he had no major injuries.
"Are you okay? What happened?" she asked as she walked over to meet him. Then, when she was close enough to look, she stared down in confusion at the golden splinter.

What...

"...May I?" she asked, her own talon hovering to his, ready to pull out the splinter for him if he granted her permission.

The kite nodded and put on a stone-cold face as the falcon plucked the splinter from his foot. His lip quivered a bit and one single tear trickled down his cheek and dripped on the floor.

"What.... is it?" he said through a gritted beak as he gingerly placed his foot back on the ground.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

((One sec! I need to make his character bio!! *using a hair dryer to defrost the real Thallus*))
(Lol)
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Far north of the Queen's City, a small flock of birds of prey approached a circle of destroyed tree in the midst of a forest. From the head of the formation, Rinka looked to the center of the explosion, the horribly splintered home of her friend, with a grim expression on her face. Silently, the female Peregrine led her followers to hover above the destruction.

"Split up and scour the area for objects of interest. This includes anything that would not naturally be a part of this forest, such as items he might've had in his hollow, or..."

His body...

"Anything that could inform us of his whereabouts, I want to see it for myself. Bring it to me if you can. And if you can't, bring me to it. Also, stay in partnerships. Do not go anywhere if you cannot see or be seen by your partner. I will be here. Thallus, with me."

As her birds departed to carry out her orders, Rinka turned and swooped to a landing on the open space of the tree that used to be Kale's hollow. Once there, she began to examine what remained around her.

((Thallus: *busts out of the ice* I'm here! *kicks away cardboard cutout of himself))

What happened here...

Thallus took a deep breath and sighed. "It doesn't smell like dragon fire... perhaps the falcon managed to escape."

"I...I really hope he did," she murmured quietly. After a moment, she approached what used to be a wall of the hollow.
"There was an explosion that was powerful enough to knock Agathar back," she recited what she had been told, louder this time, "It blew this place apart. It even ripped some of the surrounding trees from the ground. But I'm not seeing any scorch marks. I don't think fire was involved..."
As she paused in thought, she scooped up a pile of ash and let it sift through her talons back to the splinters below.

The kite fluttered down from his perch and started shifting through ash, trying to see if he could find anything of use.

The kite abandoned his digging in the ash and as he was walking over to Rinka to explain this was more than likely pointless--he let out a sharp cry of pain that quickly melted away into a stoic look. The kite picked up his talon and sticking out of it was a small golden splinter, blood starting to trickle out of the stab and onto the floor. "Huh... Your majesty! I may have found something!"
Rinka was not finding much either, but still she tried to find something. Even despite her lack of hope, she still tried to find anything that would show where Kale was, or even if he survived.

And what exactly would have survived an explosion to tell me that, she thought, not for the first time.

The Queen was standing in front of what used to be his desk, sifting through ash and tattered pieces of parchment halfheartedly. It was obvious that even though she was trying, she did not expect to find much. So she was in for a real surprise when she heard Thallus' cry of pain.
She whirled around with wide eyes to see the kite looking at his raised talon. From what she could see, he had no major injuries.
"Are you okay? What happened?" she asked as she walked over to meet him. Then, when she was close enough to look, she stared down in confusion at the golden splinter.

What...

"...May I?" she asked, her own talon hovering to his, ready to pull out the splinter for him if he granted her permission.

The kite nodded and put on a stone-cold face as the falcon plucked the splinter from his foot. His lip quivered a bit and one single tear trickled down his cheek and dripped on the floor.

"What.... is it?" he said through a gritted beak as he gingerly placed his foot back on the ground.
There was no way to be gentle while removing a splinter, but still Rinka tried to be careful. She gently, but firmly, held the back of his talon with her own to hold it still. Then she quickly plucked the splinter out with her beak. After letting go, she mumbled a quick apology to the kite before setting the splinter in the center of her talon.

"...It's definitely a metal," she replied after examining it, "I don't know what it used to be... But "gold" and "metal" remind me of the Raven devices... I mean, I understand those aren't the only things in the world that are golden and metal. There was an owl, a friend of Syrune's, who wore a golden mask and battle claws. But I don't think Kale would've had something like that... Can you find any more of these?"

As she asked, the Queen herself began looking closely at the ground for more splinters. She ended up finding one more good sized one in the ash and soon realized that the ash itself seemed to glitter like gold in the sunlight.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:

(Lol)
Ruki wrote:

His body...

What happened here...

What...

There was no way to be gentle while removing a splinter, but still Rinka tried to be careful. She gently, but firmly, held the back of his talon with her own to hold it still. Then she quickly plucked the splinter out with her beak. After letting go, she mumbled a quick apology to the kite before setting the splinter in the center of her talon.

"...It's definitely a metal," she replied after examining it, "I don't know what it used to be... But "gold" and "metal" remind me of the Raven devices... I mean, I understand those aren't the only things in the world that are golden and metal. There was an owl, a friend of Syrune's, who wore a golden mask and battle claws. But I don't think Kale would've had something like that... Can you find any more of these?"

As she asked, the Queen herself began looking closely at the ground for more splinters. She ended up finding one more good sized one in the ash and soon realized that the ash itself seemed to glitter like gold in the sunlight.

"Yes, your Majesty."

But not with my talons this time....

The kite proceeded to carefully walk about the room. He picked up another large shard in his beak. "These things are all over the place!" he declared through a shut beak as he started a small pile in the center of the ruins.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Rinka looked to his small pile with a nod, frowning in thought. What were these golden flecks? What did they used to be? Did it play some part in causing the explosion?

The queen was close to figuring out the answers to her question, but she didn't hit the mark. She was smart, but she wasn't that smart.

"Your majesty!"

Rinka turned at the call. A female osprey swooped over a ruined wall and hovered in front of the queen, holding a slightly damaged, ash covered book with both her talons. When the falcon took it from her, the osprey landed and settled her wings as Rinka looked over the find. The queen's eyes widened in recognition as she looked over the cover.

"Where did you find this?" she breathed.

"It was on the ground several hundred yards from this tree," the osprey replied with a nod to the northwest.

"Show me," Rinka ordered, then in a kinder tone, "Please."

With a nod, the osprey, followed by Rinka, took flight and landed moments later at the spot where she found the book, the ash there disturbed from where she removed it.

Last edited by Wildwing on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Rinka looked to his small pile with a nod, frowning in thought. What were these golden flecks? What did they used to be? Did it play some part in causing the explosion?

The queen was close to figuring out the answers to her question, but she didn't hit the mark. She was smart, but she wasn't that smart.

"You're majesty!"

Rinka turned at the call. A female osprey swooped over a ruined wall and hovered in front of the queen, holding a slightly damaged, ash covered book with both her talons. When the falcon took it from her, the osprey landed and settled her wings as Rinka looked over the find. The queen's eyes widened in recognition as she looked over the cover.

"It was on the ground several hundred yards from this tree," the osprey replied with a nod to the northwest.

With a nod, the osprey, followed by Rinka, took flight and landed moments later at the spot where she found the book, the ash there disturbed from where she removed it.

((Thallus: Well I found this! *holds up Loch Ness Monster* Better than a stupid old book!))

The male kite was jut about to proudly show his queen the pile of gold shards he had collected with the osprey announced her arrival with the book. His heart panged with jealously for a second until the falcon took flight. Thallus took flight and followed the Queen falcon and osprey until they landed in the spot the book was recovered.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Rinka looked to his small pile with a nod, frowning in thought. What were these golden flecks? What did they used to be? Did it play some part in causing the explosion?

"You're majesty!"

((Thallus: Well I found this! *holds up Loch Ness Monster* Better than a stupid old book!))

The male kite was jut about to proudly show his queen the pile of gold shards he had collected with the osprey announced her arrival with the book. His heart panged with jealously for a second until the falcon took flight. Thallus took flight and followed the Queen falcon and osprey until they landed in the spot the book was recovered.
(Rinka: Whoa! *applauds Thallus*)

(Ospery: *huffs in jealousy*)

Rinka stood in the place where the book had been recovered, holding said book under her right wing. She looked back towards Kale's hollow and imagined a straight line coming from there and passing directly through where she stood. She then looked ahead, her gaze following the imaginary line that continued onward.

"Northwest," she muttered, pointing in the direction she faced with her left wing, "He must have dropped this book as he fled... What is that way?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

"You're majesty!"

Rinka stood in the place where the book had been recovered, holding said book under her right wing. She looked back towards Kale's hollow and imagined a straight line coming from there and passing directly through where she stood. She then looked ahead, her gaze following the imaginary line that continued onward.

"Northwest," she muttered, pointing in the direction she faced with her left wing, "He must have dropped this book as he fled... What is that way?"

((I spent 20 minutes trying to find a map of the Pridelands to see where Kale's Hollow was so I could make accurate post))

The kite stared off in the direction in question.

Northwest...

He pondered for a moment, flicking a pebble with his talon. He had never really been that far North that many times. He could recall that a wolf camp use to be there but he no longer knew if it was in use, or if it was friend or foe. Then he remembered a lake that always seemed to have violent storms swirling around above it. But why would Kale be going that way?

"There's a lake up there... but the flying weather is always poor there for some reason. Perhaps he's fleeing into the storms so the dragons can't follow him?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands) - Page 14 American_kestrel_3

(So, this is an American Kestrel, one of the smallest birds of prey there is. They're barely bigger than a mouse and yet the still manage to catch and eat them. They're known to be feisty and usually bad tempered so training them in Falconer programs don't usually work. I say this because... )

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:The Wild Series: Reign of Ashes (Main Page/Pridelands) - Page 14 American_kestrel_3

(So, this is an American Kestrel, one of the smallest birds of prey there is. They're barely bigger than a mouse and yet the still manage to catch and eat them. They're known to be feisty and usually bad tempered so training them in Falconer programs don't usually work. I say this because...
Oh my gosh, it's so cute!! And the patterns are like a mixture of Peregrine and Red-Tail! Why do you say this? Wacko )

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

The sudden sound of distant wheezing and frantic breaths came upon the horizon, punctuated by rapid wingbeats as a rather tiny American Kestrel made her way towards Kale's Hollow. "My Queen!!!"

"Queen Rinka!!!" 

There were several seconds before the bird actually came over the treetops and down into the small grove. As fast as her tiny heart would let her, Dot 'rushed' to her queen, her small wings making what should have been a short glide into quite an ordeal as she skidded to a landing in front of her Queen. Completely out of breath, the young Kestrel frantically sat up, dirt now caking her blue-to-brown feathers. 

Still desperately trying to catch her breath, Dot got to her feet and then went back down again in a quick bow, barely able to gasp out something that sounded like "Greetings my Queen" and then "Sorry" as she got back up from her bow, wobbling like she might fall over.

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

"You're majesty!"

((I spent 20 minutes trying to find a map of the Pridelands to see where Kale's Hollow was so I could make accurate post))

Northwest...

He pondered for a moment, flicking a pebble with his talon. He had never really been that far North that many times. He could recall that a wolf camp use to be there but he no longer knew if it was in use, or if it was friend or foe. Then he remembered a lake that always seemed to have violent storms swirling around above it. But why would Kale be going that way?

"There's a lake up there... but the flying weather is always poor there for some reason. Perhaps he's fleeing into the storms so the dragons can't follow him?"
Rinka froze at Thallus' suggestion. A knot of dread forming in her stomach, her shoulders quietly drooped as she pondered the following. Storms made for the deadliest flying conditions. Chances of survival plummeted the longer one's journey, and the harsher the storm. She knew what lake her guard was talking about, she had seen those constant storms from a distance. If Kale really had flown into them in an effort to lose Agathar...
The queen let out a long breath. She had a lead in finding her friend, but even though she wanted to bring him back to safety, it would be incredibly stupid to go after him, assuming he had gone into the storms. She would have to leave her guards behind, otherwise their lives would be claimed by the relentless elements. And to ensure her own survival, she would have to take Phoenix form. And even then, trying to find him in the storms would be impossible. No sane bird would try such a thing. The only thing that could be done at this point was to wait for Kale's return, if he was still alive. Rinka would send patrols around the lake, she decided, to look for signs of Kale. If they were lucky, they'd find him soaked to the bone and exhausted somewhere along the beach, but alive. The image gave her hope, but reality had taught her that the chances of that happening were next to none.

"Gather the others," she quietly ordered the osprey.

"Yes, your majesty," the osprey replied with a respectful bow before flying off.

Rinka sighed and looked back towards Kale's destroyed hollow.
Jaystep wrote:The sudden sound of distant wheezing and frantic breaths came upon the horizon, punctuated by rapid wingbeats as a rather tiny American Kestrel made her way towards Kale's Hollow. "My Queen!!!"

"Queen Rinka!!!" 

There were several seconds before the bird actually came over the treetops and down into the small grove. As fast as her tiny heart would let her, Dot 'rushed' to her queen, her small wings making what should have been a short glide into quite an ordeal as she skidded to a landing in front of her Queen. Completely out of breath, the young Kestrel frantically sat up, dirt now caking her blue-to-brown feathers. 

Still desperately trying to catch her breath, Dot got to her feet and then went back down again in a quick bow, barely able to gasp out something that sounded like "Greetings my Queen" and then "Sorry" as she got back up from her bow, wobbling like she might fall over.
As her guards were gathering near her, Rinka blinked in surprise, straightening at the call. She turned towards it with a confused looked on her face. It took a moment for her to spot the small bird. Eyes widening in surprise, she turned to face the kestrel as she landed in front of her.

"Are you okay?" the queen questioned in concern as she steadied Dot with a wing, "It's okay, take your time."

Rinka was perplexed as to why this kestrel had pushed herself so much to reach her. Did she have a message?

Please tell me nothing else has happened...

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:

"You're majesty!"

Northwest...

Rinka froze at Thallus' suggestion. A knot of dread forming in her stomach, her shoulders quietly drooped as she pondered the following. Storms made for the deadliest flying conditions. Chances of survival plummeted the longer one's journey, and the harsher the storm. She knew what lake her guard was talking about, she had seen those constant storms from a distance. If Kale really had flown into them in an effort to lose Agathar...
The queen let out a long breath. She had a lead in finding her friend, but even though she wanted to bring him back to safety, it would be incredibly stupid to go after him, assuming he had gone into the storms. She would have to leave her guards behind, otherwise their lives would be claimed by the relentless elements. And to ensure her own survival, she would have to take Phoenix form. And even then, trying to find him in the storms would be impossible. No sane bird would try such a thing. The only thing that could be done at this point was to wait for Kale's return, if he was still alive. Rinka would send patrols around the lake, she decided, to look for signs of Kale. If they were lucky, they'd find him soaked to the bone and exhausted somewhere along the beach, but alive. The image gave her hope, but reality had taught her that the chances of that happening were next to none.

"Gather the others," she quietly ordered the osprey.

"Yes, your majesty," the osprey replied with a respectful bow before flying off.

Rinka sighed and looked back towards Kale's destroyed hollow.
Jaystep wrote:The sudden sound of distant wheezing and frantic breaths came upon the horizon, punctuated by rapid wingbeats as a rather tiny American Kestrel made her way towards Kale's Hollow. "My Queen!!!"

"Queen Rinka!!!" 

As her guards were gathering near her, Rinka blinked in surprise, straightening at the call. She turned towards it with a confused looked on her face. It took a moment for her to spot the small bird. Eyes widening in surprise, she turned to face the kestrel as she landed in front of her.

"Are you okay?" the queen questioned in concern as she steadied Dot with a wing, "It's okay, take your time."

Rinka was perplexed as to why this kestrel had pushed herself so much to reach her. Did she have a message?

Please tell me nothing else has happened...
Pausing for breath with every few words, Dot began to try and say her message, grateful for Rinka's comforting wing. "Patrol! .... In the Pridelands! ... I was patrolling ... saw Syrune! And two Falhawks! ... avoiding everyone ... the didn't see me ... but it looked like they were escaping .... from Shades! Think Syrune is ... breaking out from ... her captivity! And you said to tell you the moment ... that we found anything unusual, or got any sign of Syrune's whereabouts since we found out she was a captive ... so you said to tell you the instant we had news, and I tried to do just that, but you were just so gosh darn far away!"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Rinka's eyes flickered at Syrune's name. And then, after hearing about the two falhawks, both her wings shot to her face, covering her beak.

C...Can it really be?!

The queen listened to the rest of the kestrel's report in shocked silence, her heart pounding in her chest.

"...W-Where are they now?" she finally asked, trying to fight past the daze and tornado of emotions the information had brought on. She rested her wings on both of Dot's shoulders. "Do you know where they are?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Rinka's eyes flickered at Syrune's name. And then, after hearing about the two falhawks, both her wings shot to her face, covering her beak.

C...Can it really be?!

The queen listened to the rest of the kestrel's report in shocked silence, her heart pounding in her chest.

"...W-Where are they now?" she finally asked, trying to fight past the daze and tornado of emotions the information had brought on. She rested her wings on both of Dot's shoulders. "Do you know where they are?"
By now Dot had just managed to compose herself when Rinka began getting more intense. "I-I, yes, your majesty! I think! They were flying up from the lower Pridelands, or maybe the Muckwaters, and heading North! The only things I know of in the direction they were going is Kerija's Roost, or the mountains nearby. Conveniently the same area as the very beginning of the RP, your majesty. "

Dot watched with wide, excited eyes, hopeful that she had done a good job.

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Thallus tilted his head at the little kestrel huffing and puffing her story to the Falcon Queen. He listened intently and nodded, only speaking after she was finished. "Not to mention the further south we go the Shades shouldn't be nearly as intense. It seems like chasing Syrune is a lot less dangerous than going North to find Kale."

The kite looked up at the destroyed hollow and sighed. "And if he were clever enough to get away from a dragon, he should be just fine on his own."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:Rinka's eyes flickered at Syrune's name. And then, after hearing about the two falhawks, both her wings shot to her face, covering her beak.

C...Can it really be?!

By now Dot had just managed to compose herself when Rinka began getting more intense. "I-I, yes, your majesty! I think! They were flying up from the lower Pridelands, or maybe the Muckwaters, and heading North! The only things I know of in the direction they were going is Kerija's Roost, or the mountains nearby. Conveniently the same area as the very beginning of the RP, your majesty. "

"...Oh, I see what you did there Jay~"
Recognition flooded the queen's eyes. She knew the area all too well, Kerija's Roost being her birth place and the mountains in the area being the place where she first met... But why would Syrune and the two falhawks-Which two? she thought-head that way, instead of fleeing East away from Agathar's Burned Lands?
Many possibilities ran through Rinka's mind, but until she met with the trio, her guess was as good as anyone else's.
Ruki wrote:Thallus tilted his head at the little kestrel huffing and puffing her story to the Falcon Queen. He listened intently and nodded, only speaking after she was finished. "Not to mention the further south we go the Shades shouldn't be nearly as intense. It seems like chasing Syrune is a lot less dangerous than going North to find Kale."

The kite looked up at the destroyed hollow and sighed. "And if he were clever enough to get away from a dragon, he should be just fine on his own."
Even before Thallus said this, Rinka figured this was the case. Hearing it out loud was what pushed her to make her decision. After gazing to the Northwest one final time, the queen turned around to face her guards.
"There is nothing more we can do here," she declared, "I will send a small group back here to patrol the borders the lake to the North. They will be lookouts for any signs of Kale, but until we get a solid lead on his whereabouts, he is on his own. With that said, a more urgent matter is afoot. Preparations need to be made for a new mission of top priority. We leave for the city immediately, where I will explain the details to those involved."
With a signal from the queen, most of the guards began taking flight, falling into formation as they took to the skies. While this happened, Rinka turned back towards Dot and gave the small bird a sweet, grateful smile.
"Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea what this means to me," she said with a respectful nod. Then she paused, as if something had come to mind. "You flew a long ways to meet me, right? You are probably worn out. I would feel bad if you had to make another trip like that without rest. Would you like me to carry you until you've regained enough energy to fly?"

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

C...Can it really be?!

Recognition flooded the queen's eyes. She knew the area all too well, Kerija's Roost being her birth place and the mountains in the area being the place where she first met... But why would Syrune and the two falhawks-Which two? she thought-head that way, instead of fleeing East away from Agathar's Burned Lands?
Many possibilities ran through Rinka's mind, but until she met with the trio, her guess was as good as anyone else's.
Ruki wrote:Thallus tilted his head at the little kestrel huffing and puffing her story to the Falcon Queen. He listened intently and nodded, only speaking after she was finished. "Not to mention the further south we go the Shades shouldn't be nearly as intense. It seems like chasing Syrune is a lot less dangerous than going North to find Kale."

Even before Thallus said this, Rinka figured this was the case. Hearing it out loud was what pushed her to make her decision. After gazing to the Northwest one final time, the queen turned around to face her guards.
"There is nothing more we can do here," she declared, "I will send a small group back here to patrol the borders the lake to the North. They will be lookouts for any signs of Kale, but until we get a solid lead on his whereabouts, he is on his own. With that said, a more urgent matter is afoot. Preparations need to be made for a new mission of top priority. We leave for the city immediately, where I will explain the details to those involved."
With a signal from the queen, most of the guards began taking flight, falling into formation as they took to the skies. While this happened, Rinka turned back towards Dot and gave the small bird a sweet, grateful smile.
"Thank you so much for this information. You have no idea what this means to me," she said with a respectful nod. Then she paused, as if something had come to mind. "You flew a long ways to meet me, right? You are probably worn out. I would feel bad if you had to make another trip like that without rest. Would you like me to carry you until you've regained enough energy to fly?"
Dot listened earnestly to her Queen, nodding along with everything Rinka said as she waited in silence. She didn't know Kale personally, not many birds did with as much as he kept to himself, but the little Kestrel wished him well. She was pulled from her thoughts when the birds began to take to the air, and she lifted off after them without a moment of hesitation. 

At Rinka's offer, Dot's eyes widened in surprise. Her small face prickling with the heat of embarrassment and nerves as she flickered her gaze to the ground and back.  She replied with a bright, nervous smile. "Oh, no, no, your majesty! I can fly just fine! But thank you, thank you so much for the kindness-- but I agreed to be a Courier, and Couriers gotta fly! I'm right as rain, Queen Rinka!"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

The kite was amused by the heat of the little kestrel's face and her humble demeanor. 

Such a cute little thing, Thallus thought to himself as Dot reacted to the Falcon Queen's kindness. 

"So what's next?"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

C...Can it really be?!

Dot listened earnestly to her Queen, nodding along with everything Rinka said as she waited in silence. She didn't know Kale personally, not many birds did with as much as he kept to himself, but the little Kestrel wished him well. She was pulled from her thoughts when the birds began to take to the air, and she lifted off after them without a moment of hesitation. 

At Rinka's offer, Dot's eyes widened in surprise. Her small face prickling with the heat of embarrassment and nerves as she flickered her gaze to the ground and back.  She replied with a bright, nervous smile. "Oh, no, no, your majesty! I can fly just fine! But thank you, thank you so much for the kindness-- but I agreed to be a Courier, and Couriers gotta fly! I'm right as rain, Queen Rinka!"
"Very well," Rinka replied with a kind smile, "I am impressed with your enthusiasm. But please, if you do feel faint on the way back, please come to me, or even go to one of the guards. Your health and safety are important."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:The kite was amused by the heat of the little kestrel's face and her humble demeanor. 

Such a cute little thing, Thallus thought to himself as Dot reacted to the Falcon Queen's kindness. 

"So what's next?"
The queen was already hovering in the air when the question came.
"I do not have a solid plan yet, but hopefully the time it will take to reach the city will be all the time I need to make one. One thing is for certain. I am leading the best of my guards to recover Syrune and my-...and her cohorts. There will be a briefing at Queen's Rally covering all the details of the mission for those who choose to accept it. Speaking of which, Thallus. You are one of the best. Will you accompany your queen on this rescue mission?"

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:
Ruki wrote:The kite was amused by the heat of the little kestrel's face and her humble demeanor. 

"So what's next?"
The queen was already hovering in the air when the question came.
"I do not have a solid plan yet, but hopefully the time it will take to reach the city will be all the time I need to make one. One thing is for certain. I am leading the best of my guards to recover Syrune and my-...and her cohorts. There will be a briefing at Queen's Rally covering all the details of the mission for those who choose to accept it. Speaking of which, Thallus. You are one of the best. Will you accompany your queen on this rescue mission?"

Thallus smiled, closing his eyes and nodding softly. He took his right wing and folded it across his chest in a bowing gesture. "It would do me no greater honor, your Majesty." With that he flapped his wings and became airborne. While keeping himself steady, he turned to the kestrel and smiled.

"Are you ready to leave?"

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Rinka smiled and dipped her head to Thallus.

"Thank you," she clucked sincerely.

The book in her talons, and trusting her guard and the courier to join with the departing group, the queen turned and flew back to the destroyed hollow. Before she slowed to hover over the splintered floor, she plucked one of her feathers from the underside of her left wing. She carefully placed this feather somewhat under the pile of golden shards Thallus had gathered, and then bowed her head for a silent thought.

Kale. Wherever you are... Please be safe...

When she was finished, she turned and flew after her troops, gripping the book tighter in her talons.

This is the one I gave him for his hatchday. There's a bookmark, so it looks like he'd been reading it. I'm glad. I wonder what story he's on?

...This is the book I gave him, exactly one year ago from today. Today is his... And I completely forgot...

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

[ @SilverstarWarrior, Manik and Ninx + the Anti-Phoenix Group is now RP'd on this page, since their camp is nestled somewhere in the present day Appalachian mountains.]

Manik shifted uncomfortably, glancing around, a bit irritated. Why hadn't the bird arrived yet? Manik could only assume it would be difficult to find this spot given only written directions, delivered by a hired third party, especially when those directions were not only coded but also rather cryptic. So there he sat, perched high in a tall pine tree on the side of a long sloping ridge. It was a vantage point good enough without him being completely exposed, since the tree was down the side of the ridge a bit. This meeting would be important, it could mean something enormous. Something that could give them an edge over the Phoenix if it came to war. He guessed that there would be a high price fore something more effective than the silver battle-talons of his that clicked impatiently on the tree branch. Hopefully the price could be negotiated, but then again, Manik had no idea what kind of bird this was, species, or personality. So he waited, and hoped for the best.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:[ @SilverstarWarrior, Manik and Ninx + the Anti-Phoenix Group is now RP'd on this page, since their camp is nestled somewhere in the present day Appalachian mountains.]

Manik shifted uncomfortably, glancing around, a bit irritated. Why hadn't the bird arrived yet? Manik could only assume it would be difficult to find this spot given only written directions, delivered by a hired third party, especially when those directions were not only coded but also rather cryptic. So there he sat, perched high in a tall pine tree on the side of a long sloping ridge. It was a vantage point good enough without him being completely exposed, since the tree was down the side of the ridge a bit. This meeting would be important, it could mean something enormous. Something that could give them an edge over the Phoenix if it came to war. He guessed that there would be a high price fore something more effective than the silver battle-talons of his that clicked impatiently on the tree branch. Hopefully the price could be negotiated, but then again, Manik had no idea what kind of bird this was, species, or personality. So he waited, and hoped for the best.
The branch just above and behind Manik creaked as a second set of silver'd talons came to land among the pine needles. "I appreciate the caution. I hope you forgive mine as well."

The bird who spoke the soft words was black-feathered from beak to talon, almost equal in size to Manik, but much more tense. He was a Raven, one of very few left alive, and his eyes scanning the landscape betrayed just how he came to be one of three. There was a moment of observation before Archeus even looked down at the falcon, deciding first to ensure there were no more eyes in the trees. "Are your other sentries within earshot?"

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik didn't turn at first, annoyed that the other bird had landed behind him. "I left my guards far enough away, and yes, my other sentries are out of earshot. He turned, tilting his head at the black bird. Nothing like any bird he had ever seen, Manik noted the keen, searching eyes and the silver'd talons. Manik spoke slowly and clearly, eyes wandering from the other bird to the horizon and back again. 
"You've nothing to fear of me, as long as you aren't lying or an egotistical ball of unstable fire. I hear you have...certain things, however, that could prove useful in combating birds like that." He narrowed his eyes slightly, breathing in. "You'll find it valuable to be my ally, I give you my word on that. But try and cross me, and you'll regret surviving as long as you have."

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Manik didn't turn at first, annoyed that the other bird had landed behind him. "I left my guards far enough away, and yes, my other sentries are out of earshot. He turned, tilting his head at the black bird. Nothing like any bird he had ever seen, Manik noted the keen, searching eyes and the silver'd talons. Manik spoke slowly and clearly, eyes wandering from the other bird to the horizon and back again. 
"You've nothing to fear of me, as long as you aren't lying or an egotistical ball of unstable fire. I hear you have...certain things, however, that could prove useful in combating birds like that." He narrowed his eyes slightly, breathing in. "You'll find it valuable to be my ally, I give you my word on that. But try and cross me, and you'll regret surviving as long as you have."
Archeus' eyes sparkled with amusement at Manik's last comment, but he quickly blinked it out and maintained his focus. Many stronger than you have tried.

The Raven nodded in understanding, "I would say the same of each to you. I assume you are aware of the history of your mate and I's previous deal... and the consequences of it. I also assume you understand why this time I will not be committing fully to your whim. I warned her the Phoenix Prince had the capabilities required to escape the Ethyrium. I hope you understand the fault was not mine. I did all that I promised, and I never guaranteed perfect results.... we are lucky he only escaped for a few days. Unfortunately... well you saw what he brought with him when he died. So, this time I will be providing the particulars of our arrangement, lest we botch another assassination and bring a second Dragon into our lands. If you agree.... we will proceed."

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Manik nodded. "I agree." He ignored the amused sparkle in the raven's eyes, and shifted into a more comfortable position on the branch, ready to listen to the plan.

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

DwelleroftheEarth wrote:Manik nodded. "I agree." He ignored the amused sparkle in the raven's eyes, and shifted into a more comfortable position on the branch, ready to listen to the plan.
Archeus paused for a moment to be sure on his thoughts. "Then these are the terms I offer. Negotiation is considered, but I make no promises on how much I'll be swayed.... If you are in agreement, I offer the following. Four shipments of thirty pairs of pure silver battle-talons to be distributed once on each new moon beginning with the new moon tomorrow night. Two barrels of raw silver ore to be melted and molded as you see fit, these will be given tomorrow night as well. Additionally, I will supply you with a camouflage device for your camp. This device I would give you now, for the discreetness of your camp and my involvement are paramount to our success. It is a small contraption, but one of immense power. Once activated it will create the illusion from afar that your camp is simply an empty meadow. It is not a solid wall, but rather alike a sturdy mirage. It will cover a distance up to four hundred feet in multiple directions. I also offer a shipment to books detailing the history the Phoenix Guard. These volumes will give you further insight to the potential weaknesses of our mutual foe. Also... I am prepared to supply you with the location of the Phoenix's former base of operations, and information regarding a few still living Phoenix with ties to the Council's Royal Family. This information will come with a heftier price, and will be given to you much later, once I am satisfied with the progress of your movement. In return for these offerings, I would ask something of you in return. I ask for protection, a detachment of your soldiers, no less than six to use as I see fit... and I ask for the permission to dictate your targets in terms of where and when you strike at the enemy, until such time as I am convinced on your judgement."

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Dusk was fading into black by the time the crimson-eyed she-wolf re-entered the remains of Snow Wolf camp. Rose-or rather, Lupa-licked the last of her meal from her maw as she padded towards the scorched den.

While out hunting during the day, she had taken time to explore the territory immediately surrounding camp. The forest was a black skeleton. The foliage was thin, not enough to cover her form as she stalked prey. It was a miracle she had caught anything at all. But, even though the territory was a wreck, hope took form of the small patched of green that poked through ash and dirt. One day, this region would be the beauty it once was, if left alone. It could possibly become even more, if some took the time to nurture it.

Having found nothing else remarkable, the white and gray she-wolf sat in front of the den and waited.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum