The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

~Myths and Magic~

+2
Jaycrow
Jaystep
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

151~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:06 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

"I need to go, it was nice meeting you all!" Dia called as she started jogging backwards away. "Josh, please tell my mom I'm okay! Unless she doesn't know I was involved in this. Don't tell her I was if she doesn't! Bye Lee! Bye Mythagore dude!"

She turned around and was about to pass by James. She was also going to say bye to him, but after one look at him, she felt she needed to talk to him a bit more. She was already late school, so a few more minutes wouldn't matter anyway.
"Hey, agent dude. How did you get into the O.C.I.A anyway?" she asked after stopping in front of him.

152~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:"I need to go, it was nice meeting you all!" Dia called as she started jogging backwards away. "Josh, please tell my mom I'm okay! Unless she doesn't know I was involved in this. Don't tell her I was if she doesn't! Bye Lee! Bye Mythagore dude!"

She turned around and was about to pass by James. She was also going to say bye to him, but after one look at him, she felt she needed to talk to him a bit more. She was already late school, so a few more minutes wouldn't matter anyway.
"Hey, agent dude. How did you get into the O.C.I.A anyway?" she asked after stopping in front of him.
James paused at her approach, not expecting anymore conversations for the moment. He sighed at the question and shrugged aimlessly. 

"Uh, yeah, well you know... It's a long story. Not that it really matters now. This will be like my fifth failed case in a row, so... I don't expect to be employed much longer..."

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

153~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:17 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

(Got it! Just got it! I got the idea for the first case! Anyone mind if I lead or does someone else have a monster they want to hunt? Or we can split up and come together later. I have a creature for James in mind if anyone else wants on board! I also have Sam still to introduce so I can plop him into someone else's case if they want their character to hunt something different. My idea involves lots of reading and time-play!)

154~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:"I need to go, it was nice meeting you all!" Dia called as she started jogging backwards away. "Josh, please tell my mom I'm okay! Unless she doesn't know I was involved in this. Don't tell her I was if she doesn't! Bye Lee! Bye Mythagore dude!"

James paused at her approach, not expecting anymore conversations for the moment. He sighed at the question and shrugged aimlessly. 

"Uh, yeah, well you know... It's a long story. Not that it really matters now. This will be like my fifth failed case in a row, so... I don't expect to be employed much longer..."
"WHAAA??" The exclamation was dramatic, prompted by the possibility of James losing his job rather than his many failures. "What, no! All you needed to do was capture the werewolf, right? She's all cocooned now, so take her!"
As she was saying this, she waved one arm up and down rapidly in Granny's direction while comedic tears streamed down her face.

(Something like this:

~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Comedic_crying )

(AYE AYE CAPTAIN!! SAY THE WORD AND I'LL...go...hunt stuff. ...I failed XD Anyway, yes! I am okay with you taking the lead! So lead on! Very Happy )

155~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:40 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

"WHAAA??" The exclamation was dramatic, prompted by the possibility of James losing his job rather than his many failures. "What, no! All you needed to do was capture the werewolf, right? She's all cocooned now, so take her!"
As she was saying this, she waved one arm up and down rapidly in Granny's direction while comedic tears streamed down her face.

(Something like this:

(AYE AYE CAPTAIN!! SAY THE WORD AND I'LL...go...hunt stuff. ...I failed XD Anyway, yes! I am okay with you taking the lead! So lead on! Very Happy )
James smiled a little at Dia's enthusiasm, but his eyes darkened before he could share her desperation. "Well according to the werewolf who punched me in the face, granny wolf gets to go home with her to pay for her crimes the wolf way whatever that means. Unless you think you can convince her, I think I'll just mope and move on."

156~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:41 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

(Woohoo! All aboard! XD)

157~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

(Something like this:

James smiled a little at Dia's enthusiasm, but his eyes darkened before he could share her desperation. "Well according to the werewolf who punched me in the face, granny wolf gets to go home with her to pay for her crimes the wolf way whatever that means. Unless you think you can convince her, I think I'll just mope and move on."
Dia's first impulse was to throw herself at Liyana and beg the werewolf to let James take Granny. And she was close to doing that too, but she was snapped back to mature mode by common sense. She looked over her shoulder at Liyana with pursed lips, contemplating her options. Her heart went out to James, but she had an understanding of Liyana's 'wolf way' system as she'd heard why Liyana needed Granny for herself.

"Why'd they send you on your own?" Dia finally asked. She turned back to James with clear confusion on her face. "This was a legitimate case, right? So why didn't they send a whole team of you instead of just you? Even with police forces and authorities like the FBI and the CIA, they always send teams to take down an enemy. Agents are never sent on their own, even if they're the best of the best!"

So were they purposely setting you up to fail? Did they want you get hurt, because they had to know you were hunting a werewolf? Or did you intentionally go off on your own?

158~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:(Woohoo! All aboard! XD)
*blows conch horn* Lol )

159~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:16 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

(Something like this:

Dia's first impulse was to throw herself at Liyana and beg the werewolf to let James take Granny. And she was close to doing that too, but she was snapped back to mature mode by common sense. She looked over her shoulder at Liyana with pursed lips, contemplating her options. Her heart went out to James, but she had an understanding of Liyana's 'wolf way' system as she'd heard why Liyana needed Granny for herself.

"Why'd they send you on your own?" Dia finally asked. She turned back to James with clear confusion on her face. "This was a legitimate case, right? So why didn't they send a whole team of you instead of just you? Even with police forces and authorities like the FBI and the CIA, they always send teams to take down an enemy. Agents are never sent on their own, even if they're the best of the best!"

So were they purposely setting you up to fail? Did they want you get hurt, because they had to know you were hunting a werewolf? Or did you intentionally go off on your own?
James blinked, surprised the the inquisitive young woman. "Well, yeah, normally you're right. I have a partner actually! He's working on something else right now. Technically we're a team, but... We kinda had an argument. We took took two cases for the week, he wanted one and I wanted the other, we disagreed and he suggested we split up.... He got his target just fine, apparently there was a baby Phoenix trying to take over the world from inside the torch of the Statue of Liberty."

160~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:34 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:
Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

(Something like this:

James blinked, surprised the the inquisitive young woman. "Well, yeah, normally you're right. I have a partner actually! He's working on something else right now. Technically we're a team, but... We kinda had an argument. We took took two cases for the week, he wanted one and I wanted the other, we disagreed and he suggested we split up.... He got his target just fine, apparently there was a baby Phoenix trying to take over the world from inside the torch of the Statue of Liberty."
Dia was about to speak, but Wild suddenly stuck her arm out right in front of her face in her excitement. "BAD WOLF BAD WOLF BAD WOLF!!" she was squealing as she pointed madly to the announcements.

Dia stared at James for a long moment. And then her mouth crinkled upwards and she snorted with the beginnings of laughter. "A baby- I'm sorry, that-that sounds adorable," she snickered, picturing a fist-sized soft, orange baby bird chirping helplessly inside the torch.

(*looks to Tyrin with one eyebrow raised*)

Dia then coughed into her fist to stop the snickering. "Anyway, that was dumb. Teamwork is essential with these types of things. There are even classes on teamwork at the police academy-wait I'm scolding you and I barely even know you. Awkward. ...New subject! The reason why I asked how you joined O.C.I.A.: I want to join. I had my heart set on the law enforcement career path anyway, and it seems funner with all this magical stuff involved. So how old do I have to be and where can I sign up?"
As she finished, she pressed her hands together and flashed James a toothy, sheepish grin.

161~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

{TYPING A HTingi Very Happy}

162~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:58 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

At that very moment, an extremely stressed looking woman stepped out of a police car as several pulled up, and as the woman locked eyes on Dia, she let out a half-gasp, almost tripping in her haste to rush to the young girl's side. "OHMYGOODNESSAREYOUOKAY?!?!?" she near-screamed, half-tackling Dia in a tight embrace. 

"Everything started happening at once and I couldn't keep my mind off of you walking on your way to school all alone with everything crazy going on and werewolves and flying people and cars crashing and I heard about most of it but oh my goodness it's just so god to see you're--!" she froze when she saw thew little bit of blood on Dia's neck, and went pale as a sheet. 

"OHMYGOODNESSMYLITTLEBABY!!!!" She then screamed, and sent a glare of fiery daggers at James as if he was the one to blame since he was standing right there. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?! ARE YOU OKAY?!" the woman started shaking, and clutched Dia in her arms, looking around frantically, eyes wide. She shook more violently for a moment, and then, suddenly still, a faint glow surrounded her, and a bit of the glow moved around Dia, then it vanished in a blink. The woman was still, not even breathing, and then a moment later, she seemed to go into fast-forward to catch up, babbling at incoherent speeds and moving in a blur, sweeping Dia up into her arms and retreating to the side of the police car she had come from.

163~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

((I can't help it here comes Briar! Oh and the phoenix was Ki she's the only one that'd want to take over the world in angst and brooding like always))

A grey 2014 Ferrari California gently pulled up to the curb beside everyone. Out of the nice car shuffled a petite and very anxious Briar Morrison. Her skin was pristine and pale, like untouched snow on a cold winter's night, with freckles lightly kissing her face and arms. A pair of brass color classes rested on her face and her platinum blonde hair was in a messy ponytail when made her look more angelic and not like a Founding Father. She wore a nice black dress with a white lab coat and a OCIA badge dangling from a flowery lanyard around her neck.

"Oh James," she cooed. Briar had a faint German accent she retained from childhood but besides that her voice was calm and sweet. "What have you gotten yourself into this time?" The woman pulled her purse in front of her and unclasped it and produced sterile pads, and as soon as she tore the package open she began dabbing at a cut on James' forehead.

Josh couldn't help it but to snicker at the exchange. Liyana just watched with her arms folded.

164~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Earth's Eco wrote:At that very moment, an extremely stressed looking woman stepped out of a police car as several pulled up, and as the woman locked eyes on Dia, she let out a half-gasp, almost tripping in her haste to rush to the young girl's side. "OHMYGOODNESSAREYOUOKAY?!?!?" she near-screamed, half-tackling Dia in a tight embrace. 

"Everything started happening at once and I couldn't keep my mind off of you walking on your way to school all alone with everything crazy going on and werewolves and flying people and cars crashing and I heard about most of it but oh my goodness it's just so god to see you're--!" she froze when she saw thew little bit of blood on Dia's neck, and went pale as a sheet. 

"OHMYGOODNESSMYLITTLEBABY!!!!" She then screamed, and sent a glare of fiery daggers at James as if he was the one to blame since he was standing right there. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?! ARE YOU OKAY?!" the woman started shaking, and clutched Dia in her arms, looking around frantically, eyes wide. She shook more violently for a moment, and then, suddenly still, a faint glow surrounded her, and a bit of the glow moved around Dia, then it vanished in a blink. The woman was still, not even breathing, and then a moment later, she seemed to go into fast-forward to catch up, babbling at incoherent speeds and moving in a blur, sweeping Dia up into her arms and retreating to the side of the police car she had come from.
"Whoa, what! Mom?!" Dia squeaked as stumbled back a step, trying and failing not to get grabbed.

Oh crap!

"Mom calm down, I'm fine, seriously-" She was speaking at the same time as her mother, trying to get the woman to calm down. But then as her mom went still, as if she were frozen in time, Dia went silent and gaped at her in confusion. "Uh... Mom?- What the heck?!" She stared at the glow in confusion, and then tried to look to James to see if he'd seen. But then when her mom was suddenly moving again at 'what the heck?!' speeds, she made another surprised squeak and was suddenly being pulled away.

"Mom, stop, hold on! Wait, I wasn't done here, Mom!" Dia protested while her mother dragged her away.

165~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:34 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

"Wh-" James was taken off-guard by the sudden simultaneously embarrassing events. He was in the middle of taking a card from his wallet to give to Dia when her mother began dragging her away, at the same time, Briar had pulled up and rushed over.

A very confused James stammered out a greeting to the medic and flashed a smile.

166~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:40 am

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Briar smiled back, cooing over the soon-to-be-ex agent. "And if you're wondering how I found you... you left your tracker on her ID card." She flashed a flirty smile.

167~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:56 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

A young man looking similar to Mark waltzed up at that moment, eyeing Mark at first, and then letting out a loud wolf whistle at the sight of James. He sauntered over, looking the guy up and down, and gave a giant wink. "Howdy 'ere mister! How you doooooin'?"

168~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:00 am

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Earth's Eco wrote:A young man looking similar to Mark waltzed up at that moment, eyeing Mark at first, and then letting out a loud wolf whistle at the sight of James. He sauntered over, looking the guy up and down, and gave a giant wink. "Howdy 'ere mister! How you doooooin'?"

(( Briar pulled out her pen and stabbed the wanna-be McCree in the throat. "Back off" ))

169~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:02 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

He fell over and died dramatically.

170~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Ruki wrote:Briar smiled back, cooing over the soon-to-be-ex agent. "And if you're wondering how I found you... you left your tracker on your ID card." She flashed a flirty smile.
James smiled back politely, waving her hand away from his head and straightening his jacket absentmindedly. "I'm fine! And yeah, I'm so glad you're ... always watching my every move on the tracker." He teased, fishing his wallet back out and quickly trying to find his OCIA ID to promptly end any more potential stalking.

171~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Jaystep wrote:
Ruki wrote:Briar smiled back, cooing over the soon-to-be-ex agent. "And if you're wondering how I found you... you left your tracker on your ID card." She flashed a flirty smile.
James smiled back politely, waving her hand away from his head and straightening his jacket absentmindedly. "I'm fine! And yeah, I'm so glad you're ... always watching my every move on the tracker." He teased, fishing his wallet back out and quickly trying to find his OCIA ID to promptly end any more potential stalking.

Briar stuck her tongue out playfully. "I was actually looking for Oxton but instead I found you," she tucked her medical supplies back in her purse and tucked a stray whisp of hair back behind her ear. She chuckled warmly and shyed away from James; she couldn't stop her face turning a bright rosy pink.

172~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Ruki wrote:
Jaystep wrote:

Briar stuck her tongue out playfully. "I was actually looking for Oxton but instead I found you," she tucked her medical supplies back in her purse and tucked a stray whisp of hair back behind her ear. She chuckled warmly and shyed away from James; she couldn't stop her face turning a bright rosy pink.
James only half heard what Briar said as he watched Dia being dragged off. He turned to Briar with an apologetic smile, "H-Hold on, I have to save our new recruit!" 
By the time he turned back to Dia she was already in the car, to which James sighed in exasperation and frantically motioned for her to roll down her window, knowing full well that her mom was about to speed away. 

A flicker of cyan magic sprang from his wrist as he threw the OCIA card towards her window like a ninja star.

173~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Dia was sitting in the passenger seat with crossed arms and a pouty expression. She happened to look out her window towards the people she'd just met when she saw James and his 'roll down the window' motions. With a look of surprise, she did just that.
She was almost a second too late, but she managed to catch the card between her index and middle fingers before it hit her face.

Holy crud, did anyone see that?? I'm so skilled!

That was the expression on her face after she realized her perfect catch. Then her eyes lit up even more when she looked over the card.

"THANK YOU!" she shouted from her window.

"Hey! Don't get fired! You have to train me first!" she added, sticking halfway out the window as the car pulled away.

174~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Dia was sitting in the passenger seat with crossed arms and a pouty expression. She happened to look out her window towards the people she'd just met when she saw James and his 'roll down the window' motions. With a look of surprise, she did just that.
She was almost a second too late, but she managed to catch the card between her index and middle fingers before it hit her face.

Holy crud, did anyone see that?? I'm so skilled!

That was the expression on her face after she realized her perfect catch. Then her eyes lit up even more when she looked over the card.

"THANK YOU!" she shouted from her window.

"Hey! Don't get fired! You have to train me first!" she added, sticking halfway out the window as the car pulled away.
James waved with a cheery smile, "No way! They couldn't fire this face!" He called after Dia as the car sped off. He immediately turned to Briar, his smile all but gone. "So they're absolutely gonna fire me... The wolf that killed that little girl got picked up by another Were first. Also the Were that punched me in the face. And probably cost me my job.... she was kinda cute though..."

(James knows the 3 things needed to get Briar's rage activated to help with the situation Lol "she hurt me" "she took away all the money I could have spent on you" and "she seemed attractive" )

175~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

A fire ignited in Briar's gentle eyes as the soft hairs on her arms and neck bristled up.

"Who is she? ... Where is she?" she was a woman on a mission and was willing to do anything to impress James.

176~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

A day had passed... Since Briar had headed out in search of a lead on the disappearing punchy wolf lady. With a giggle and a swish of her hair, Briar had promised to give James a call when she found something and promptly left with a jealous rage burning in her eyes. James, having no place to stay other than wherever he happened to sleep, had texted Sam fourteen times trying to get permission to stay at his apartment. After a lengthy negotiation about how much James was gonna totally clean up the place, man, and not touch the pizza in the fridge, dude, James flopped onto a very nice white couch in Sam's apartment and had slept the night away.

James, hair a mess and in the exact same clothes as the day before, swung open the fridge door and stared at the leftover pizza again. He let out a grumbly groan and opted for the nearby coffee maker instead. He checked his phone while he waited for the delicious bean water to finish brewing and was crestfallen to discover not a single person had tried to contact him overnight. Typical. He did learn that it was 9:47 am though, and glared angrily at the happy morning light filling the small but tidy apartment. He skated in socks across the tile kitchen floor and towards the carpet that lead into the living room and returned to his couch of sanctuary. He flopped his head back down on the arm and stretched out, waiting for the ding! that meant breakfast (coffee) was finished brewing. He paused for a moment as he recalled Sam had not exactly told him he could use said coffee maker... and quickly decided he didn't' really care and that the consequences were something future James would have to deal with.

No ding! How long did this coffee take exactly? James' eyes wandered to the remote that was just out of reach. He blinked himself awake enough for magic, and used the otherworldly power to manipulate the space around him tap into nearly limitless mental energy-- and pushed "on" on the TV remote with a blue tendril of magic. After a second, the screen sprung to life with the news. Something about a new baby otter at the Zoo downtown. Meh. Still no ding!

He magically flipped the channel at random, trying to find anything interesting to watch and stopped on some weird animated show with a big anthropomorphic wolf. James stopped for a moment, a giddy childness springing up in him as he watched the morning cartoon. There was a huge, gruff wolf guy on screen with a metal eye-patch and a big cigar in his muzzle. He had on some kind of mix between body armor and military fatigues. The wolf was also holding a huge, smoking laser gun and a stern look.

"I'd like tuh see them space spiders try to take over mah ship again!" The wolf reloaded his gun and switched the side of his mouth the cigar was in with his jaw.

A beep came from the wolf's earpiece.

"Captain Drellan! Requesting permission to re-route Space-Force soldiers to bay two?"

The wolf gave a big grumble. "No need, Special Agent Fayru-- I can defend mah own ship!"
Captain Drellan pointed the barrel of his gun at the screen. "Let's see what ya got, ya Nazi Space Spiders! The WildStar is the sturdiest ship in the galaxy!"

James switched the channel again, already getting bored. For a moment the TV stopped on some interview with a well dressed bass player.

"So tell us again Mr. Mills, how exactly you came up with your newest single, Silence on Earth!"

The bass player nodded slowly, stroking his chin. "Well, like... basically... I played like, nothing at all.
And see that really hit me. We hear so much music every day, I mean who's out there playing silence? It's the start of the revolution, man. I mean like... what is life without silence? What is love?"

James witched the channel again with a short laugh and a roll of his eyes. This one was some kind of debt relief commercial, and he was going to switch right to the next one when the name on the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen caught his eye. James Carter. James raised a brow. He seriously had the same name as a debt relief sales guy? He faltered in his channel surfing just long enough to hear what the guy was saying.

"Do you ever feel like your alone, floating on a couch in a sea of debt?"

James chuckled, muttering to himself. "I mean, kinda..."

"Do you feel like you have no place to call your home, because the debt has taken it from you? Maybe your staying with a friend now?"

James was enthralled. The random, well dressed, clean shaven guy on TV was practically describing his life without really describing it.

"Maybe your waiting on that one phone call to practically save your life?"

James nodded slowly.

"What if I told you, I can save your life! Just listen carefully, and I'll help you stay out of the cross-hairs of debt collectors!"

James got more comfortable in the couch cushions.

"If you move now on these opportunities, you'll stay out of the line of debt fire like avoiding a sniper!"

Something prickled on the back of James' neck. It was such an odd phrase to say.

"That's right, get down here right now! Or you'll be blown away by the newest APR rates!"

James noticed something out of the corner of his eye on the building across the street, enough to cause him to glance away from the TV for half a second. A shutter on a window across from his had just gone up, but he couldn't see who had been on the other side.

"Hurry now to save your life! You only have five seconds to get this deal! Get down now, or you'll regret it!"

The TV continued to go as James watched the window across the building slowly slide up ever so slightly.

"If my name is James Carter, I should get. the. heck. down! NOW!"

In the fraction of a second, James saw the barrel of the rifle poking through the open window across the street, and rolled off the couch just as his window exploded and the cushions where he had been puffed into the air from the impact of the gunshot. A second shot pierced through the TV and turned it off, exploding the carpet where James had just dove away from. In a matter of seconds, gunfire erupted all over the apartment from the window across the street as the sniper took and missed shot after shot. All the while James yelled and dove behind the island separating the kitchen and living room. Shots shattered the glasses and vases above his head, and James knew he had to get the heck out of there. With a kamikaze scream, he rolled to the door a few feet away and pulled it open as bullet holes appeared all over it. He threw up a tendril of magic to block the shots coming from behind him as he slammed the door shut and emerged into the stairwell of the apartment building and sprinted down. From all the rooms around him he could hear screaming and yelling as chaos erupted. As he sprinted down the staircase he realized his phone was still in his hand and buzzing. With a quick glance he looked down. A text had just been received from an unknown number.

NOT DOWN

James froze in place just before he reached the bottom flight of stairs. Before he could decide if the text was real or not, someone kicked in the door to the lobby floor. A huge, masked, body armor wearing guy holding the rifle from across the street was now just below him.

"Oh shi-" James spun around and took off back up the stairs, heading for the roof as the sniper took off after him. The gun went off several more times as James yelled his way back up the stairs, ricocheting off the metal handrails beside him. "WHAT THE HECK DUDE?!"

James shouldered his way back into Sam's holy apartment, a very crazy and not at all well thought out plan in his head. He was definitely going to jump out the shattered window, six stories up.

Oh my god, I'm gonna jump out the shattered window, six stories up! James realized, hesitating on the edge. He knew he'd be okay. He'd used his magic to slow his falling before. Heck he'd even teleported short distances once or twice, but a primal fear of heights kicked in.

...Unfortunately, the apartment door also kicked in, and James had a much worse fear of guns than he did of heights. James took one look at the armored sniper, his eyes huge with shock. The sniper took aim, but the gun had run out of bullets. Instead of shooting, the guy charged at James with a roar. In response, James practically back-flipped out of the shattered apartment window. "GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

ding!

177~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:29 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

What a blessed Saturday this was. After nearly being killed by a werewolf the day before, Dia had badly needed to sleep in. And so she was able to wake up at 9:30 am. The next 15 minutes were a blur as she got up, threw on the same outfit as yesterday, and somehow made it to the kitchen. Mom wasn't home, and all they had in the pantry were ingredients. Lazy and hungry, Dia grabbed some of her allowance and walked out of the house at 9:47 am.

By the time she walked into the nearest convenience store, Dia was able to awaken fully.
"Now what do I want to eat..." she asked out loud to herself.

178~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:13 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

"Hi how are ya, welcome to Rue Key's," came a dull voice from behind the counter. Mark cast a half-glance at Dia and almost returned to straightening the perfectly arranged counter before doing a double take. He let out a half-cough and his eye twitched before he recovered, blinking. "Let me know if you need any help..."

179~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:00 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Dia raised an eyebrow at Mark. "Ya, thanks," she said, not impolitely. Then her attention immediately went to the bagged sandwiches stocked on the shelves. She was in front of them in an instant and the mental struggle for which one she should buy began. In the back of her mind, she was wondering where she had seen the clerk before...

180~Myths and Magic~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~Myths and Magic~ Tue May 01, 2018 2:45 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Dia jolted and blinked in confusion. She had only been standing there a minute, but for some reason it felt as if so much time had passed. Did she have a dissociating moment or something. Deciding not to worry about it too much, she shrugged to herself and resumed with her decision making.

"I love the name of this store," a young woman with curly black hair laughed as she walked in with her friend.

"I thought we had a job to do?" the grumpy looking woman in the oversized leather jacket grumbled.

"Ya, ya, but I wanted to stop for ice cream!" the cheerful one giggled while at the same time giving Mark a friendly wave.

"Should I have a ham sandwich?..." Dia muttered to herself, oblivious as the grumbling woman was dragged to the ice cream section somewhere behind her. "Maybe turkey..."
As she was thinking to herself, she heard bits of a conversation about blue jays, a rookie, and echos. And then there was some snapping about curly hair being a dummy or something. She also thought she heard something about bacon, which reminded her of ham, which then helped her decide.
"Ham sandwich it is!" she smirked as she snatched her new prize and headed to the front to pay for it. The two women had beat her to the cashier with one box of strawberry cheesecake ice creams on a Popsicle stick. Dia forgot what they were called, but she saw the picture of the desert on the side of the box they rest in.

"Here ya go!" curly hair beamed as she handed the desert over for Mark to scan. Meanwhile, the grumpy faced woman was looking away with almost a pout on her face, and crossed arms.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum