The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Great Random Chat Thread

+3
Ruki
Jaycrow
SilverstarWarrior
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 31]

811The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:19 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

lol

'cause like

I'm only topped on that by you Razz

812The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Oh yes. After having a full day to mull it over, I think I'm onto something great. Some brand new, potentially wonderful plot eggs are now cooking...

You know when you take a break from something for a long time and when you come back you see it in a whole new light all of a sudden? Everything suddenly clicks! Or you re-think something so many times the exact same way until one time you think, hey, what if this happened instead? And suddenly it's a hundred times better than you thought it was!

So I was looking at The Wild as a whole and what we had so far and I realized that what I had planned for ROA and it's ending were much too unresolved and open for this to be considered a final book. And after looking at the timeline, I noticed that things could very easily be pushed together into sooner books, and suddenly all this open space for story started showing up! When it comes down to it, despite the grand finale feel and the big war and everything, ROA is still only up till book 6 out of 7. And in addition to that, the things I wanted to do with the Ethyrium and all that are so far out there story wise that they would almost be better suited for a spin off series or special edition book or something down the line. So with that stuff crossed out, I started thinking of ROA as a book 6 and not a finale, and a TON of new story started pouring in, and in my opinion it's better than ever! Just because ROA has a big war and stuff doesn't mean it has to be the ending. Not every finale book has to have a giant battle or war to make it seem grander than it is. In fact, all that fighting could even be better used to set up the state of the world for the actual final book. So what I'm kind of thinking about now is this:

Book One: The group first coming together and hunting for Zarrock and finding out about the Soul Key and the Phoenix and stuff.

Book Two: Maybe throw in more Syrune, finding out about the power sources and first introducing the wolf pack, as well as some early bits with Kale still in the roost.

Book Three: Kale's story at the roost, the wolves and the whole introducing T'Sone arc, and the birds ending with the battle in the NM with Rinka becoming a Phoenix.

Book Four: This one I'm thinking two stories happening in separate places with sprinkles of the other characters moving around the game board all over. I'm thinking we've got the wolves rescuing Rose and the whole defeating T'Sone arc, while at the same time the birds intertwining with Kale's plot line at the prison and ending with everyone meeting back up.

Book Five: This is the one I struggle with the most to find plot to fill in but I know it should end with Tyrin going to the Ethyrium.

Book Six: Beginning of Reign of Ashes with the time jump to Tyrin coming back and warning about Agathar and then being killed and Agy taking over, then we can do the first few years and setting up Rinka's city and the separate plot lines, though some we've started now in rp might actually happen in book 7 instead, we'll have to discuss. But I think this book should end with The Wild's army going to fight Agathar at The Spire, and something big happening *the new plot I came up with the past few days* that leads into the final book.

Book Seven: Part two of Reign of Ashes, *spoiler* defeating *spoiler spoiler* and plot finally ending with *spoiler spoiler* to close out the series beautifully.

This is my official start to an outline for the series. Every single one of you who wants to and is able to is more than welcome to help work on this series, I know Ruki and Wild for example are getting right in there down to words on each page. This is a team effort, but as the initial conceiver of the story and world, this the direction I want to go in with the story and the book break down. I am more than open to help and suggestions from my fellow co-writers, but as kind of the father of all this I'm saying this is what I want as for the main outline in terms of the number of books and general flow, something I had never fully thought out till now as a whole. The only things about this whole process that I think should be mainly left up to me is the number of books and the actual ending. We're all helping to make this the best it can be, but I hope you all understand that this was and is my dream and I think I've more than earned the right to a final say on some things like the number of books or the ending. We're all helping raise it, but The Wild is my child. I hope you all who are going to be co-writing understand that I'm still team captain on some things at the end of the day. I'm not going to force things on you, but at the same time I don't want messages like "no it should be 3 books" or "actually it should end with this". I'm open to suggestions, of course, but there are some things that should be up to the guy who created this whole universe to begin with. As long as that's understood, we can actually begin writing now with this outline. (once we all get it fleshed out more)

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

813The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

So, co-writers! As of now that means Wild and Ruki!

Our first step is to fill out that outline! Excluding the second half of book 7 for now. I'm keeping my ideas for the ending a secret till we get farther along, and at some point we'll have to keep the outline out of the public view when we get more serious. Don't worry! I'm not keeping the ending from the co-writers forever! I just think it's kind of sacred and I want to hold onto it and really think about it till we get to writing the books for real, and even then I may not tell my ideas for the end direction until we're on book 4 or 5. Maybe sooner.

814The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:48 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

I realize now after a bit that I way over explained and defended myself on some stuff that really didn't need it XD I blame lack of sleep and my abnormal brain. The TLDR on all that is look I have an outline finally done after all these years, help write it but don't fight me too much on some big things at the end of the day.

That sounds a lot nicer. I'm gonna die of exhaustion now.

815The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:53 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Pertaining to my characters of course. The endings I mean. I mean don't fight me on what my own characters are doing and how the ending will affect them. If you think your charries would do X or Y in this book or that book or situation you still have every right to bring that up.

816The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:54 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Shadow of the Colossus came out at midnight and it just finished downloading. Goodbye sleep.

817The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:47 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

I A M T H E C O N F E D E R A T E A R M Y

818The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

I only read that initial post before I chatted with you on Skype Jay. I didn't even realize you had posted four more times since then XD

819The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

O.o

820The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:18 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

Wild! I see you! Very Happy

821The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:35 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Yes! Yes you do! XD

And now you don't! Because I'm headed off to bed XP

This has been a busy week, so sorry for a lack of RP! ^.^ Thankfully tomorrow is Friday, so as long as I finish up my studies for the day well before work, I'll be able to post a lot more! I want to post a short thing for Najmah, 'cause now I'm eager for her reunion with Raiya. (I'm totally going to have Thalak gather some of Ruki's, Crow's, and your characters to go with Raiya when she goes after Moonpelt, because "Raiya, you can't do these things on your own!")
I also want to post an alternate scene in Kale's Tales. It'll be 'What if Tyrin, during a time with no battles, just showed up to say hi to Rinka in her hollow?' It won't be that long of a scene, but it'll be great!

Anyway, good night! Sweet dreams! I'll talk to you guys tomorrow!

822The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

When you're shamelessly rewatching the My Little Pony Movie on YouTube and you find Seyrune's perfect Disney villain song

((See this is what I do instead of post RP lol))

823The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Jaystep wrote:So, co-writers! As of now that means Wild and Ruki!

Our first step is to fill out that outline! Excluding the second half of book 7 for now. I'm keeping my ideas for the ending a secret till we get farther along, and at some point we'll have to keep the outline out of the public view when we get more serious. Don't worry! I'm not keeping the ending from the co-writers forever! I just think it's kind of sacred and I want to hold onto it and really think about it till we get to writing the books for real, and even then I may not tell my ideas for the end direction until we're on book 4 or 5. Maybe sooner.

My only request is all my characters be introduced waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay earlier. 

Khiarra would be the hardest since her backstory is so secluded from everyone else.... the best way I could think of to get everyone to her island is that one of the parts to the Key is there *shrug*

824The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ruki wrote:When you're shamelessly rewatching the My Little Pony Movie on YouTube and you find Seyrune's perfect Disney villain song

((See this is what I do instead of post RP lol))
This is literally the only scene that I've seen from the movie, and I agree XD

825The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Ooh, I like the backstory for Josh! Wacko Is there going to be a continuation?

826The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Wildwing wrote:Ooh, I like the backstory for Josh! Wacko Is there going to be a continuation?

That's the plan! I had to stop because I've been having major writers block and needed to get the first part out before I lost it

827The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

H E Y N O W

TIME TO CALL OUT @Jaystep !!!

Reign of Ashes is basically the Lion King!

We have a king (Mufasa/gonna call him Nathan who is beloved by all and usurper (Scar/Agathar) devises a plot to kill the king (Mufasa/Nathan) and his son, the prince (Simba/Tyrin). The usurper (Scar/Agathar) has a hoard of underlings (hyenas/Shades) in which he orders to disrupt the prince (Simba/Tyrin) and his friend(s) (Nalaa/Rinka, Drellan, ect). Eventually through circumstance the usurper (Scar/Agathar) has his chance and takes the life of the king (Mufasa/Nathan) and sends his underlings (hyenas/Shaes) to kill the prince (Simba/Tyrin) instead of doing it himself. The prince (Simba/Tyrin) escapes, and lives in exile for quite some time.... only to return with allies he made while in exile (Timon and Pumbaa/the Phoenix Guard). Through various events the usurper (Scar/Agathar) is overthrown and the prince (Simba/Tyrin) restores balance and takes is place as rightful king of the P R I D E L A N D S and everyone lives happily ever after.

Jay you owe us an explain. Razz

828The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

The Lion King is such a basic story at its core you could do that with almost any story XD 

Although you did get some things wrong. Like for example Agathar killed Tyrin himself and isn't trying to rule, he's trying to save his people and is the hero of his own story. 

Also you're insinuating that this has a happy ending with Tyrin and his mate and friends (and feathers) saving the day and ruling happily over the lands. 

Which would be wrong. Smile

829The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Jaystep wrote:The Lion King is such a basic story at its core you could do that with almost any story XD 

Although you did get some things wrong. Like for example Agathar killed Tyrin himself and isn't trying to rule, he's trying to save his people and is the hero of his own story. 

Also you're insinuating that this has a happy ending with Tyrin and his mate and friends (and feathers) saving the day and ruling happily over the lands. 

Which would be wrong. Smile

NOOOO
YOU CANNOT TAKE THIS FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!

830The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:47 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

sorry did you just call The Lion King basic

/instantly unfriends/

831The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Guys I am so tired it's not even funny T.T

832The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:53 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

hm

833The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:44 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

for future immortality:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHsRtomD4twRf5WVHHk-cMw

(TierZoo's Youtube Channel, the one about Earth Life as a Video Game)

834The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:10 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Drellan: Ah! Hello! Welcome to our new wolf! Let's see .... *reads clip-board* Drake, huh? Nice name! Raised in, let's see... Pridelands. Very good! Parents- *turns page* ............ wut. ..... *stares at Rose* *stares at Najmah*

835The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

Leaked footage of Tyrin training the Phoenix Guard

836The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

lol

837The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:17 am

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

im done

[Jaystep: THIS WAS THE 10,000th POST ]

Last edited by Jaystep on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : WINNER WINNER)

838The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Ruki

Ruki
Wolf

I thought I made a a creepy/scary character but everyone thinks he's cute!

The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 6655448_ZCtrvi3iIC9wEg4

WHY IS EVERYTHING A TOUCH CUTE  Crying

839The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

OH MY GOODNESS RUKI, THAT'S SO CUTE!! Wacko Wacko Wacko I love him!! <3

840The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:20 pm

You Dwarvish Idiot

You Dwarvish Idiot
Tiger

I love you too

oh wait

hawkward...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum