The Wild Rp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Roleplaying forum based around the story of life for nature after mankind's disappearance. (Image credit: Matthew Watts Art)

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Great Random Chat Thread

+3
Ruki
Jaycrow
SilverstarWarrior
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 31]

271The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Hey, Rinka here. I don't care what Wild said on Skype, it wasn't my fault!

272The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

*flub* *flop* *fwip* *fwoop* *blop* *plort* *zwoing* *nyah* 

[sound effects people. sound effects]

bored.

http://www.thewildrpseries.com

273The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Can I just hire someone to write my rp scenes for me? Why is this so much more difficult than it used to be? What happened to my motivation? My concentration? My inspiration? Why did that part of me have to grow up too?

Neutral

274The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

*bounces in* ... *flops to the floor on face* *groans* ... *raises hand* You can pay me. Since this stinking real world operates on money and I need to save it for whatever future I have XP

Hey, maybe we could all switch characters for a little bit? Just for fun! XD It could be off-putting RP with either the current plot, future plot, past plot, or all new plot! But we're RPing someone else's charries (with their permission Lol )

275The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

God my short stories are pathetic. They all have one "chapter" which is smaller than some of my rp posts, except for S&S which has two. It's been a full year since the first chapter of UTBM. Why can't I finish anything I start?

276The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:08 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:*bounces in* ... *flops to the floor on face* *groans* ... *raises hand* You can pay me. Since this stinking real world operates on money and I need to save it for whatever future I have XP

Hey, maybe we could all switch characters for a little bit? Just for fun! XD It could be off-putting RP with either the current plot, future plot, past plot, or all new plot! But we're RPing someone else's charries (with their permission Lol )
I'm too broke to hire a woman of your talents. You should be paid like royalty for what you write.  Smile

Oh boy, that would be great-- if I could rp anything to begin with. *headdesk*

277The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:10 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

*vomits* I don't want to be 22. I just want to be in high school again. I actually miss homework. I feel like my life had structure back then. I was so dedicated to writing rp too...

278The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:13 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:God my short stories are pathetic. They all have one "chapter" which is smaller than some of my rp posts, except for S&S which has two. It's been a full year since the first chapter of UTBM. Why can't I finish anything I start?
I feel that way about all the drawings I have to finish, so I feel ya. XP But hey, you know what? Just because they're not finished now doesn't mean they won't be finished in the future. I know you feel bad, but please don't give up hope. I feel like you've got a lot on your plate both here and in real life. I'll give you some advice my dad recently gave me: focus on one thing at a time. Set some goals with what you want to do in the order you want to do, and it's okay if the order or goals change. For example, you could write a chapter one day, RP another day, etc. And sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry. And when you're finished with one thing, breathe and gather yourself together, take the break you need, and move onto the next thing. I know it seems overwhelming now, but I believe in you! You've got this! Very Happy

279The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:24 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:
Jaystep wrote:God my short stories are pathetic. They all have one "chapter" which is smaller than some of my rp posts, except for S&S which has two. It's been a full year since the first chapter of UTBM. Why can't I finish anything I start?
I feel that way about all the drawings I have to finish, so I feel ya. XP But hey, you know what? Just because they're not finished now doesn't mean they won't be finished in the future. I know you feel bad, but please don't give up hope. I feel like you've got a lot on your plate both here and in real life. I'll give you some advice my dad recently gave me: focus on one thing at a time. Set some goals with what you want to do in the order you want to do, and it's okay if the order or goals change. For example, you could write a chapter one day, RP another day, etc. And sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry. And when you're finished with one thing, breathe and gather yourself together, take the break you need, and move onto the next thing. I know it seems overwhelming now, but I believe in you! You've got this! Very Happy
I wish it was that easy for me, I really do. Thank you for what you said, I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I always feel better after talking with friends.

280The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:37 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Jaystep wrote:*vomits* I don't want to be 22. I just want to be in high school again. I actually miss homework. I feel like my life had structure back then. I was so dedicated to writing rp too...
*pats back* I'm not very good at giving advice or comfort. I'm only like a Level 1 adult after all. I think I'm going through something similar, or starting to. So I've been thinking, maybe the reason why it feels like life had structure back then was because someone else was in control of our lives? Like people told us what to do, provided shelter and food for us... Before I go off on a tangent and start criticizing school and what it's been teaching us for the majority of our lives, my point is we are in control of our lives now. We can do anything. Like literally anything, I'm not just talking about driving to the store and buying as much ice cream as we want. If I wanted to travel, I could literally just pack up my essentials and start driving. I mean, I would need a plan if I didn't want to get horribly lost in the wilderness. I would need to set a structure for my travels and figure out where I want to go. And that's kind of what life is like. That is what life is like. Where do you want to go? Who do you want to be? What makes you happy? Where can you find everlasting happiness? And are you willing to do what it takes to achieve that happiness, even without the desire driving you forward? I admit that last question might be unfair if you don't know the answer to the previous questions. But I feel like it's an important. *shrugs*

Sorry, this probably isn't helpful advice XP Talking about it is easier than actually doing it. But seriously, one thing at a time. It's no good if you're so stressed and weighed down by everything that you're incapacitated. And this is advice I need to take, because I am a procrastinator as you know. I let things pile up. So... Just take care of yourself and do what's best for you. And don't forget that you do have friends and family who are willing to help you out. Please let others help you any way they can. Humans are pack animals, and it hurts for any individual to carry their burdens on their own.

281The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:50 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Thanks for the real-talk. Lol You know I'm always appreciative.

282The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:52 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

No problem dude! XD I always that it'll help in some way. If not now, then sometime in the future! Smile And even if not, that's okay! Then hopefully someday it'll help somebody.

283The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:07 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Still here, sorry! I'm just doing a bit of reading

284The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:09 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

No problem! I'm gliding around Hyrule looking for Leviathan skulls Lol But I pause the game when I get notified about a new post! Smile

285The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

So what are you reading?

286The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:So what are you reading?
The old front page from day one of The Wild! I finally (after almost two years) got back into my old laptop and found the first several hundred pages I had started to copy/cut into Book One from 2011! Wacko

287The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:38 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

I assumed all the files were gone because I've looked for them before but tonight I was desperate enough to scour EVERY saved file. I even went back into email addresses I haven't used since 2011 to find saved documents I may have sent to myself! And it paid off!

288The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Oh nice!! Wacko That's awesome! Man, how was reading all that? Nostalgic? Slightly cringy? Lol

289The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:53 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Oh nice!! Wacko That's awesome! Man, how was reading all that? Nostalgic? Slightly cringy? Lol
Well, I hit a snag. I have the front page and can access that, but apparently at some point in 2013 I moved pages 2-410 onto a flashdrive [I even left my future self a note saying as much] ..... but now where's the flashdrive?

290The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:56 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

._. Well uh-oh. I know I have some pages saved myself on my computer somewhere (I think), but I'm not sure I have all those pages. ...Hmm... Maybe it's in a backpack, or a drawer, or a box... Or literally anywhere...

291The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:01 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:._. Well uh-oh. I know I have some pages saved myself on my computer somewhere (I think), but I'm not sure I have all those pages. ...Hmm... Maybe it's in a backpack, or a drawer, or a box... Or literally anywhere...
I have the 400-410 that you sent me years ago over email. It's mainly the scenes of Syrune making her mask with Kurai, and Tyrin explaining being a Phoenix to Rinka.

292The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:06 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Yep, that was it! I thought I had more... *shrugs* Anyway, I hope you do find your flashdrive! In fact now that I think about it, I think I have a vague memory of you telling me back then that you had moved that stuff to your flashdrive. I dunno where you put said flashdrive, but I do hope you find it!

293The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:13 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

I went looking for the past half hour through all my old stuff ...... I found the flashdrive ........ and it's empty. 

I don't know if the files got corrupted or erased but there's nothing on here. 

I know I saved this stuff SOMEWHERE! I have a vivid memory of editing out the whole beginning 50 pages and having to remove any mention of the jaguar character who joined, and I remember stumbling onto it not long ago, last year maybe...

294The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Oh no... Are you sure it's the same flashdrive? And if it is, is it possible that you put the files in hidden mode?

295The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:38 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Oh no... Are you sure it's the same flashdrive? And if it is, is it possible that you put the files in hidden mode?
I checked all my flashdrives and Ruki's, hidden files and all and I have nothing to show for it. Idk where I would have put this.... An old phone maybe? I'll check some old boxes, I never throw phones away so I'm sure my old gal is around here somewhere. Who knows what horrors that will have.  *shudders at the possible old Liz texts*

296The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

Sorry, got into an intense fight with a boss monster. I won. ^.^

Oh yeesh! Good luck with that! Hopefully that will bring up something good. If not, maybe an old Google docs file in an old email? (Man, that is a name I have not heard in a long time XP)

297The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Wildwing wrote:Sorry, got into an intense fight with a boss monster. I won. ^.^

Oh yeesh! Good luck with that! Hopefully that will bring up something good. If not, maybe an old Google docs file in an old email? (Man, that is a name I have not heard in a long time XP)
(For good reason, lol)

298The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:09 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

...Well, not an intense fight.  I've beaten this monster a few times before, so it was easy. But I discovered a fairy fountain under one of the Leviathan skeleton and I had her upgrade a bunch of my outfits. It took a while. Fighting is funner than upgrading XD

(*cringing in sympathy* ^.^')

299The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 am

Wildwing

Wildwing
~Mod-chan~

I am going to head to bed. I hope you find those pages. But even if you don't, it'll be okay. I wish we could have them just for nostalgia's sake. But as I mentioned before, I am rewriting some scenes, which includes the very beginning when Rinka meets Drellan and Tyrin for the very first time. And I am also writing a scene for Fin leading up to that point. It will end for him in a gut-wrenching way.
(And these scenes don't have to be canon if you or the others don't like them. They can be put in Kale's Tales as part of the "What if" if that's the case.)

Goodnight! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite! Sweet dreams! ^.^

300The Great Random Chat Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Great Random Chat Thread Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:47 am

Jaystep

Jaystep
Admin

Good night Wild Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 31]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum